StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 36 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Mikey,

As someone who's never dealt with hubs that contain lugs, (I only have experience with Modern cars) you have to understand this is all new to me. Trust me, I was frustrated when I didn't see a modern rotors and disk brakes but soon learned that this was the way things were done in the past. Well, I'm up for the challenge.
It is not your inexperience that worries me, it is the response that you got from someone who is supposed to be an authority on the stuff they sell. It is a good thing that you have access to experienced people here on the board that will give you unbiased , correct information.

Later, mikey

Advertisement

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Jay.........You have to take the position you have because you already have the Beast........Nobody wants to give you a Hard time......It's just that the "End" result of your Time and Money would have been better spent on a conventional Body/Chassis combination.......That's all........"We have BEEN there and DONE That".........We are just trying to be Helpful....

Ken
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Jay... its really too bad that all this mess had to come up simply because you and your dad wanted to build a hot rod together,, kinda throws a shadow on the whole idea, doesn't it? this build would have been a experience you could cherish forever, but now you will have bad memories , because a lot of people have made it their business to inform you about what a POS[ THEY BELIEVE] you decided to purchase. even tho they have NEVER built this car themselves, just self described experts in building cars,
I hope your dad and you can put all this behind you and have the fun building your car the way YOU see fit, and enjoy your time together, thats more Important than building something that everyone else deems acceptable, To Me thats more important than what you build, He won't be around forever, so enjoy the time he is with you,,, this whole mess leaves a bad taste in my mouth,, I can just imagine how you and your dad are feeling have fun

Last edited by Bad Rat; 08-17-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
...a lot of people have made it their business to inform you about what a POS[ THEY BELIEVE] you decided to purchase. even tho they have NEVER built this car themselves, just self described experts in building cars,

Not everyone here with an opinion about those sub standard, Streetbeast kits fits that description. I've seen them, worked on them and and you don't have to buy and build an entire kit to know what the real score is. There are several others here who have first hand experience with those kits.

One of the Streetbeast cars I worked on had silicone caulk covering up piss poor welds on the frame....Specifically, the welds that held the front crossmember to the frame rails..I shoved an awl through the silicone, right under the weld bead...it was not even touching the adjacent rail. My customer, who bought the car already done, had no idea ..

Is the evaluation of a structural weld that has minimal penetration and not even fully joining the two peices together something that is subject to BELIEF?

Do I have to buy one of those kits to see and evaluate that to say that the quality is poor?

I don't think so.

JKG95 should not have his hopes of building a functional safe car smashed all to flivvers....BUT he NEEDS to be aware that there are things on his car he will need to pay attention to in order to make it like that..

Or should everyone just say "have fun, buddy". "Good luck with your build, guy".

If people did not share what they know, there would be NO Hotrodders bulletin board.

JKG95 can sift through the things he has heard, and read and make up his own mind about what he pays attention to during his build.

Later, mikey

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
Not everyone here with an opinion about those sub standard, Streetbeast kits fits that description. I've seen them, worked on them and and you don't have to buy and build an entire kit to know what the real score is. There are several others here who have first hand experience with those kits.

One of the Streetbeast cars I worked on had silicone caulk covering up piss poor welds on the frame....Specifically, the welds that held the front crossmember to the frame rails..I shoved an awl through the silicone, right under the weld bead...it was not even touching the adjacent rail. My customer, who bought the car already done, had no idea ..

Is the evaluation of a structural weld that has minimal penetration and not even fully joining the two peices together something that is subject to BELIEF?

Do I have to buy one of those kits to see and evaluate that to say that the quality is poor?

I don't think so.

JKG95 should not have his hopes of building a functional safe car smashed all to flivvers....BUT he NEEDS to be aware that there are things on his car he will need to pay attention to in order to make it like that..

Or should everyone just say "have fun, buddy". "Good luck with your build, guy".

If people did not share what they know, there would be NO Hotrodders bulletin board.

JKG95 can sift through the things he has heard, and read and make up his own mind about what he pays attention to during his build.

