StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 22 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Ouch!

18K to ~28K depending on level of completion. That wouldn't even pay for my TCI chassis, crate SB Ford engine and Brookville body
You are looking at ASKING prices. Click on my links of COMPLETED auctions. You will see $1,625 to $10,000 for Streetbeasts actually sold. There are a few there for $29,000 and such but they DIDN'T Sell. So the price means nothing.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
You are looking at ASKING prices. Click on my links of COMPLETED auctions. You will see $1,625 to $10,000 for Streetbeasts actually sold. There are a few there for $29,000 and such but they DIDN'T Sell. So the price means nothing.

Brian

This coupe just S O L D
... for 80 grand on eBay
... that for real money ...

For a common car that cost less than 800 dollars new ... that's a good investment.

This door ( to fit the same coupe ) just sold at $6,100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370071077990

The other side sold for $4,600 or so.

Thats almost 11 grand for a pair of doors ...

Wish I had a room full of them

Now back to the discussion

You folks go to it ... I have a coupe to go rub and buff the paint out on ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Interesting. I wonder where we can get a bigger data set of Streetbeast resale values. We need an ebay search that includes title AND description, for completed listings. Otherwise, everything else is anecdotal (my cousin/uncle/buddy sold his Streetbeast, and...).

Judging from other similarly-themed forums, it looks like there are some issues that are rising to the top. This is the stuff we need to document in the wiki, because, as much huffing and puffing as we're doing in this thread, the real economic impact to StreetBeast will be felt from an organized, highly-ranked-in-Google wiki article.

Just did a little bit o' Googlin'. Some similar discussions from other forums:

JalopyJournal.com: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=72255

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenD
They have a reputation as crooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn-core
my shop has done a few, and they all agree that they are worthless crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT-TOP BOB
most likely the worst body and frames ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedog
customer service was non-existant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboy
Run, as fast as you can from that piece of crap. Buddy of mine had one, body never fit right, just a big P.O.S. Ended up selling it for what he had in the motor/trans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhotrodmd
Those kits are the worst of the worst!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django
They remind me of those chinese toys that you could tell what it was supposed to be, but you can't for the life of you figure how they could be so far off from looking like the real thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman
Street Beasts are like that knockoff tupperware from the 99 cent store, it kinda looks like the real thing but you can tell right off it isnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engt53101
Most of their troubles stem from their total lack of business ethics.

StreetRodStuff.com: http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Roundt...bruary/121.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdd
everyone says stay away from streetbeasts! resale is horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepickup
One thing I would suggest is to stay as far away from a Street Beast as I could. If someone here has one, I'm sorry, but they have a terrible resale value and the company's history of customer service has been very unethical. There have been many lawsuits against them.

StreetRodding.com: http://www.streetrodding.com/index.c...Thread/id/3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16buick
Streetbeast cars generally sit horrible, look cheap, and well, whatelse do you need, I would not buy one, I don't like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34ford
34 Fords have beautiful lines, somehow the street beast has managed to totally mess them up. With any quality reproduction body one can use original parts like a frame, grills, fenders, etc. and make a rod that looks like a genuine 34 Ford. You can't do that with a street beast. I would not hesitate to build another glass car, but it would never be a street beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels55
Watch this and other internet sites and you'll see the CMC cars and STREET BEAST cars selling at a lower price compared to OUTLAW, DOWNS, GIBBONS, etc. There is a reason for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu601
The next time you are at a big car show look at a street beast, then find a real 34 there is a world of difference. a Cheap imitation!!!!!!
Also, this thread at StreetRodding.com: http://www.streetrodding.com/index.c...Thread/id/6527

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels55
The general opinion in a nutshell was that while the company produces an inexpensive product, their quality and workmanship is not that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iajonesy
Always remember these things are cheap for a reason. Also just because they look like a certain year and model of car they aren't. No reproduction parts fit them and no origional parts fit them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34ford
Research resale value of the different manufactures of glass bodies and Street Beast is the hands down winner of having the poorest resale value. Serious street rodders look at street beast as a JOKE! That's if they will even take the time to look at one, from a block away you can tell it is a STREET BEAST and not a street rod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsterguy
I've known a couple of guys who have either had one or looked into them - MAJOR grief overall! Problems getting parts, fit problems, you name it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsum34
the resale is bad. I'll have to agree with the other guys.

Looks like some themes are surfacing:
--Aggressive sales tactics.
--Incompetent technical support.
--Lack of parts interchangeability.
--Aesthetically incorrect body design.
--History of fraud.
--Poor resale value.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Lost in the 60's

Wiki Edits: 4

Probably need to add poor PR or poor Opts man to that list also.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I wonder where we can get a bigger data set of Streetbeast resale values. We need an eBay search that includes title and description, for completed listings.
For whatever reason, the eBay search for completed listings only allows you to search auction titles.

The completed listings search requires users to sign in, so this link may or may not work for you:

http://motors.search-completed.ebay....%3D2&sadis=200

That search (for auction titles only) of completed auctions shows one auction for a '34 kit. Part of the description says "we have over $18,000 invested in this car, we are selling it considerably lower than what we paid." The auction ended at $10,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1934-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

--Aggressive sales tactics.
--Incompetent technical support.
--Lack of parts interchangeability.
--Aesthetically incorrect body design.
--History of fraud.
--Poor resale value.
That's pretty much it in a nut shell.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Come on Brian!!!! Where you at ?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Sorry, I had to leave for a minute......

Brian
Old 08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I have a friend who did buy a StreetBeast.
We were not friends when he bought it. He bought someone else's non shipped 34 3W kit. He paid off the remaining outstanding balance due with StreetBeast and had it shipped to his home.

