StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2002, 08:14 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I just love listening to you guys about how bad streetbeast are build; or was it how hard it is to build one? I am currently in the process of completing a streetbeast. Granted it has taken me about 15 months, however it isn't my full time project. I have looked at Outlaw,Gibbons, and Downs bodies. There isn't a Fiberglas body out there that doesn't require modifications. I don't uderstand where the problem is on the frame. I am running a blown 327 Chevy with 500hp and it can take all that and some! As for the strut rods, I cut them out (took me over 30 minutes each with a cutoff wheel). I find it hard to believe they could break so easy. I converted to a Heidt SS front end, just for preference and looks. Sure there are problems in buiding a kit. However, if you want doors, hood, truck etc. hung, just buy a car that is done. As for me I like the challege of building a rod.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2002, 08:38 PM

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau about Street Beasts at bbb.com, and I was astonished to find out they have had no complaints against them and are in good standing with the BBB.

I would suggest that if some of out members have had poblems with Street Beasts, they contact the Better Business Bureau and let them know about it so everyone will have access to that information.

Just a thought.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:50 AM

Last photo:

I purchased the '34 coupe kit last Sept., and have found it to be a quality product. It is perfect for someone who is building their first car, as I am. The people at Streetbeasts have been very helpfull. When I took my car in to be painted, the body shop said it was one of the best quility fiberglass kit car bodies they have seen. Every part that I have installed has fit as advertised. I have found that building a car costs way more than you figure it is going to,
and it is true that there are some modifications that must be made.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:15 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:

The BBB is a laughable.Ask them what a street rod is.How many people get riped off every day and the BBB never gets a call.Comparing a Outlaw,Gibbons, Downs bodies to a beast is like comparing a rusted out Vega to a brand new Jag.You cant possably beleive the that they are even close.I have no grip with the company(i dont nor will i ever own one)but i do build cars and see the diff.There IS a BIG diff.For the first time buyer you still would be better off cost wise ,resale wise and safety wise to buy some ones half finished rod. Come back here when you go to sell your beast,got to be something to why they bring NO money when sold used .I have seen them takin apart because they were worth more in parts than together(total performance t-buckets are another one)If you injoy it ....so be it.If your looking to build/buy a rod take some one with you that has been into rods for a while.This was meant more for the people thinking about buying one than trying to cut your car down.Sorry if i have offended you.As far as susie cutting out the strut rods,i dont know why it was so hard they unbolt. (i know you meant the bracket,we knocked one off with a hammer it was so poorly welded.) Hey Susie blown 327 puttin 500HP,i think maybe they were pullin your leg.Blown 388 stroker on the dyno the other nite 490 real hp on 104 oct. (of coarse the guy that owns it will probably tell everbody its 700HP LOL )It also smells a little funny ,your a builder from the gulf coast???? Only 1 post??? Maybe you are connected to the product????

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Phat ]</p>
Old 01-30-2002, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

Talking

I would like to make 2 points:
The quality of any kit car is directly related to how effort has been put into constructing it properly with quality parts.
If you exceed the recommended specs ie. putting a 500hp big block in a frame designed for a 300hp small block( as streetbeasts are) and then taking it to the drags, you will have problems with any kit car. :p
Old 01-30-2002, 11:36 AM

Last photo:

Wink

One more thing to add: the body DOES have an inner steel cage to protect you in case of a rollover and there is nothing wrong with the welds-I have checked my frame throughly and I know a bad weld when I see one.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:14 PM
Toy builder

Last photo:

2 Things Mike.. You hit on the very thing wrong with the beast ,its a kit car NOT a rod(After you have built a few cars you will know the diff at first glance).The car does NOT have a inner steel cage for roll over nor should you beleive that it is safe to do so.The steel that is welded to the frame(Its NOT a cage)is because the body would fall off the car without it and you would NEVER get the doors opened or closed(they saved huge amounts of money buy building a skin car,NOT a body). I think the only way i can explain it is ,take a brandnew outlaw body and drop it off a 2-3 story building,it will have some damage but all and all it will still be usable.Take your beast body(no steel now just the body) and do the same .What do you thing will be left Dust pan anybody. Sorry to be so blunt but people need to know a beast is NOT a streetrod,its a KIT CAR(and not a very good one at that).As i said there is a BIG diff.The beast is targeted toward the first time buyer that is not very informed on what it takes to build or own a rod.Sorry just want people to know you gets what you pay for.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:18 PM

Talking

I've sat and watched this getting tossed around and have some thoughts of my own to add. You can open a lot of rodder mags and find their kits advertised. They are cheaper to buy than any others out there. I have yet to see any street rod supplier sell their product that is well known and reputable. I have been around long enough to know you get what you pay for and if they were such a good deal everyone would want to sell them. I also beleive there is a place for them in our hobby for the person who decides that is what they want to build so long as they know what they are getting. If they rate it for 300hp then leave it at that otherwise you will have problems and I would guess it wouldn't be safe. I'm thinking about me and my family when I meet you coming down the road. As far as welds are concernd if you are not a good welder and know what you are looking at you don't have a clue, a mig welder will make any weld look good, it's very easy to cold lap welds with a mig and have them look great. The other thing is metal thickness if it's not heavy enough the best weld in the world won't help when things start tearing apart next to the welds.phat is very opinionated on this subject and I think his heart is in the right place,he works as a rodder and knows alot about chassis and suspension the backbone of any car. 33-34 Fords are my all time favorite and when or if I get the chance to build one it won't be a street beast. There are several quality builders to choose from and they will get my business because I want a quality ride when I'm done
Old 01-31-2002, 03:42 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Thumbs down

To the gentleman who checked with the BBB for a history on Street Beasts. There is none. You have to check one of their previous names like Classic Motor Carriages, or FiberFab. This company has a long history of ripping off its customers and is currently operating only under the supervision of the Florida Attorney Generals Office. Check the link below to review their case file.

