StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 33 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Speaking of research, the relevant court docs are attached. And they make for some very, very interesting reading.

The sentencing and the guilty plea is in the last attachment. Also, see the third file (Streetbeasts_fraud3.pdf) if you want to know how Streetbeasts treated the guy that notified consumers about their fraudulent activities, even when they knew he was dying of cancer. To quote the court document, it's "despicable".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Streetbeasts_fraud1.pdf (163.8 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf Streetbeasts_fraud2.pdf (277.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf Streetbeasts_fraud3.pdf (329.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: pdf Streetbeasts_fraud4.pdf (247.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf Streetbeasts_fraud5.pdf (258.3 KB, 104 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I had my hands on some of those docs about 10 years ago but a hard drive crash destroyed them. Not long after they were removed from the Florida Attorney General's web site. I'm VERY GLAD YOU FOUND THEM AND MADE THEM PUBLIC. Those who read these documents will find it interesting that Street Beast is mentioned prominently in some of them.

THIS SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING THE PURCHASE OF A STREET BEAST.

Last edited by Centerline; 08-14-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hummmm!!!.......So..........I want to build a Street Rod.........Hummmmmm!!!.....Let's see........Starting with the Chassis.......Hummmmm!!!!..........

Roadster Shop, TCI, SAC..........Hummmmmm!!!!

Or Street Beast.........Hummmm!!!

Roadster Shop..........

Or Street Beast........Hummmmmm!!!!

Let's "See"..........I'm gonna put a Lot of Effort into this......Hummmmm!!!

Which has the edge in Quality and is the Better Investment...........Hummmmmmm!!!!

Ken
Old 08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

WOW!!!

I guess there will be no further comments from these guys, or maybe they will show back up.

Maybe they should stop defending Street Beast, and start proving they are on a straight track.

Jason
Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I had my hands on some of those docs about 10 years ago but a hard drive crash destroyed them. Not long after they were removed from the Florida Attorney General's web site. I'm VERY GLAD YOU FOUND THEM AND MADE THEM PUBLIC. Those who read these documents will find it interesting that Street Beast is mentioned prominently in some of them.

THIS SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING THE PURCHASE OF A STREET BEAST.

Again, You have no FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH STREET BEASTS.

You run your mouth screaming THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING, but all it ever was, was a rain drop!

Hey Chicken Little put your hands on the kit and then maybe you'll be qualified to comment about Street Beasts.

As a supposed Moderator your incredible bias against Street Beasts is not becoming of you. If you had any practical contact with its product or the company, you MIGHT then be qualified to comment.

Good Day Sir!

Jay K.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

This whole thing reminds me of buying into Amway. No matter when it was, or who schmoozed you into signing up, it was a scam then and is a scam now!

Like i've heard before, "the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.".

Mark
Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

You run your mouth screaming THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING, but all it ever was, was a rain drop!

Hey Chicken Little put your hands on the kit and then maybe you'll be qualified to comment about Street Beasts.

As a supposed Moderator your incredible bias against Street Beasts is not becoming of you. If you had any practical contact with its product or the company, you MIGHT then be qualified to comment.

Good Day Sir!

Jay K.
Once again you're resorting to name calling when the truth is that you lack the ability to intelligently debate the issue. Someone who is experienced in the hobby does not need to purchase a POS to know that it IS a POS. A novice on the other hand will buy a POS and swear its a diamond in the rough.

This is your last warning. Do NOT continue with personal attacks or I will suspend your posting privileges.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

Good Day Sir!

Jay K.

I've had enough first hand contact with several street beast cars to still maintain that they are of sub standard quality, even when you compare them to the other offerings on the market, past or present. The last one I worked on was only a year or so old, and was being built by a 78 year old guy,(ex professional mechanic, not a guy with no mechanical aptitude)and he was having a ton of trouble.

I own a shop building and working on street rods, and I have over 23 years working with fiberglass car bodies. 13 years of that time was spent working for a fiberglass body manufacturer, and among other things, I was building bodies, doing tooling and mold making, designing hardware installations and production fixturing, designing reinforcements and assembly procedures manning vendor booths at the nats , ( that was the fun part of my job,) and answering tech questions.... many of the same things that Granpa Cobra does, only I did it for a company that built bodies that used readily available parts from the other replica manufacturers. ( not many of the people here knows why you have to fit hoods, fenders, etc on those cars built before 1935 or so, no matter who the manufacturer was..)

. I am fully qualified to make a judgement about anyones product. I don't have to buy one to find out they are not as advertised.

