StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 30 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J
This thread seems to be centered around the past, versus the present.

Some people feel Centerline is on a mission to defame the company, yet he was the only one who posted recently, that he could not find any "new" BBB complaints or new suits filed. ( I think it was him ; I just don't want to try to find it right now)

So, I need to ask again; If a company "might" be trying to correct some past issues, and "may" have done so, when do the car sites start giving them some slack??

Since this thread got revived in the last month or so, where are the "new" & "recent" buyers with new complaints? So far, all I have read about that is a hub had 2 bent studs, and I would think that it could have a reasonable explanation.

Just from my view as a complete outsider, I do think quite a few people just don't care for the styling or the fact that it does not have a frame that looks like a typical rod. The "hot rod/streetrod" hobby is pretty much fractured at this point in time with all the different trends.

Where are the new complaintants?
Exactly,

Dirt diggers like Jon and "Extreme Right of Center" seem focused on staying in the past. Yet, these two can't seem to move out of the past.

If that were the case, the famous John Hennessey of the Viper world would've been run outta town years ago tarred and feathered! He's since made good on a lot of deals gone bad and restored his reputation.

The year is 2008, you two historians, please join us in the present day and move forward.

Thanks,

Jay K.

ps. The lugs in the rotor were off by a 1/16th and I will be sending pics to Street Beasts for their review shortly. This rotor is supplied by an outside vendor

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
My thoughts also..I'm not posting this in defense of anyone, there seem to be some "old" issues, and the new. The older issues have been somewhat resolved, the new issues seem to be a matter of opinion as to the quality of a product, some liking the quality, some saying no, overpriced, junk, etc. Personally, I haven't spoke to anyone that has built a kit car or fiberglass car, that didn't have issues or a complaint. Second, these cars aren't for a beginner. With that said, we have an experienced builder here willing to build a car, it would be interesting to document this build in an unbiased way. Or, has this been done? He said, she said could go on for page after page, this argument is getting old. Put up or shut up time for me...
Great call. I agree. Seems to be all based on the past. It would be a great idea for someone to build a car, with an unbiased mind, and report.

So many people pound on companies with a shady past and do not see or care to see the present.

So many post opinions with absolutely no clue on the product itself, except for hearsay or "I do not like the way the 34' looks".

Who gives a rats hairy, little, *** about what someone else thinks, if they do, they need a self check.

Some people are fanatics about certain style, type, steel or fiberglass rods, that they believe all else is crap. That is their thoughts, their beliefs, their way of cars. That is o.k., we all have our opinions.

Jason
Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

If that were the case, the famous John Hennessey of the Viper world would've been run outta town years ago tarred and feathered! He's since made good on a lot of deals gone bad and restored his reputation.

Thanks,

Jay K.
Complete different subject, but where did you get your info? I live about 20 minutes from this place, know employees, and customers. End of the Hennessy subject for me...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 AM

Last photo:

Head over to the ViperAlley. There's plenty of JH to read about and righting his wrongs.

Jay K.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Fair question ... but even more so ... where are it's defenders ???

Past and present owners ??

This might not apply, but has something to do with car owner satisfaction.

I worked at several new car dealerships as a mechanic when I was young. Some fellow workers including myself, would take the attitude that the new cars at that dealership were junk. A manager/owner set us straight one day; He said "you guys only see the cars that developed a problem; you won't see the countless buyers that never had a problem"

Like I said, that may not apply here.

I am just surprised that more recent buyers have not posted here if they had a problem. Maybe they don't want others to know, or maybe they are not having major problems?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Streetbeast folks -- You say that Levin wasn't "found" guilty, and you say that "the article doesn't say anyone pled guilty". Sounds like more spin to me.

Simple question: Did Levin/CMC plead guilty? Yes or no?

Also, I've been hearing some very interesting things about the role of the Florida Better Business Bureau in the Classic Motor Carriages lawsuit.

Anything you'd like to tell us about the involvement of the BBB in this situation?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Simple question: Did Levin/CMC plead guilty? Yes or no?
I cannot answer that question because honestly I just don't know.

Really I don't!

Do you have the judgment or a settlement in front of you?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 AM

Last photo:

Jon,

Simple question... What year is it?

What was the year of that case?

Your hard-on for trying to pin the judgement on StreetBeasts really doesn't bode well for the board's ability to stay impartial. Really, it doesn't.

At 31, I'd think you'd have some ability to feign impartiality.

Jay K.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM

The case is less important than the fact that, today, right now, Streetbeast people are on this site, trying to run a campaign of spin, misinformation, and deception.

Credibility and trust come from honesty. If they wanted the past to be "The Past", then they should be attempting to establish an honest relationship with the online hotrodding community.

Which, of course, they're not.

Still waiting to see if there's anything Grandpa Cobra or StreetbeastOptsMan would like to tell us about the involvement of the Florida BBB.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Credibility and trust come from honesty. If they wanted the past to be "The Past", then they should be attempting to establish an honest relationship with the online hotrodding community.

Which, of course, they're not.
So far so good.

What'd you purchase from them that you require a relationship with them?

Jay K.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

I even had to come back to this thought.

Jon,

What online relationship do you have with the very well appreciated Chip Foose or Joe vendor XYZ? We know they're good guys, but that's mostly second hand word of mouth or Magazine. Does Chip Foose thus owe you (or anyone) a relationship outside of a business transaction? No, not really.

Think about it.

These people have a company that you and I view as a "want." Not a "Need".

We don't live or die if we don't have a street rod in our garages.

What I'm saying is you need to put things in their proper perspective.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:48 AM

JGK95 -- my "purchases" or lack thereof, from Streetbeast, are irrelevant.

They've registered on a forum I run, and spammed a wiki article on another site that I run. Now, they're aggressively trying to mislead and spin our members.

I personally have no desire for a relationship with them. Obviously, they're trying to establish a relationship with this forum, and they're not doing it honestly.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
JGK95 -- my "purchases" or lack thereof, from Streetbeast, are irrelevant.

They've registered on a forum I run, and spammed a wiki article on another site that I run. Now, they're aggressively trying to mislead and spin our members.

I personally have no desire for a relationship with them. Obviously, they're trying to establish a relationship with this forum, and they're not doing it honestly.

No Jon,

You are Wrong! It's apparent you have a beef with this company and thus the negative slant towards them.

Why didn't you come out earlier and say so?

Your remarks that you claim not having a purchase with them is irrelevant is ENTIRELY My Point.

If I sold you product X and gave you post sales follow up. You'd be pleased, naturally. If then some tire kicker comes around, bombards me with barbs, rhetorical questions and insults, should I then treat them the same as I've treated a paying customer in you?

Heck no!! I, you and anyone else would tell them to take a flying *******!

Fair?

TO SUMMARIZE:

YOU and CENTERLINE have it out for Street Beasts having spent no equity with them and will continue to do for the foreseeable future based on SECOND HAND INFORMATION.

Words such as those above really don't hold much weight anymore when you haven't spent a dime to bash someone's livelyhood.

I really hope you pull back and see a different perspective. At least in you I see there's hope. I can't say anything for your counterpart.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Lost in the 60's

Wiki Edits: 4

Has anybody seen Skippy?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 PM

JGK95 -- sorry you feel that way, it's unfortunate.

As a website administrator, I deal constantly with manipulation from company representatives, threat of lawsuits, and misleading spin attempts. I don't think that I need to make a purchase from them to express an opinion about them, or to prevent them from running a deceptive campaign on this website.

I would suspect that none of the newspaper reporters, television shows, or other media outlets that have blown the whistle on StreetBeasts have any financial connection to them.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.