<a href="http://legall.firm.edu/lit_ec.nsf/2c8e275c590c080e852563cc0010d6bc/c87f5ece31bb5fd385256333005c8d1f?OpenDocument" target="_blank">Florida Attorney General Case File</a>

The biggest problem with their kits is not the quality, it’s the fidelity to what they're supposed to represent. There are few if any parts made for a 33 Ford that will fit a Street Beast kit. When parked next to a real on they appear like a poor carbon copy of the original. It's pretty bad when you spend hundreds of hours building a kit only to find that most of the rest of the street rod community considers them toys.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:26 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:

Darn Bill if you are not correct.. Now i remember all the crap that went down with both companys.Ladies and gentelman stay as far away from this company as you can!!!!!!! When they were fiberfab they made some of the biggest piles of .....well you know what i am talkin about. I beleive there may be a few hundred un useable cobra bodies laying around that this company riped people off on. Thanks again Bill!!! Fla has some real screwy laws about going bankrupt and coming back the next day as some one else.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:57 PM

Bill is very correct regarding the prior history of the company. I have spoken directly with the Asst. District Attorney for Florida handling the case.

Their sales practices are still the pits but they haven't screwed anybody lately, if that means anything. What I mean is under the new company (Innovative Street Machines / StreetBeasts) the State of Florida has not had any complaints as of late last year when I spoke with them. The new company was also making good on a number of the prior claims but they still had a long way to go on that one.

Regardless, I would agree that it's not for everyone. In fact, it's not for many. But I have learned so much and had so much fun since I started building mine. In my area there are very few rods (or Kits for that matter) on the roads except when GoodGuys comes every September. Many people wouldn't have a clue what it is but still think it looks great.

For me, it's fun. Period. I had a pretty good idea what I was getting into. I'm not looking to sell it and make money. Would I do it again knowing what I know now, no. But no regrets here.

Old 02-02-2002, 07:13 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:

You just are not going to the right places!! There are a lot of rods in your area(i built a few of them)You also have several very talented builders in your area.The goodguys show is nice but not everbody goes to it. you have many more within 1-4 hours of Newburg. When you get it all runnin take a trip out to Danbury on a sat nite.Hope to see you around we are only about 1 hour from each other.Did some work for eastern alloys off exit 5(maybrook)Hey you got one heck of a car auction ,bought some late model stuff there also. Later
Old 02-02-2002, 12:25 PM

I've looked it in to the kit cars a little and Lone Star has a great reputation. Check them out.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:41 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Good Afternoon,

Do not call me stupid, my dad and I are building a 41 Willys from Street Beasts. I personally visited manufacturers of these kits, and we are completely happy with there product. Just to get it out in the open, my dad was a bodyman for 41 years, and now he is a bodyshop foreman. Needless to say he knows exactly what he is looking at. He has been doing his own cars and steet rods since he was in high school. I am 27 years old, and know exactly what I am looking at as well. A little info. on the company, Street Beasts is not who makes the cars, it is called Auto Resolutions, those men and women there are very helpful and know their product. As for Street Beasts, they are the salespeople, and for those who do not like them, I agree. I just received my body two days ago, and have to admit, I and my dad, were not at all to happy. Now don't get me wrong, I am pleased with everything, except a couple issues that have already been handled, there parts look great. What I am not happy about is how Street Beasts (sales) tell you all these fabulous stories on how the car body comes to you and how there is not much you have to do, thats crap!!! There is a lot that needs to be done. As for the frame, you people are talking about 300hp, well I am dropping in a 600hp motor, with the blower, I do not know what it will make. I have a good friend that builds all out drag car chassis. He checked the frame, did all the inspecting, and said that it is fine. Now, as for the 33 and 34's, I haven't heard to much good about them. If people are such good hot rod builders, and there are a lot of "talkers" out there, you can do just about anything to a car (any car) to make it worthy. I can't remember how many cars I have seen growing up that come out of fields just held together by dirt and rust, and kit cars that seem to be worthless, come out looking first class. Besides, why would Holley choose to build one, from Street Beasts, built by a professional builder in Ohio. I speak to this man regularly, and he does not so much back the company, but does like there Willys product. Please reply via e-mail if you are at all interested in the present Street Beast, I will be glad to answer any questions regarding what to actually expect. The picture of the motor, not mine, just thought it looked cool. My frame is receiving a 502, well over 300hp.

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: 41willys ]

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: 41willys ]</p>
Old 08-07-2002, 07:57 PM

Street Beast had a display at the Auto fair in Charlotte this year. They had 2 cars on display. I didn't really look at the quality but did ask the finished price. One had a sbc other had sbford. Was told one with chevy cost $40,000 and one with ford was 42,000. For that kind of money I can build a fanstic real car.
Jack

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.