StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 19 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
What else would you like me to say ? if you were a perspective customer and during the sales transaction you asks if the body can be removed from the frame once assembled, Id say No that maybe our kit is not for you
I understand what you are saying,but my point is that several years after a car is built you may want to freshen it up or change the color.It would be nice if you could remove the body to also freshen up the frame. Has your company even considered making a change like this?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
I understand what you are saying,but my point is that several years after a car is built you may want to freshen it up or change the color.

It's not there problem after several year.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
I asked a very simple and sincere question and the answer was far from what I would expect from a man so high up in such a large company.
I gave you a honest direct answer?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I have done more to cars then you will ever do!!!!! I've tired to help you,But you will learn the hard way.Hope you alot of luck.You will need it!!!! I did stand up for your cars,But now you have showed your true color's.It's a shame a man in your spot.Say's the things you say.But it ''DON'T'' surprise me at all!!!!!! You sure your name isn't Marty?
Im not Marty , but Ive repeatably asked for your questions, answered the ones that have been asked as honest as I can , but you keep going on and on , Sure Im defensive, you'd be defensive too , If you put 15 years into a company and a product you believe 100% in and because a small percentage of our customers have had problems building our kit , you want to condemn this company , call GM or Ford and ask them how many complaints they have and how many people buy their cars and sell them because their not happy, how many of their cars are being sold second hand . We have alot more customers happy with our cars then unhappy.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
That's because the really nice ones are either built by someone with years of experience or by professionals. The average guy with average ability has only a marginal chance of winding up with a masterpiece.

Oh yes you are! They're products are at least faithful copies of the original. When you build a Gibbons or Outlaw bodied car you wind up with one that actually looks like the original. That simply is not the case with most of Street Beast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab's offerings.

Biggest maybe but best is highly debatable. Perhaps this article written by a former CMC employee will shed some light on the "advertising and sales" tactics used by your company. Just because the name has changed doesn't mean the tactics and high-pressure sales have changed.

ttp://www.geocities.com/aztec7fan/story_by_christopher_aguilera.html

Also while I'm at it, how about an article that appeared in Car and Driver magazine a few years ago that will help shed a little more light on the dismal reputation and past history of Street Beast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab.

http://www.erareplicas.com/misc/bedard/index.htm

When all is said and done little has changed since the days of Fiberfab and CMC. The design is still a poor representation of the original, and the frame still leaves a lot to be desired. On the other side, customer service must have approved since as far as I can tell there are no pending law suits or BBB complaints and the quality of the fiberglass work is better. From my point of view, thats about all I can say good about the company.

Have I built a Street Beast? No. Would I build a Street Beast? Not even if it was free. Have I been badgered by Street Beast sales people? Yes, until I changed my phone number. You see I made the mistake of actually inquiring about one of their Cobra kits once. I'll never do that again, I can assure you.

It's too bad really, Street Beast's Willys and Cobra aren't too bad when it comes to fidelity to the original (although the Cobra is stretched a little). Its the molds for their street rods that were inherited from CMC and Fiberfab that are so terrible. It's too bad that Street Beast can't see how bad they really are and invest some of its profits into new molds and an improved design. Don't hold your breath for that to happen though.

Is that the best you can come up with, Those artictle are more like 12 years old almost as old as this thread. You really need to stop referring this company to CMC and Fiber Fab, This has been turned over to our attorney and you will be contacted if not already , I dont think you have enough equity in those cars you own to withstand a Civil Liable Lawsuit , if I were you Id pull the plug on this thread immediately and walk away, and remove the Wiki site from your main page , let people find it on their own

Govern yourself accordingly
Old 08-08-2008, 09:02 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Is that the best you can come up with, Those artictle are more like 12 years old almost as old as this thread. You really need to stop referring this company to CMC and Fiber Fab, This has been turned over to our attorney and you will be contacted if not already , I dont think you have enough equity in those cars you own to withstand a Civil Liable Lawsuit , if I were you Id pull the plug on this thread immediately and walk away, and remove the Wiki site from your main page , let people find it on their own

Govern yourself accordingly
I was born, but not yesterday. Perhaps you haven't heard of the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. My opinions are mine and I have a right to voice them whenever and where ever I choose. AND.... if I feel like referring to Street Beast and including the company's previous names at the same time I will. You're forgetting that it is not illegal to voice opinions or speak the truth. The fact that Street Beast was once CMC which was once Fiberfab is just that, a FACT, and it IS the truth. Sorry if that upsets you but so be it.

As far as the Wiki or this thread is concerned. you'll have to speak to the site administrator Jon. He wasn't born yesterday either.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

When streetbeast/cmc/fiberfab or any of the other company names your company has sold parts under can show a history of truly providing the high quality and great service that you are currently just TALKING about, folks will take what you say as the truth.

Actions speak louder than words. Let the guy who is posting on this thread who bought one of your kits tell of how things progress. Last I read, he seemed happy...maybe you are paying him, or he is truly satisfied...I don't know. He seems sincere, objective and as far as I'm concerned, his statements are all very positive. He took all the criticism in stride, and focused only on the positive. You would do well to learn from his example.

Point some of your other new and past customers to this thread...If things are really as you say, then they will be all too happy to come here and stand up for your product.

