StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 37 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Boy!!!! this is just like a good fishing hole!!!! It just make's you keep coming back for more!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
Ive spoke to jay last week on this and so has Mike, its all been handled
How??? By telling him to torque a nut and washer down tight enough to bring the offending lug(s) into alignment?? Not only will that serve to elongate the hole in the hub but it will stretch the lug and weaken it. So.... if Jay follows Street Beast's el-cheapo method one of these days he could be cruising down the road and have a lug or lugs break which could easily cause a rim to separate from the car, possibly at speed.

The good news is that Street Beast's solution to this problem has now been documented, and if something like that happens Jay's lawyers will have plenty of undisputed evidence that Street Beast told him to use an unsafe procedure to correct a simple defect in their kit.

Way to go!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:33 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Centerline,

I think we're putting the cart before the horse here. Nobody's suing anybody.

No need.

If in fact if the solution is to swap it out once we get the opportunity to look at it, we will. I did mention earlier that pictures of the rotor will be posted.

Please be patient and Thank you for the concern.

Jay K.

Last edited by JGK95; 08-19-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Jay K This is all about customer service. Streatbeast had the opportunity to redeem themselves, and have not shown themselves to correctly take care of the situation at hand. Instead they instructed you to use a "washer and inverted nut" to attempt a proper repair. The proper repair would have been to send you a replacement, at no questions asked.

Quote:
Ive spoke to jay last week on this and so has Mike, its all been handled
In my book this would be like buying a big screen TV from Sears, and having a problem with the battery cover on the remote. Do you think they would instruct you to use "super glue" to keep it attached? No they would replace it with a new one.

Just My Opinion;

Stephen
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 PM

34 ford s/b

again phat with more comments, bayliner is one of the biggest boat mfg anywhere, and ive sold every streetbeast ive ever owned and made money
Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR PANELS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodder2808
again phat with more comments, bayliner is one of the biggest boat mfg anywhere, and ive sold every streetbeast ive ever owned and made money
????????
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 AM

Last photo:

Hey "Streetrodder" ...with 1 post, whoever you may be....what in the hell does that mean??? Bayliner?? ..... kind of the Streetbeasts of the boating world. And oh yea, me too, I ALWAYS sell all my Streetbeast cars for Sooooo MUCH MORE than I have in them, what a crock of sh--!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
Hey "Streetrodder" ...with 1 post, whoever you may be....what in the hell does that mean??? Bayliner?? ..... kind of the Streetbeasts of the boating world. And oh yea, me too, I ALWAYS sell all my Streetbeast cars for Sooooo MUCH MORE than I have in them, what a crock of sh--!!!!
Maybe someone ought to (1) check his IP to see if it's another SB rep, or, (2) see what is really in that pop bottle
Old 08-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Maybe someone ought to (1) check his IP to see if it's another SB rep, or, (2) see what is really in that pop bottle
He's actually in Canada, but I sure don't know what he's been smokin.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
He's actually in Canada, but I sure don't know what he's been smokin.

What is wrong with people ...he listed him self from Indiana but is actually from Canada...and is speaking in gibberish. jeez some people need to get a life. I am not sure what a bayliner is but i know it has nothing to do with this thread. I am with you on this Centerline......it sure not tobacco he been tootin. Tim

Last edited by lets cut it up; 08-20-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: wrote wrong info...loosing my mind I think
Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
Jay K This is all about customer service. Streatbeast had the opportunity to redeem themselves, and have not shown themselves to correctly take care of the situation at hand. Instead they instructed you to use a "washer and inverted nut" to attempt a proper repair. The proper repair would have been to send you a replacement, at no questions asked.

In my book this would be like buying a big screen TV from Sears, and having a problem with the battery cover on the remote. Do you think they would instruct you to use "super glue" to keep it attached? No they would replace it with a new one.

Just My Opinion;

Stephen
What part of that "We will replace repair or do whatevers neccessary to fix Jays problem, " Dont you understand? I find with this thread that you keep asking questions, you get answers, but keep rehashing the same ole stuff on and on and on
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets cut it up
What is wrong with people ...he listed him self from Utah but is actually from Canada...and is speaking in gibberish. jeez some people need to get a life. I am not sure what a bayliner is but i know it has nothing to do with this thread. I am with you on this Centerline......it sure not tobacco he been tootin. Tim
The Bayliner reference was made earlier in this thread as a put down of Street Beast, albeit a poor attempt.
Bayliner builds good boats, but they are entry level boats and will never reach or hold the value of, say, a Mastercraft or Ski Nautique.
But without Bayliner and companies like them many people could not afford to get into water sports, you would be suprised at how many tournament skiers I've met that started with a lowely Bayliner, they eventually moved into a higher class boat.
In that context you could use them as a reference to Street Beast, but not as a put down.

The Bayliner put down is an elitist attitude that if you can't afford to buy the best, don't buy anything.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
What is wrong with people ...he listed him self from Utah but is actually from Canada...and is speaking in gibberish. jeez some people need to get a life. I am not sure what a bayliner is but i know it has nothing to do with this thread. I am with you on this Centerline......it sure not tobacco he been tootin. Tim

Why are you making fun of where he's from , I dont get it
Old 08-20-2008, 11:19 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
We aren't making fun of where he's from..... we just don't like people who act like they're on something or don't tell the truth.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Actually he posted in his user profile that he is from "indiana".

Quote:
No one is making fun of where he is from. What we are talking about is that he lied when he posted that he is from "indiana" in his user profile and that the computer he is working on is in Canada. What else is he lying about???

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.