StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 32 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
So what you are saying is you could take a part from each of the other companies and build a complete 34 ford coupe without any modification to insure a correct fit to any of the parts.

I find that hard to believe however I am willing to build a such car and donate the proceeds to charity if you can get each of the other companies to donate a separate piece or pieces of theirs to the cause.

I would also need all the other parts necessary to build a 34 ford

My Cause being the Wounded Warrior project

However should I have to modify any part from any company to make it fit correctly, I would be paid for my time and services by those that insist that the fiberglass from any of the other companies is so perfect and so original that every other companies product is interchangeable with the other companies product.

The car still goes up for auction and I receive nothing from the proceeds the car sells for all money being paid to The Wounded Warriors Project.

Everyone that bets it can be done has to pay me for my time any expenses I incur in the building process and the cost of painting the completed car.

If it can be done all I ask for is the cost of having it painted and the parts to build it. All labor (except for paint and body work necessary to ensure a show quality finish) will be performed by me alone and documented via video and pictures.

Real simple
you get the parts,
give them to me
I build the car,
You also pay for the paint job
if I have to make any modifications to any of the parts you supply from other companies you pay me to build the car
all moneys from the sale of the car go to The Wounded Warrior Project
I kept telling myself I would not get involved in this pissing match. Your request is ridiculous to be honest.

As I have been sitting back and watching this, getting irritated and somewhat amused at all of it, then you post something like this.

You went from posting intelligently, to an outlandish request. Great way to lose respect.

Jason

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Just to clarify, Grandpa Cobra.

We will not have any dealings with StreetBeasts, or anyone who works for them. Ever. Not in the form of any official "build", and not in the form of any involvement with any "charity".

We'll never get into any business relationship with StreetBeasts, and we'll never attach our name to yours.

You guys aren't honest, and we could never, ever trust you.

You're misleading people with the "StreetBeasts bought the molds from CMC" line, and you're not being forthright about the fact that the owner of CMC/StreetBeasts was convicted for fraud, and ordered to pay millions of dollars in restitution. You're also leveraging personal attacks against the numerous media outlets and people who worked to expose you, and to protect other hotrodders from being scammed by you.

In addition, you have a very spotty past, and, obviously, you're behaving in a manner that's extremely consistent with a shady company that's been busted for fraud on a massive scale.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
So what you are saying is you could take a part from each of the other companies and build a complete 34 ford coupe without any modification to insure a correct fit to any of the parts.

I find that hard to believe however I am willing to build a such car and donate the proceeds to charity if you can get each of the other companies to donate a separate piece or pieces of theirs to the cause.

I would also need all the other parts necessary to build a 34 ford

My Cause being the Wounded Warrior project

However should I have to modify any part from any company to make it fit correctly, I would be paid for my time and services by those that insist that the fiberglass from any of the other companies is so perfect and so original that every other companies product is interchangeable with the other companies product.

The car still goes up for auction and I receive nothing from the proceeds the car sells for all money being paid to The Wounded Warriors Project.

Everyone that bets it can be done has to pay me for my time any expenses I incur in the building process and the cost of painting the completed car.

If it can be done all I ask for is the cost of having it painted and the parts to build it. All labor (except for paint and body work necessary to ensure a show quality finish) will be performed by me alone and documented via video and pictures.

Real simple
you get the parts,
give them to me
I build the car,
You also pay for the paint job
if I have to make any modifications to any of the parts you supply from other companies you pay me to build the car
all moneys from the sale of the car go to The Wounded Warrior Project

I was just along for the read but this is to much. Yes YOU CAN BUILD and car using all different manufactures parts except yours. Anybody who has ever built a car knows you will have to modify the parts to get nice fit and finish. On the other hand If I need parts for the car u sell I have to go to you and only you and then those part have to modified to fit the very car it was designed for. I would expect an X-GI to be honest...but then maybe you don't know what it takes to build a rod starting with just frame rails. JMO Tim
Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

That build is a bit of a stretch request, and I thought Center's was bad.

Oh well, back to the contest.
Attached Images

Last edited by 428ho; 08-14-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
.............I'm trying to understand the basic hypocrisy of that argument so could anyone help me out here?
It's kind of comical to hear a representative from Street Beast talk about hypocrisy.

