StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 20 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
These are Facts:

1: I was at the Nationals and saw at least 25 of our customers whos cars are worth 3 times what they paid for the kit, one customer just had his car appraised for insurance for $128, 500(Id post a pic but you will just take it off like other pics Ive tried to post)

2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?)
Oh I'd love to post what's on my mind, but I learned a long time ago to only say nice things, or say nothing at all.....

In a while, Chet.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just spent 30+ minutes and read all the way through for the first time so I come to the dance with fresh eyes and I just want to say. "You guys owe me 30+ minutes of my life back"

Jeez, what a bunch of whiners. Some don't like the product, some do, we get it already. The reasons were discussed years ago.

From a fresh perspective I'd have to say Streatbeast sounds like it's trying to get the company going forward, which means focusing on the positives they have to offer, no company grows by saying "we used to have problems but now..."
For the naysayers, what do you want? Would shutting their doors, going out of business, apologizing to the world for making a sell-able product be enough for you? Or will it have to be a human sacrifice?

And given the amount of BS blown back and forth, it's no wonder attitude has crept into this.

For moderators, to take the "I'll suspend you for..." high road while spewing your own venom is not what I expected, For years I've seen the Mods here let things run their course. Not sure why it became so personal to some that never even tried to assemble one of these cars.
And at what point of change would you say it's an acceptable product to you?
Or can you not be pleased with them no matter what?
Your questions were answered, I read them, given your replys to them it looks to me that no matter how he answers, it will get twisted into yet another question so you can win an peeing contest.

For the guy building the car, good luck and sorry for this thread, I hope it doesn't dampen your enthusiasm.

I'm outta here. What a waste of time...
Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:

1: I was at the Nationals and saw at least 25 of our customers whos cars are worth 3 times what they paid for the kit, one customer just had his car appraised for insurance for $128, 500(Id post a pic but you will just take it off like other pics Ive tried to post)
Worth to WHO ?? I have never seen one sell for anywhere near what was spent on them ... much less three times the " kit price "

[QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan]
2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?) [QUOTE]

The point is that most folks who buy these junk kits cannot finish them. They are newbies with little to no knowledge of building a car ... otherwise they would not have bought a " StreetBeast Kit "

Quote:
3. Im not sure of your point with this one either
The point is that the resell value of your crappy kits is in the toilet ... and you KNOW IT or should

Quote:

As far as the nationals vendor booth , we were at Hot august nights, and we had a couple authorized builders at Louisville.

As a business decision , we've cut back on shows because of rising fuel cost expenses, and have been looking into other venues as far as advertising
BIG WHOOP ... authorized builders ... what a joke ... what are the requirements? A tin shed, two screw drivers and a pair of pliers ??

Here's one of the FINISHED kits ... for only $34,500 and it has been for sale ... for awhile .....

Here is a 33 KIT for $11,500 ( he paid $18,495 )

The internet sales boards are full of them ... and none are even selling at half the price

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/classif...5&b=175&page=2

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Gritz

www.projectstreetrods.com is a good place to start. I have been building street rods and customs for longer than I like to admit. If you really examine the Street Beast, it leaves a lot to be desired. They are supposedly under new management and are trying to revise some of the previous mistakes,,,,, but time will tell. I use to build everything,, my own chassis and fab everything myself. On my most recent project, a '30 ford coupe with a flathead and C4, I took a different approach. I bought an older restored car first. This gives you all the body parts you need. Believe me, you start buying headlights, taillights, fenders, fender brackets, cowl light, interior pieces, etc. it gets expensive quick. Buying an complete older restoration saves money and time looking for all those parts. I then bought a Cornhuskers chassis. Again this saved time and money and I'm starting with a new chassis, not a 75 year old one that has to be boxed and the steel is still stressed from all those years of twisting. There is still fabrication to do, wiring, steering, suspension, panel fitting, etc. So you are still "Building" your street rod. Also, I kept the donor car in running condition so we could enjoy it while I was getting the hot rod chassis done. The grandkids loved going for ice cream in the rumble seat. Once I put the body on the new chassis, I sold the original chassis to a restorer. This helped to recoupe some of my original money spent on the car. Anyway, just another chain of thought for building your first street rod. Gritz
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Deuce,

In all fairness, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and his wallet in his wife's pocket. Secondly, there's both finished and unfinished which cuts both ways. The car that I'm posting below looks to be a StreetBeast that's pretty impressive in it's own right.

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/classifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=20014
Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: grill and rear end
Last photo:

Quote:
I gave you a honest direct answer?
My point was I expected some type of mechanical engineering reason or a way to pass some kind of DOT rule for safety.I don't think your cars are trash and I don't think I ever stated that. I was trying to ask constructive questions that could be discussed to possibly make a few improvements.Your chassis is different from everybody else's as far as I know.I thought there might be an intelligent reason for this ,not just because.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
The car that I'm posting below looks to be a StreetBeast that's pretty impressive in it's own right.
LOOK AGAIN ... and a little closer ...

