StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 35 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
NEW INTERIORS - I can't see the pic.
I can't see the pic either.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2008, 01:32 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I can't see it either.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Me neither!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

How about now !!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I wish I could find my pictures of the right quarter I had to cut off and replace. It was flared out, badly. It ended up not being a difficult repair, but sure was a pain in the wooohooo.

I expected them to give me crap about having to replace it, but I will give it to them, they sent me a left and right quarter, even received it in 3 days. Only needed the right.

On several occasions, I had some nasty words with them, one in particular and guy named Ben. I normally do not remember names, but he really had me pissed off a few times. Ended up dealing with someone else, and things were straightened out. (These words were about other things: door hinges - sucked, did not align, ended up making my own, even with their replacements they sent me; decklid - warped, absolutely no way to align that bad boy, they sent me a new one, after yelling & cussing; let's see, oh, I stupidly paid an extra amount of money to have the body partially prepped for paint, take a look to see all of the filler from one end to the next, another part of the project that ended up good, but not because of them).

I did not have to put the floor in, that was done, nice job of it too. They did slip me some extras, although minor and no big deal, power windows installed, an interior kit that looked like crap and no way in heck it would go in anything I own.

I had good and bad experiences, but overall, I feel o.k. with all of it now, I have a car that runs like a raped ape, people seem to really take to it, its a blast to drive, a pain to load/unload on a trailer (too low, but I love it anyway), always puts a smile on my face - even when it is being like a temper-mental woman...

That is my take. I do not worry about the past so much, always looking out for the future. If someone does not like the car, not my problem. I will state, people ask if it is a Street Beast, and even when they find out it is, they really complement it, and its quality - not just saying that either.

Sorry for the rambling, its really raining like crazy now... I think this is better than playing in the rain.

Jason
Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

They must talk to everyone that way.I was trying to get a MSO for my car,And I called to ask about my MSO.Talked to ''MR MARTY'' and tech support.And asked him If I had to do anything,And he said: All I had to do is just stand there and look stupid.Even I can do that!!! That's what he told me on the phone. I do thank them with helping me out with the MSO,But if I could have reached though that phone I would have.... Never mine!!!!But I did make a promise that one day I will take my family on a little vacation to FL.And will make a little stop in to get to know ''MR MARTY'' a little better.If you know what I mean.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 PM

Last photo:

My eye's are shot!!!!! The End ?..............uh, I don't think so.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
My eye's are shot!!!!! The End ?..............uh, I don't think so.
I know the feeling. I read the first 33 pages word for word.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Henry,

For the Love of God, please write in paragraph form! I read a brick back there of text!

THE FIX:

Mike S. aka Grandpa Cobra recommended the following:
1. Remove the wheel.
2. Take a wide 1/2 washer and a wheel nut flipped upside down and use a socket wrench to tighten the wheel nut until the wheel nut and washer are flush to the hub/rotor. Doing this should properly align the lug within the hub.
3. Remove both inverted wheel nut and washer and attempt to remount the wheel once both lugs have been realigned.
4. Once the wheel is remounted all is good.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics at this moment of the hub, but upon close up inspection, (of which pictures will be posted) the hub appears to be safe and normal. If the lugs within the hub were even at a 15 degree angle, of course I'd be upset. But these were barely out of alignment and prevented me initially from mounting the wheel.

I do hope this helps those who are following my build.

Jay K.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

For the Love of God, please write in paragraph form! I read a brick back there of text!

Jay K.
I know what you meen. It is difficult to keep track of where you are at while scrolling down through the posts.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

JKG95...anyone with any amount of proper automotive knowledge KNOWS that you push the stud in from the rear of the hub, not pull it in from the front....DUH!!!!!

I can go into a real lengthy explanation of WHY, but suffice to say that if you were advised to pull a crooked stud straight with a lugnut, you were dealing with someone who DOES NOT KNOW how to do it right.

That's all I got to say about that.

Let it roll...

Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Mikey,

As someone who's never dealt with hubs that contain lugs, (I only have experience with Modern cars) you have to understand this is all new to me. Trust me, I was frustrated when I didn't see a modern rotors and disk brakes but soon learned that this was the way things were done in the past. Well, I'm up for the challenge.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Henry,

THE FIX:

Mike S. aka Grandpa Cobra recommended the following:
1. Remove the wheel.
2. Take a wide 1/2 washer and a wheel nut flipped upside down and use a socket wrench to tighten the wheel nut until the wheel nut and washer are flush to the hub/rotor. Doing this should properly align the lug within the hub.
3. Remove both inverted wheel nut and washer and attempt to remount the wheel once both lugs have been realigned.
4. Once the wheel is remounted all is good.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics at this moment of the hub, but upon close up inspection, (of which pictures will be posted) the hub appears to be safe and normal. If the lugs within the hub were even at a 15 degree angle, of course I'd be upset. But these were barely out of alignment and prevented me initially from mounting the wheel.

I do hope this helps those who are following my build.

Jay K.
Jay what he told you is the proper way to bottom out the studs if they are not pressed in all the way. To use that proceedure to re-align studs is a bad thing because in actuallity you are racking the stud in the hole and that distorts the hole...in essence making it a little out of round...this little bit of extra hole can cause the stud to rock and cause your wheel to loosen up or worse come off. I was a ASE Tech for over 38 years and I have been a hot rodder longer than that. It may not ever happen , but it is a possibility. Please do not use that hub.Please do not take a chance and run that hub. Sorry but I just never did like paragraphs. I can understand now why the Streetbeast guys did not want to publicly tell what they told you to do about the hub.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Mikey,

As someone who's never dealt with hubs that contain lugs, (I only have experience with Modern cars) you have to understand this is all new to me. Trust me, I was frustrated when I didn't see a modern rotors and disk brakes but soon learned that this was the way things were done in the past. Well, I'm up for the challenge.
Modern cars have hubs with lugs too. You should be frustrated with how Streetbeasts is handleing this...they are not being straight with you. They should have replaced the hub no questions asked. Very poor customer service and we already know from the way they conducted thierselves in this thread...very poor public relations.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:15 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I have a TCI Stage 3 chassis - which means that I spent way too much on a lot of useless chrome and stainless pieces. But with that said, TCI shipped these fancy shiny pieces packed improperly so many got some very significant gouges and scratches. They grumbled a bit - but everything - that is both sides worth of front suspension and calipers were replaced with new - with all cost at their expense. Probably $1500 worth.

I would expect that a company as "big" as the Street Beast orgainization says they are, should be able to afford a $50 (or less) hub

Dave W

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.