Really its very simple.....

This is a 33 Ford

This is NOT

ENOUGH SAID
Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
It's kind of comical to hear a representative from Street Beast talk about hypocrisy.

This is a 33 Ford

This is NOT

ENOUGH SAID
You really are clueless aren't you?

BOTH are Street Rodz!

How about Chip Foose? I guess his custom designed hot rod isn't a Ford either then?

Like I said.... You're Clueless.

It's guys like you that will be the death of the hobby from the inside out.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:44 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

How about Chip Foose? I guess his custom designed hot rod isn't a Ford either then?
No, it isn't. Certain aspects of his design were inspired by an early Ford, but it certainly isn't one. And it isn't trying to be one.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
You really are clueless aren't you?

BOTH are Street Rodz!

Like I said.... You're Clueless.

It's guys like you that will be the death of the hobby from the inside out.
Not hardly. Its companies like Street Beast that will do that.

Once again you can't make your point without assaulting me personally. If you can't argue the merits of Street Beasts based on the "quality" of the product you purchased then do everyone a favor and stay out of the conversation. Your continued attacks are getting very boring.

Also your comparison putting Chip Foose in the same category as Street Beast is totally apples and oranges. Foose designs one of a kind custom works of art where Street Beast sells mass produced poorly designed kinda sorta if your wearing coke bottle glasses wanna be street rods.

And.... you calling me clueless is a world class oxymoron.

Last edited by Centerline; 08-14-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline

This is a 33 Ford

This is NOT

ENOUGH SAID

Actually that is a 34 Ford or at least as much as a replica as this one is...

or this one is

Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
So what you are saying is you could take a part from each of the other companies and build a complete 34 ford coupe without any modification to insure a correct fit to any of the part?
That is not what I said at all.. I said they are true to original.. But, yes you could take the fenders, decklids, and grille/grilleshell from 1 source ( say even Speedway Motors ) and hook them to the frame/ body of another source like Outlaw, Downs, Bebobs.. Certin parts like doors may not fit from 1 manufacture to another due to chop diffrences, and some companys have lengthened doors, but I'm not sure Street Beast doors are even close to the originals, as I know the Fenders are not.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Just to clarify, Grandpa Cobra.

We will not have any dealings with StreetBeasts, or anyone who works for them. Ever. Not in the form of any official "build", and not in the form of any involvement with any "charity".

We'll never get into any business relationship with StreetBeasts, and we'll never attach our name to yours.

You guys aren't honest, and we could never, ever trust you.

You're misleading people with the "StreetBeasts bought the molds from CMC" line, and you're not being forthright about the fact that the owner of CMC/StreetBeasts was convicted for fraud, and ordered to pay millions of dollars in restitution. You're also leveraging personal attacks against the numerous media outlets and people who worked to expose you, and to protect other hotrodders from being scammed by you.

In addition, you have a very spotty past, and, obviously, you're behaving in a manner that's extremely consistent with a shady company that's been busted for fraud on a massive scale.
Jon you have not proved that anyone was ever busted for massive fraud have already admited that you did know know that for certain and have said that I never said that we bought the molds from CMC.

And I never asked you or your website to furnish a thing, my challenge was to those posters here that are so biased against Street Beasts and their customers that they are willing to insult them and their cars every chance they get.

I figured if they were allowed to makle such a challenge of me then I should be allow to make a similar challenge in return ONLY I WOULD NOT PROFIT A DIME EITHER WAY.

I had every intention of donating every penny paid to me for my work when I proved them wrong to The Wounded Warriors Project , I just wanted to do it after the fact as the icing on the cake of my inevitable victory.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

What is the point of this thread continuing?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

What a bottomless pit this conversation has turned out to be,, like a bunch of kids argueing ,, no body is gonna win guys,, give it up and get on with more important things,,
Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
What a bottomless pit this conversation has turned out to be, like a bunch of kids arguing. Nobody is gonna win, guys. Give it up and get on with more important things.
There already is a winner. It's the people who did a bit of research and then spoke the truth, for the benefit of this company's otherwise-uninformed potential customers.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.