Later, mikey
Oh!!! I'm POSITIVE he is well informed as to the Quality of the kit he bought.. everyone has made that clear,and I think he will be on the lookout for problems and do what needs to be done,
I never said that Street Beasts were not Poor quality,, I have experance building cars also, at least 50 + years , and I too have worked on streetbeasts, and YES they do require some skill to make work,, but what I am saying is ,, Jay has ALREADY bought the kit,, and he HAS way more than been advised to the quality of what he bought,
So all I am saying is Give the guy a break, and let him build his car with his dad for christ sake,
remember the old saying?? experance is the best teacher?? by the time they finish this SB car,, they BOTH will be experts,
Oh!!!! unless you guys can talk Street Beasts into taking back the car and giving him his money back.. and maybe then he can buy another kit that isn't much better,
end of conversation from me.

EDIT the Rats Glass car in My avator is probably in the same catagory as a street beast, [in MY opinion]very poor glass work,, their gel coat is primer in places, the side windows are not even close to being the same size or shape,, all large areas have flat spots,,

Last edited by Bad Rat; 08-17-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Oh!!! I'm POSITIVE he is well informed as to the Quality of the kit he bought.. everyone has made that clear,and I think he will be on the lookout for problems and do what needs to be done,
I never said that Street Beasts were not Poor quality,, I have experance building cars also, at least 50 + years , and I too have worked on streetbeasts, and YES they do require some skill to make work,, but what I am saying is ,, Jay has ALREADY bought the kit,, and he HAS way more than been advised to the quality of what he bought,
So all I am saying is Give the guy a break, and let him build his car with his dad for christ sake,
remember the old saying?? experance is the best teacher?? by the time they finish this SB car,, they BOTH will be experts,
Oh!!!! unless you guys can talk Street Beasts into taking back the car and giving him his money back.. and maybe then he can buy another kit that isn't much better,
end of conversation from me.

JKG95 has been given a break. He is still here even after the name calling and posts that were disrespectful towards certain individuals who did not share the same opinion as him about his purchase.

He has, and will continue to be given advice on how to deal with the problems he will encounter....that is, if he chooses to take advantage of the board.

Isn't that a good thing?

Should he learn everything the hard way? Possibly at the expense of the safety of others?

Later, mikey

Old 08-17-2008, 01:55 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
JKG95 has been given a break. He is still here even after the name calling and posts that were disrespectful towards certain individuals who did not share the same opinion as him about his purchase.

He has, and will continue to be given advice on how to deal with the problems he will encounter....that is, if he chooses to take advantage of the board.

Isn't that a good thing?

Should he learn everything the hard way? Possibly at the expense of the safety of others?

Later, mikey
Very well said. I also have respect for JON, and all of the moderators on this site, to let this thread continue. Who knows, I could have to work on one of these in the future, and the information available is invaluable to me.

Stephen
Old 08-17-2008, 03:10 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
...........Jay has ALREADY bought the kit,, and he HAS way more than been advised to the quality of what he bought,
So all I am saying is Give the guy a break, and let him build his car with his dad for christ sake.........
We have done that. Jay has a separate thread on his build. In that thread he has received nothing but help and expert advice from our members as well as good wishes for a successful build.

This thread on the other hand is NOT ABOUT JAY AND HIS PURCHASE. It is about helping to educate the novice about Street Beast, the company, and their history of deceptive practices and poor quality. Jay has chosen to post in this thread and to his credit has tried to defend the company the best he could...... but make no mistake, although we all wish Jay luck with his build and are all here to help him, the purpose of THIS thread is to expose Street Beast for what it is, not necessarily to help someone who has already made a Street Beast purchase.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
This thread on the other hand is NOT ABOUT JAY AND HIS PURCHASE. It is about helping to educate the novice about Street Beast, the company, and their history of deceptive practices and poor quality. ...the purpose of THIS thread is to expose Street Beast for what it is, not necessarily to help someone who has already made a Street Beast purchase.

"Yes, but how many times or webpages does it take to beat a dead horse?"

Centerline,

I don't require a diatribe of a response as the question is largely rhetorical.

However, A simple number will do.

Jay K.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Actually...we have no control over how long a thread becomes. We could lock the thread, but that would not be the right thing to do as somebody else might want to say something. We could delete the thread, but where would our freedom of speech be? Personally...I think this thread would have been a lot shorter if the folks at Streetbeast would have used the chance to do some good PR here...but they chose not to do that in my opinion. It was a terrific opportunity but they blew it.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
"Yes, but how many times or webpages does it take to beat a dead horse?"