The fenders are separate from the body, it does not have the ugly slant to the top and then look at the rear ... most definitely not a Street Beast. I bet he has WAY more than the 69 grand he is asking ... invested also.

There are a few StreetBeasts for sale at higher prices ... but asking is just that ... asking. They do not sell. Here is a StreetBeast Vickie for sale for less than 20 grand ... almost what the kit cost new ... and he has added engine, transmission, upholstery and tires ... plus all the little stuff that adds up so quickly.

You guys can argue this all you want

Most rodders do not not have any respect for a Street Beast ... partly because of how they look and partly because of the real poor reputation of the company who built them ....

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Hey Brian

Where'd you get the popcorn? Never mind...I found it.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Where did yall find that? never mind.

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 08-08-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Last photo:

Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

I keep hearing a word in the back ground about Streetbeast products and management .... the volume is very low at the moment

This word is repeated over and over and over....

I think the word I am hearing is ;

Spank........ Spank......... Spank......... Spank.......... Spank
Old 08-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I just love listening to you guys about how bad streetbeast are build; or was it how hard it is to build one? I am currently in the process of completing a streetbeast. Granted it has taken me about 15 months, however it isn't my full time project. I have looked at Outlaw,Gibbons, and Downs bodies. There isn't a Fiberglas body out there that doesn't require modifications. I don't uderstand where the problem is on the frame. I am running a blown 327 Chevy with 500hp and it can take all that and some! As for the strut rods, I cut them out (took me over 30 minutes each with a cutoff wheel). I find it hard to believe they could break so easy. I converted to a Heidt SS front end, just for preference and looks. Sure there are problems in buiding a kit. However, if you want doors, hood, truck etc. hung, just buy a car that is done. As for me I like the challenge of building a rod.
The truth is New Interiors that we manufacturer one of the finest quality Kits on the market designed for the first time Car builder to be able to complete it with no major modifications, Not every body can build a streetrod, hence the number of uncompleted kits in the after market like anything else, we dont pray on anybody , our customers contact us because they are interested in our product, assembly manual are offered for sale if a customer wants it first, we bought the molds and equipment from CMC , we also assumed 6 million dollars in liabilities from them as well (customer back orders, undelivered kits ect) which we full filled, and are under no supervision from any regulatory agencys like you imply...Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
Old 08-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
The truth is New Interiors that we manufacturer one of the finest quality Kits on the market designed for the first time Car builder to be able to complete it with no major modifications, Not every body can build a streetrod, hence the number of uncompleted kits in the after market like anything else, we dont pray on anybody , our customers contact us because they are interested in our product, assembly manual are offered for sale if a customer wants it first, we bought the molds and equipment from CMC , we also assumed 6 million dollars in liabilities from them as well (customer back orders, undelivered kits ect) which we full filled, and are under no supervision from any regulatory agencys like you imply...Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
I understand what your saying...And I never said they was Junk.I did say some where's on one of the thread's that It can be made a nice car.I made some very nice improvement's to mine.Like I have said I emailed some pics to yall( And I was ASKED to mail them to yall). to ''ONLY'' help out.Not to hurt yall an anyway!!! All kit's do have there problem's to build.And thats not just in kit cars.But there is a better way to offer your kits where the Beginner can built it more easier.and Really Injoy it more.I have no trouble to build your cars.Because I'm able to do anything to a car,But some people can't do fiber glassing at all.And it's very easy to do.So the things I said are not to hurt yall but to help yall.If you take it,good.If not it's up to you.Sorry if I came off to Strong and some of the thing I said.

[QUOTE] and are under no supervision from any regulatory agencys like you imply...[QUOTE]

I'm not the one that said you are!!!!!

And I'm one that like's a challenge too !!!!! Hell I built two homemade rods from ''NOTHING''....And if God say's the same, I will build a lot more..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 08-09-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Deuce]Worth to WHO ?? I have never seen one sell for anywhere near what was spent on them ... much less three times the " kit price "

[QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan]
2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?)
Quote:

The point is that most folks who buy these junk kits cannot finish them. They are newbies with little to no knowledge of building a car ... otherwise they would not have bought a " StreetBeast Kit "

The point is that the resell value of your crappy kits is in the toilet ... and you KNOW IT or should

BIG WHOOP ... authorized builders ... what a joke ... what are the requirements? A tin shed, two screw drivers and a pair of pliers ??

Here's one of the FINISHED kits ... for only $34,500 and it has been for sale ... for awhile .....

Here is a 33 KIT for $11,500 ( he paid $18,495 )

The internet sales boards are full of them ... and none are even selling at half the price

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/classif...5&b=175&page=2

I think your right , the moderators on here are my biggest enemies

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.