StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 21 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 10:48 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan][QUOTE=Deuce]Worth to WHO ?? I have never seen one sell for anywhere near what was spent on them ... much less three times the " kit price "

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
2. I know of dozens of kits that are unfinished and havent made it to the rode yet(whats your point?)

I think your right , the moderators on here are my biggest enemies

www.southwestrodandcustom.com Looks like more then a tin shed and a pair of pliers

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:

Now I didn't say that about them ether!!!!! There is some very good people you can meet here.Some may not like me,But I'm not the type of person to hate anyone!!!

Here's one statment I did make a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
scrimshaw you couldn't have said that any better,Sometimes to earn the skill's you have to take on the hard ones.I have heard so many people having a hard time with some very respected companies.I know some people like to buy a body in all they have to do is paint it.But some people like to put the doors on there own car.I have never yet had to tell someone that my car is a 34 ford.I'm not trying to get anybody against me on here ,are call any body out.I just think we should back up someone that want's to take on a challenge.I think Scrimshaw make's a very good point.I do agree that street beast isn't a car for someone just starting out,even some of the best builder out there have trouble building some of these kits there is problem's with all kits,Not just street beast .But if you can build it,You can go out in build anything.Sorry if I p**** any body off.just my thinking,And Jay good luck man!!I wish I was able to do that with my daddy.

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 08-09-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan][QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Worth to WHO ?? I have never seen one sell for anywhere near what was spent on them ... much less three times the " kit price "

www.southwestrodandcustom.com Looks like more then a tin shed and a pair of pliers

Here's a couple ebay listings on some of our Cars

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

2.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

Looks to me like they hold their value
Old 08-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

But mark!!! You do know that it take's more then they are asking to build them,Don't you? You send The first $20,000.00 Just on the kit(New)....
Old 08-09-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Now I didn't say that about them ether!!!!! There is some very good people you can meet here.Some may not like me,But I'm not the type of person to hate anyone!!!

Here's one statment I did make a while back.
There are just as many people out there have trouble with our competitors kits or bodies than there is of ours, the problem is we spend alot more in advertising and sell more kits in a month then they sell in a year so the numbers are higher, the percentages are the same , Ive seen the numbers
Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:

I think you have been treated fairly ... considering your actions. You have repeatedly violated the rules for posting links and spam for the StreetBeast company.

Most everything said here by the moderators has been backed up with posts on the web ( like For Sale ads or other articles ). Most of the moderators here are experienced car folks and car builders. Two or three have fiberglass street rods already built or under construction ( but no StreetBeasts ) . I have been building cars since the 60's ... and own a few street rods.

The Moderators here are not NEWBIES to the car scene ... therefore we are not as likely to be easily influenced by slick, glossy photos and glowing reports of the kits being sold today ... by you or any other companies.

If you read JGK95's original post ... I was the one who suggested everyone lay off bashing JGK95 and your product ... and let JGK95 report his experiences with your kit. He and his Dad are new to building Street Rods ... so it would be a reasonably fair test of the " New " StreetBeast product.

The fact is that " StreetBeast " has a bad reputation from the years past actions and performance. Once lied to and cheated ... the trust is gone and it takes a very long time to regain a good reputation. Sort of like the current thing with Senator John Edwards ... he lied and cheated ... and now his word is crap. His political future is in the crapper. The StreetBeast reputation is in the crapper ... In my area they are called " Rodney " ... for Rodney Dangerfield because they get no respect ...

I have taken Street Rodder, Rod Action, Street Rod Builder, Rod and Custom and most of the Street Rod magazine for years ... If StreetBeasts are so nice ... I have NEVER seen a StreetBeast as a feature car ... why is that ???

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-09-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
I think you have been treated fairly ... considering your actions. You have repeatedly violated the rules for posting links and spam for the StreetBeast company.

Most everything said here by the moderators has been backed up with posts on the web ( like For Sale ads or other articles ). Most of the moderators here are experienced car folks and car builders. Two or three have fiberglass street rods already built or under construction ( but no StreetBeasts ) . I have been building cars since the 60's ... and own a few street rods.

The Moderators here are not NEWBIES to the car scene ... therefore we are not as likely to be easily influenced by slick, glossy photos and glowing reports of the kits being sold today ... by you or any other companies.