Centerline,

I don't require a diatribe of a response as the question is largely rhetorical.

However, A simple number will do.

Jay K.
The debate could continue until everyone agrees.

Isn't that the whole point of any argument? To get those with opposing viewpoints to agree?

You bought your car, even though you had knowledge of it's shortcomings. (remember, back on post 70-something, of this thread you said you did your homework?)
But this discussion can continue as a warning to those who will not limit themselves to just one choice, as you have.

The management of street beast has given us an opportunity to get a really good look at what's going on with the company. Had this thread been locked, none of that would have come to light.

Last month, this thread was discussed in the mods forum, and a lock was suggested. Jon said it was to stay open, to let the new members,(management of SB),some more light in on the subject, and once again, his foresight proved to be excellent.

( I have noticed that since some of SBoptsman and Grandpa Cobra's half truths and spins have been exposed, they have not been here.....hmmmm )

You still have a choice, if you don't like this discussion, then don't read it. Personally, I find it very enlightening.

Later, mikey

Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
The debate could continue until everyone agrees.

Later, mikey

That's something like my boss used to tell me when I was still a working stiff - "The beatings will continue until the morale improves"

Dave W
Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Highrise
It just seems to me that the Streetbeasts reps ( Optsman abd Grandpa Cobra) have missed a golden opportunity here to set things straight and help their companys reputation, instead thier spin has done nothing but hurt their company. The main thing in my mind is JGK95's recent purchase of a Streetbeast kit. He recieved the kit and has found that he has a defective hub. Streetbeasts could have used this forum to show the world how good their customer service was by replacing this hub no questions asked...but they did not. Instead Optsman say they will take care of it and then GrandapaCobra tells us that he has talked to JGK95 by phone and has told him something to try, but does not tell us what that was.. JGK95 tells us that he has taken a Dremel tool and enlarged the bolt holes in his wheels so he can get the wheel on the hub...and then says that he is going to over torque the lug nuts in an attempt to re-align the lug studs in the hub. Folks...if the wheel will not go on the hub without enlargeing the holes in the wheel something is wrong...either bent studs or the studs were pressed in the hub crooked or the hub holes were drilled crooked. An attempt to pull them into alignment by over tightening the lug nuts is really unaccepable because if it works you have either bent the studs into alignment or you have pulled the studs straight in the holes in the hub therefore distorting them. This it might work theory is not good at 75 mph when a wheel gets loose or even worse comes off. You can trick a lot of things on a car but you should not try to trick anything that has safety involved. Grandpa Cobra says that its not Streetbeasts fault because they did not make the hub ...that they buy them from a supplier. Well it is thier fault too because the hub was furnished in their kit. The hub should be replaced no questions asked and then Streetbeast can go to the supplier for re-embursement. If I was JGK95 I would expect a new replacement hub from Streetbeast and if they would not send me one I would go buy a new one from another source. So far niether one of the two guys from Streetbeasts have posted anything on this forum saying what they are going to do about this issue and JGK95 has not told us what they have told him either. So there it is...you can see the oportunity missed here to show all of us looking in how reputable etc. Streetbeast is and how they are trying to build a good image to the Hotrod world. Instead all we see is spin and deception. JGK95...I wish you the very best with your build.

Ive spoke to jay last week on this and so has Mike, its all been handled
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Lost in the 60's

Wiki Edits: 4

About the hub situation.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
Ive spoke to jay last week on this and so has Mike, its all been handled
So...What is the matter? Why don't you want to tell us and show the world how you are handleing this? It sure seems like a good chance at some good PR for your company.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

Hi StreetbeastOptsMan.

Still waiting for an apology over your spineless attempt to threaten the free speech of one of this board's moderators, and bring him financial ruin. I can see that it's the exact same tactic that Streetbeast used against the consumer activist who dared to warn people about how you guys defrauded so many customers. As the court docs said, it's "despicable".

In addition, we never got an explanation for Streetbeasts's blatant attempt to conceal their conviction for fraud.

----

One of the advantages that JGK95 will have is that, because of the extremely public nature of this thread, it's now in Streetbeast's best interest to treat him not like a sucker whom they should defraud for more money, but like an actual human being.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.