He installed a 350 Chevy with Turbo 350 and a Mustang rear end, front end.
He is very conscious about his craftsmanship so it turned out better than most. He and I became friends just about the time he was having the upholstery done. He had lots of supply issues with his coupe. No fuel tank, back ordered parts and such. He never got all his parts.

After getting it on the road ... he was so disappointed with the reception his coupe got ( no respect ) ... he was heart broken. Compound that with the fact that he and his wife was running and traveling with 3 guys and their wives that had original steel bodied 32 Fords ...

He bought a decent original 32 5W Ford coupe body and then built a nice 32 Ford 5W He sold the Beast for a loss ... at Shades of the Past Rod Run ... one of the biggest rod runs in the South. 17 grand ... I was there ... seen the deal go down. Not here-say.

Now the guy who has it is HAPPY with it ... so he says ...
But he called shortly after buying it and wanted to know where the battery was. He left the ignition on and killed the battery. So he is not really a car guy ( could NOT find a Battery ??? ) ... just a newbie who had 17 grand and now has a StreetBeast.

Last edited by Deuce; 08-09-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
.........He bought someone else's non shipped 32 3W kit.............
I might be wrong but I don't believe StreetBeast, CMC or Fiberfab ever produced a deuce. Lately all there stuff has been 33-34 kinda sorta Fords, a Cobra, and a 41 Willys. As far as fidelity to the real thing is concerned the Cobra and Willys aren't too hateful but the 33-34's are God awful.

Way back (70's time frame) they (Fiberfab and to some extent CMC I think) did MG's, a Ford GT 40 clone (you can still by unfinished kits of this one on e-bay for around $500), an Austin Healey clone and I seem to remember a Porsche clone in there somewhere too. Don't remember any 32's though.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I might be wrong but I don't believe StreetBeast, CMC or Fiberfab ever produced a deuce.

TYPO ... my finger just typed a 2 anytime ... after I type a 3 ...
Force of Habit ...

Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
I have a friend who did buy a StreetBeast... After getting it on the road ... he was so disappointed with the reception his coupe got ( no respect ) ... he was heart broken. Compound that with the fact that he and his wife was running and traveling with 3 guys and their wives that had original steel bodied 32 Fords ...

Now the guy who has it is HAPPY with it ... so he says ...
But he called shortly after buying it and wanted to know where the battery was. He left the ignition on and killed the battery. So he is not really a car guy ( could NOT find a Battery ??? ) ... just a newbie who had 17 grand and now has a StreetBeast.
So who did that guy buy the Street Beasts for? Hisself or other people? It's this attitude that I can't understand. You gotta ask yourself, "Who're you building this for?" If you build a rod for other people's admiration then you clearly are building a car for the wrong reason. Kinda like making the mistake of bodybuilding for a woman's attention. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

I'm glad he sold the car to a guy that would appreciate it. At least, the guy will use the car for what it was intended, to simply have fun.

As I've stated earlier, we won't be selling ours as that's not our intention. Our intention is to build it and enjoy it. I wish other people could see things my way.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Jon,

As you're active here, could you read my PM requesting assistance in helping me to create a Project Journal? When I click on the Project Journals tab at the top of the web page it prompts me to log in and then states incorrect credentials.

HELP PLEASE.

Thanks,

Jay K.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
So who did that guy buy the Street Beasts for? Hisself or other people? It's this attitude that I can't understand. You gotta ask yourself, "Who're you building this for?" If you build a rod for other people's admiration then you clearly are building a car for the wrong reason. Kinda like making the mistake of bodybuilding for a woman's attention. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Everyone ... IMHO enjoys the positive attention they get when they drive their pride and joy to the shows and just around town. He was frustrated with the building process of the Beast. The lack of parts ( not received from StreetBeast Company ) ... and the lack of interchangeability to real 34 Ford style parts ... made things worse. Then the lack of respect the beast received when finished ... was a bitter pill to swallow.

Some folks thought ... it is just a KIT ... glue it together and drive ( so no respect ) and others ... knew it was a beast and did not look anything much like it was supposed to ... gave it no respect. Others openly DISRESPECTED IT. Wait until you get yours on the road ... you will see what I mean

Certain groups in the car hobby ... have more respect for folks who bring back 60 - 70 year old cars back to their former glory ... than for the folks who buy a kit. Others ... have more respect for those who build a fiberglass car from a wide variety of sources. Reproduction body ... on a frame made by someone else and then it looks like a original vehicle was made into a Hot Rod.

I myself, have great respect for those who build a fiberglass car ... and make it look GOOD. It a lot of ways ... it is more difficult to build a Wescott, Gibbons, Outlaw or other brand body ... into a nice car than it is to build a original Ford body

Fit, finish and rubber seals are all a given ... on a original car. Door latches, window regulators ... most anything you do not understand can be found on another original car like the one you are working on. On the popular models, most of the stuff is reproduced. You have a guide of sorts ... on what works and what does not. You also have a better idea of what may or may not be missing. You have a wide variety of parts suppliers. NO SO with a beast ... or the other fiberglass bodies.

JGK95 ... I wish you well with your build. I sincerely hope StreetBeast has improved their cars and their support after the sale. Please document your progress ... the GOOD and the BAD

Deuce.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Lost in the 60's

Wiki Edits: 4

JGK95, I was just reading your thread on your build progress Street Beasts '34 build starts I sincerely hope that StreetBeasts replaces the bad front hub that was in your kit. Keep us informed please.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.