You bought your car, you can defend your decision all you want. I understand that. BUT! I am seeing your once calm and cool ond objective demeanor turn into schoolyard taunts and name calling. Your credibility is growing less and less with every post you make towards Centerline. Just reading how you tried to fix the wheel stud issue and problems you had finding "roller wheels" tells me straight away you don't have all that much experience either. You certainly don't have much experience with your streetbeast car, you barely pulled it out of the box.

So tell me, what kind of judge does that make you?

Just saying what I see.

Later,
Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Once again you're resorting to name calling when the truth is that you lack the ability to intelligently debate the issue. Someone who is experienced in the hobby does not need to purchase a POS to know that it IS a POS. A novice on the other hand will buy a POS and swear its a diamond in the rough.

This is your last warning. Do NOT continue with personal attacks or I will suspend your posting privileges.
Wow, this post blows my mind. You personally attacked the product, the company that produces it and JGK95 by calling it a POS.
You sir are out of line in a major way and in my opinion have no business being a moderator on this forum.
You hate the product. We get it. You can suspend posting privileges. We get it.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Speaking of research, the relevant court docs are attached. And they make for some very, very interesting reading.

The sentencing and the guilty plea is in the last attachment. Also, see the third file (Streetbeasts_fraud3.pdf) if you want to know how Streetbeasts treated the guy that notified consumers about their fraudulent activities, even when they knew he was dying of cancer. To quote the court document, it's "despicable".
Just another case of you attempting to lead in into a lie so you could expose me, Jon/

You had that information all along am were just waiting to spring it on me.

All you have proved is that after five years of paying back to Customers over 2.5 million dollars in restitution George Levin paid in fines the cost of a single car.

I never said that George Levin never paid resititution to CMC's customers in fact I said that was the whole purpose of Auto Resolution.

"Resolution" get it?

My whole point from the beginning is that you will never allow CMC's side to be heard unless you can use it to further damage the reputation of the company and the products.

You do this by attempting to lead anyone from street beast into lies that you can quickly expose.

You do this by allowing your moderators to badger any one that has a street Beast car or to insult the cars they have built.

You do this by allowing bets by which the outcome is already assured and biased and the person making the bet is sure to profit from it.

In a fair and unbiased forum this thread would have been locked and deleted and those involved would have been told were they to repeat their actions they would be banned from ever posting here again.

You chose instead to allow this thread to become as ugly as you can make it with the sole purpose of discrediting me or anyone else that bought from Street Beasts

What next Jon going back and edit my posts to make them say whatever you want?

I've had that done before.

Jay was so impressed with my sincerity and knowledge on our product he invited me here to this forum so that I could assist other street beast customers as well with their cars.

Instead of doing that I find myself unable to give out my street beast e-mail address to those customers that do not know me since that would be advertising unable to give out my phone number at street beast DITTO,

And I have the administrator and moderators of this forum going out of their ways to make me out to be a liar, a fraud, and attempting to dig up personal information on me so that they can pass it on to whoever is feeding them the CMC information.

Despite all you have said I feel that George Levin did right by his customers when you look at how the complaints against CMC were artificially generated through a vicious campaign design to put that company out of business and more importantly to ensure those customers that wanted their parts and still wanted their cars never got them so that those other kit car companies that were primed and ready to buy up all of CMC's assets could supply them with both!

You know what you have been told,

but you don't even know half the story and not do you want to.

Last edited by Grandpa Cobra; 08-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 AM

Last photo:

That's because they don't like the product. Period. They could give a flying flip about future customers and what they get stuck with. They don't like the product. Period.
You're wasting your breath, especially when dealing with rude moderators. It looks like there's more than one on this site. They hate the product and nothing you say or do is going to change that.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 AM

Last photo:

By the way to all those "but its not original" protesters.....

Just how hard do you think it would be for Street Beast to acquire all those original style fiberglass parts and bodies, make molds and sell them......

There was a great butt puckering in the street rod industry when it was announced that CMC were going to build a 34 coupe because the market was deathly afraid we were going to do just that.

And we did have the parts and to molds to do that if we wanted to, we even had the jigs and materials to produce an original 34 frame as well.

That too is part of the reason Curt Scott went after CMC.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I personally have thought this thread had gotten WAY out of hand, but after reading the lengthy diatribe by GC in post # 490 I will be checking back as often as I can today to read the latest response to the never ending spin campaign by representatives of SB.