If, as you say, your company is making a huge turnaround and now producing kits of value, then the truth will come out.

You trying to silence your critics by asking that this thread be shut down only makes you look desperate.

The entries made in the streetbeast wiki were mostly propaganda, all made by the same person. Entries made in the wrong sections, entries only speaking about personal issues and relating to the management of the company go into a section of that wiki that does not yet exist .
Quote:

Known issues with ALL kit cars
-------------------------------------------------------------
Any negative issues that are being wrongly assigned StreetBeasts, but really apply to ALL kit cars, should go here.
I ordered a kit from streetbeast 5 years ago and have been paying on the layaway plan, last year I had about $2000 left to pay and was diagnosed with cancer,

What does having cancer have to do with common problems that apply to ALL kit cars?

Nothing..

BTW, Get a better writer, that stuff looked like it was written by a 12 year old.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 08-08-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
If you put 15 years into a company and a product you believe 100% in and because a small percentage of our customers have had problems building our kit.
What a LAME statement of dribble ...

If you have been there 15 years ... you were there when it was all of the other companies ... with ALL of the problems. If you want to sue everyone who has negative things to say about the company and the product ... you must have over half the lawyers in your state on the payroll.

The following are FACTS ...

1) I was at the NSRA Street Rod Nationals last week and I saw 15 to 20 of your 33 - 34 products. Over half of them were for sale. For way less than the money spent on them.

2) I know of 3 unfinished, uncompleted 33 - 34 Kits that has changed hands a few times and have not yet made the road or registration/tags stage yet.

3) I was offered one of your 33 - 34 cabriolet " kit " recently for about half the original purchase price ... and the unhappy owner had also bought a engine, transmission and wheels with tires which he was willing to throw in for the ' half price ' asking price.

Now a question ...

If you are so well liked now ... why were you and the company not at the NSRA National with a vendor booth ??

I would imagine you do not want to have to deal with ALL the unhappy past customers ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
What a LAME statement of dribble ...

If you have been there 15 years ... you were there when it was all of the other companies ... with ALL of the problems. If you want to sue everyone who has negative things to say about the company and the product ... you must have over half the lawyers in your state on the payroll.

The following are FACTS ...

1) I was at the NSRA Street Rod Nationals last week and I saw 15 to 20 of your 33 - 34 products. Over half of them were for sale. For way less than the money spent on them.

2) I know of 3 unfinished, uncompleted 33 - 34 Kits that has changed hands a few times and have not yet made the road or registration/tags stage yet.

3) I was offered one of your 33 - 34 cabriolet " kit " recently for about half the original purchase price ... and the unhappy owner had also bought a engine, transmission and wheels with tires which he was willing to throw in for the ' half price ' asking price.

Now a question ...

If you are so well liked now ... why were you and the company not at the NSRA National with a vendor booth ??

I would imagine you do not want to have to deal with ALL the unhappy past customers ...
These are Facts:

1: I was at the Nationals and saw at least 25 of our customers whos cars are worth 3 times what they paid for the kit, one customer just had his car appraised for insurance for $128, 500(Id post a pic but you will just take it off like other pics Ive tried to post)

2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?)

3. Im not sure of your point with this one either

As far as the nationals vendor booth , we were at Hot august nights, and we had a couple authorized builders at Louisville.

As a business decision , we've cut back on shows because of rising fuel cost expenses, and have been looking into other venues as far as advertising
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
These are Facts:

1: I was at the Nationals and saw at least 25 of our customers whos cars are worth 3 times what they paid for the kit, one customer just had his car appraised for insurance for $128, 500(Id post a pic but you will just take it off like other pics Ive tried to post)

2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?)

3. Im not sure of your point with this one either

As far as the nationals vendor booth , we were at Hot august nights, and we had a couple authorized builders at Louisville.

As a business decision , we've cut back on shows because of rising fuel cost expenses, and have been looking into other venues as far as advertising
Weve decided to sink more money into TV Advertising
*************** " Check it Out !!"

Last edited by Jon; 08-08-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Owned, newb. You're not advertising on our forum.

K
Old 08-08-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerformula
Owned, newb. You're not advertising on our forum.

K
Whatever !!! LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Whatever !!! LOL

No problem, check out our customer gallery on our website you can watch it there or you can watch it on you Tube, just search streetbeasts on You Tube
Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

StreetbeastOptsMan -- your post had been edited by killerformula for violating our guidelines by placing a link to a commercial url for your company. I noticed that you had re-inserted the link, and I've just re-edited it. Please refrain from re-inserting the link again.

In addition, I would request that you please consult the law before throwing about accusations of defamation. Everyone on this board, and everyone in this country, is free to express their opinion.

Also, folks -- please take a minute or two to add your information to the Streetbeasts wiki article. It's not even 48 hours old, and it's already in the #3 position in Google for searches for "Streetbeasts". There should be plenty of exposure for that article, even more than we could get in a popular forum thread.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Mark,

You really need to rethink your last post. It was outta line. Randy aka New Interiors is the reason I joined this place and he BUILDS cars outta scratch. He also has a StreetBeasts '34 which also indicates he could help you rather than you step on his ****. (Hell, I'll edit myself before the mods do! )

Jay sometimes you just can't help someone,No matter how much they need it. But sometimes the truth hurt's.And all I have done here is speak the truth.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.