If you read JGK95's original post ... I was the one who suggested everyone lay off bashing JGK95 and your product ... and let JGK95 report his experiences with your kit. He and his Dad are new to building Street Rods ... so it would be a reasonably fair test of the " New " StreetBeast product.

The fact is that " StreetBeast " has a bad reputation from the years past actions and performance. Once lied to and cheated ... the trust is gone and it takes a very long time to regain a good reputation. Sort of like the current thing with Senator John Edwards ... he lied and cheated ... and now his word is crap. His political future is in the crapper. The StreetBeast reputation is in the crapper ... In my area they are called " Rodney " ... for Rodney Dangerfield because they get no respect ...

I have taken Street Rodder, Rod Action, Street Rod Builder, Rod and Custom and most of the Street Rod magazine for years ... If StreetBeasts are so nice ... I have NEVER seen a StreetBeast as a feature car ... why is that ???

Our Cars have been featured in Street rodder, Hot rod mag , Rod and custom a number of times, I will get back to you on Issues and date . Our cobra was featured in Kit Car Builder 2-3 times in the last 5 years and Our Cobra Coupe kit was featured in kit car magazine a coule months ago
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:

The first one is at 19 grand ... that's holding value ?
For a kit that cost almost that much and then added a engine, transmission, paint and all the rest ???

The second one is listed for that 38 grand price ... but it has not SOLD ... He can list it for 50 grand ... just as easy as the price listed. It is a user car dealer trying to sell it. You know he bought it for a LOT LESS ... I bet at the price he has it listed ... the BUILDER of the beast swapped it for something he liked BETTER and lost 15 grand on the build/swap .

Old 08-09-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
There are just as many people out there have trouble with our competitors kits or bodies than there is of ours, the problem is we spend alot more in advertising and sell more kits in a month then they sell in a year so the numbers are higher, the percentages are the same , Ive seen the numbers
Whats the percentage of novice car enthusiest that partake in a steel body restoration that never finish the project and wind up selling it for a fraction of what they put into it , any of you keeping track of that
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Our Cars have been featured in Street rodder, Hot rod mag , Rod and custom a number of times, I will get back to you on Issues and date . Our cobra was featured in Kit Car Builder 2-3 times in the last 5 years and Our Cobra Coupe kit was featured in kit car magazine a coule months ago
Man ... we all know Kit Car builder does not count.
It only has KIT CARS ...

Waiting on the issues of the Street rod magazines the Beast were featured ...

Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Deuce][QUOTE=StreetbeastOptsMan]
Quote:

The first one is at 19 grand ... that's holding value ?
For a kit that cost almost that much and then added a engine, transmission, paint and all the rest ???

The second one is listed for that 38 grand price ... but it has not SOLD ... He can list it for 50 grand ... just as easy as the price listed. It is a user car dealer trying to sell it. You know he bought it for a LOT LESS ... I bet at the price he has it listed ... the BUILDER of the beast swapped it for something he liked BETTER and lost 15 grand on the build/swap .

We have sales and promotions all the time, its possible he got the kit for $12k , he could of bought the kit in 95-96 for $8900 and is doubling his money , who knows
Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I know Street Rodder started one several years ago but don't recall if they ever showed it completed. But, being a magazine, far be it for them to ever say anything negative about an advertisers product. Case in point, pick up Motor Trend - any issue.......they never drove a car they didn't have a sensual event over. Especially if the product was advertised....then it got worse.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:

I am sorry, but "asking" price, come on. We have seen people asking all kinds of goofy prices for stuff. You need to click on "Completed auctions" on the ebay "advanced search" to find out what they REALLY sell for.

http://motors.completed.shop.ebay.co...beastQQ_sopZ12

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items..._mdoZQQ_sopZ12

The completed auctions don't look quite as impressive.

Brian

Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM

Last photo:

Here's a link to an eBay Motors search for Street Beasts:

http://motors.search-desc.ebay.com/s...22QQsofocusZpf
Old 08-09-2008, 01:53 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Ouch!

18K to ~28K depending on level of completion. That wouldn't even pay for my TCI chassis, crate SB Ford engine and Brookville body

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.