Assemble the facts, from the people in the know, and present them to prove your case. You can't, and now you are in the awkward position that you can't leave. A catch 22.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
Just another case of you attempting to lead in into a lie so you could expose me, Jon/

You had that information all along am were just waiting to spring it on me.

All you have proved is that after five years of paying back to Customers over 2.5 million dollars in restitution George Levin paid in fines the cost of a single car.

I never said that George Levin never paid resititution to CMC's customers in fact I said that was the whole purpose of Auto Resolution.

"Resolution" get it?

My whole point from the beginning is that you will never allow CMC's side to be heard unless you can use it to further damage the reputation of the company and the products.

You do this by attempting to lead anyone from street beast into lies that you can quickly expose.

You do this by allowing your moderators to badger any one that has a street Beast car or to insult the cars they have built.

You do this by allowing bets by which the outcome is already assured and biased and the person making the bet is sure to profit from it.

In a fair and unbiased forum this thread would have been locked and deleted and those involved would have been told were they to repeat their actions they would be banned from ever posting here again.

You chose instead to allow this thread to become as ugly as you can make it with the sole purpose of discrediting me or anyone else that bought from Street Beasts

What next Jon going back and edit my posts to make them say whatever you want?

I've had that done before.

Jay was so impressed with my sincerity and knowledge on our product he invited me here to this forum so that I could assist other street beast customers as well with their cars.

Instead of doing that I find myself unable to give out my street beast e-mail address to those customers that do not know me since that would be advertising unable to give out my phone number at street beast DITTO,

And I have the administrator and moderators of this forum going out of their ways to make me out to be a liar, a fraud, and attempting to dig up personal information on me so that they can pass it on to whoever is feeding them the CMC information.

Despite all you have said I feel that George Levin did right by his customers when you look at how the complaints against CMC were artificially generated through a vicious campaign design to put that company out of business and more importantly to ensure those customers that wanted their parts and still wanted their cars never got them so that those other kit car companies that were primed and ready to buy up all of CMC's assets could supply them with both!

You know what you have been told,

but you don't even know half the story and not do you want to.
Quite a diatribe I must say.

My question to you is exactly when did this thread become all about you??? Oh, wait... I understand. You post half truths and spin the facts to make Street Beast look like an innocent bystander in all this and a couple of us call you on it and all of a sudden this forum is not fair.

Despite all the spin the facts are the facts and they are spelled out very clearly in the court documents Jon posted for all to see. They can't be disputed and frankly any attempt to spin them is ludicrous. Only a fool would think they could take the ruling of a court of law and try to sugar coat it, spin it to something its not and expect intelligent people to believe it. I think that's what bugs you the most. The fact that the majority of people on this site and who will read the Wiki and this thread are smart enough to look at all the lies and spin, read the court documents and come to the same conclusion most of the rest of us have.

Just like your buddy you are digging the hole ever deeper and deeper. If I were you I would have cut my losses several pages ago. You say that you are unable to give out your e-mail address to people who might be interested. This is yet another lie. You have been told that you can put that information in your user profile and direct the one or two people that might be interested there.

Just so you will know, I talked to Jon and the other moderators about editing out all the BS posts in this thread several pages ago. The collective decision was to let this thread go. It is what it is I think was the determination and frankly Jon and the other mods were right. Let anyone go long enough and they will hang themselves. You have done just that by making this all about you and not StreetBeast.

Perhaps the most revealing part of your entire post is this:
Quote:
By trying to accuse Jon of treachery, you have exposed yourself and StreetBeast. Just read what you said. We lead you into lies that we can expose???? Its the FACTS that have been exposed. Facts that Street Beast has been trying to keep from the public for years. Like I said before, the secret is out now and hopefully, and for the good of the hobby, new people will now have the tools to make an educated decision when choosing a project. All the spin in the world can't change that now.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
I personally have thought this thread had gotten WAY out of hand, but after reading the lengthy diatribe by GC in post # 490 I will be checking back as often as I can today to read the latest response to the never ending spin campaign by representatives of SB.

Assemble the facts, from the people in the know, and present them to prove your case. You can't, and now you are in the awkward position that you can't leave. A catch 22.

I agree.

I had originally thought that Grandpa Cobra was on the up and up, but my first impression was wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I now see that he is only here to spin the facts, and make an attempt to promote the company he works for. I can understand his position, as you shouldn't badmouth the place that you draw a paycheck from. Still, I can't take his word for anything anymore though. He can't even understand that he can't post contact info for the company he works for, which has been a longtime rule here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
"Lead them into lies"?... It looks like they've been easily led. In fact, I think they know the way by heart.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.