StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2002, 01:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Take two cars.One an authentic body and frame the other a repop frame and glass body.Dump 30k in each.Which one is worth more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Toy builder

Last photo:

Oh SusieQ it takes about 5 min per side to remove the bracket with a hand band saw. I still think your a ringer for the company. What do i own lets see 54 chevy pick-up driven everyday..36 olds sedan..56 chevy ex gasser..37 nash..57 2dr hardtop and a slew of other stuff waiting in the wings.I also have no problem with real fiberglass cars...its the kit cars such as streetbeasts that i have a problem with. I still say the car is road trash .If you have low standards and are happy with it so be it. But i know there are at least 3 in my area code that the guys cant even sell. One of which cant even be driven as the rearend hits the fuel cell so bad it a joke. Great looking yard art...well not even that as its rear fenders stick so far up in the air it looks ...well like a street beast. Still stand behind my first statement its JUNK. Can spot one a mile away in a crowd. Never been beat is usally something you hear from the local 5.0 teenagers. Still think your a ringer for the company...would not be the first time they played that game. Later...
Old 12-10-2002, 12:48 PM

Last photo:

Dang! Phat lives! Welcome back!

Maverick (AKA Mallard Stoveblt Page)

Old 12-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:

Naw Maverick i just sneak around under other names now LOL
Old 12-20-2002, 03:42 PM

Phat, it's my turn. Susie Q is out of town and she saved this discussion on favorites. I am Rog the other half of the team that built that 327 with Susie. I have been a teenager 4 times over, and can stand by that statement Susie Q made "hasn't been beat yet" By the way, be realistic, obviously both you, I, and anyone who has any mechanical skill knows that your comment concerning cutting the strut bracket out with a hand band saw isn't true; wheithers its on a streetbeast or anything else. As for a ringer, Right! We don't need streetbeast or any of those other companies technical support to guide us on how to build anything, let alone their own glass cars. We never used Streetbeast tech support, however we hear it wasn't that great. That never scare us away from buying and building the car. We bought the 34 from someone that was maybe like you? They couldn't put the car together, got robbed by the company, couldn't get technical support, and didn't have the technical knowledge to put the car together without help. We got a great deal! I am sorry about that, however there are allot of folks building streetbeast and some do look real bad, and some are killers. However, I think allot of their bad rep comes from the average Joe Blows thinking they can buy a streetbeast and put it together using a book and streetbeast technical support, and find out they can't. As for the cars you own, I can list a bunch too. However, once I figure out how to add a picture to this email, I will put Susie Q's car on it. I will admit my computer skills aren't that great. Its the old saying, Put up or ?
Old 12-31-2002, 11:04 AM

Wow, so this thread is still alive. Suzy Q let's see your car. I also am building a Streetbeast, a 41 willys. The comments on the welds are very wrong when it comes to the frame I have. Not the best looking but very strong. As far as dropping bodies from 2 or 3 stories up....huh? Try that with steel and see whats left. I've had way too many rods over the years to list but can safely say the quality of any rod is in the quality of the parts used and the workmanship. I'm very happy with the quality of the Willys. I happen to remmember the of FiberFab cars, worked on a few. Yes, they were junk! Then again, that was 20 years ago. I remember when a lot of steel cars were called junk by some, sure wish I had some of that junk now. When my car is finished those who want to feel free to pick it apart, first be sure to park next to me. I can pick too.
Will
Old 01-02-2003, 08:50 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

okay, so i dont know nothin about any kit cars, other than the all steel 34's that Rod Bods in Sparks NV makes (totally puss)but spendy, in any stage from body only to complete car.

but i have used a Milwaukee Portable Band Saw or a Porta-Band for about all my life and i can ASSURE YOU I, (or anybody), can cut through ANYTHING in 5 minutes. at least anything that will fit into the 4-5" area the blade can reach. and i believe phat is referring to one of these tools, not a "hack-saw".
regarding this thread, i can see one person has seen terrible welds and another has seen great welds. that only means one thing. Lousy Quality Control. i.e. pure luck if you get good or bad, which in my book means a bad product, because i won't take a chance on something being bad. which is why i will never buy another harmonic balancer from Summit and therefor also have to wonder about their other stuff, like cams, even tho i knew a racer that had great luck with them in the past. new manufactuer, no quality control, forget it.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 PM

Street Beast

Just finished my Street beast cab. The only thing I can say is, Run don't walk away from this company. If you would like to contact me directly E-mail me at Saratoga228@aol.com I would let you know what problems to expect. again don't buy one of these kits!

Bob Podgurski
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Angry street beast willys

hi i have been reading all the crap on how bad a street beast is well i am building one of there willys kits and i feel any car or kit is only as good as the builder i have had 2 of my past cars in super chevy and camaro high preformance also won 4 major shows as for the willys yes there are some thing that are not so great but as i see it i am great if the parts fit good and i could just bolt them together i probably would like most and be happy with it but now i have to do a little more work but now the stuff i a perfect fit so if you are a above average builder and like to truely build not bolt together try one for your self also i do all my work from start to finnish now as for there sales department well they have been a bit rough as in trying to get some missing part but they have made good on all if one are thinking of buying one of there cars please be prepared to build a car it not as easy as the sale department let you think that may be the resone for all the bad rap so many fell for there sales tactic think that some one could just buy a beat mustang and there kit and bolt it together well that about it i like my car the problems i have had only make my car better in the end because i will make it a great car
Old 12-07-2004, 11:02 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

Re: street beast willys

Quote:
Originally posted by kiccs2000
hi i have been reading all the crap on how bad a street beast is well i am building one of there willys kits and i feel any car or kit is only as good as the builder i have had 2 of my past cars in super chevy and camaro high preformance also won 4 major shows as for the willys yes there are some thing that are not so great but as i see it i am great if the parts fit good and i could just bolt them together i probably would like most and be happy with it but now i have to do a little more work but now the stuff i a perfect fit so if you are a above average builder and like to truely build not bolt together try one for your self also i do all my work from start to finnish now as for there sales department well they have been a bit rough as in trying to get some missing part but they have made good on all if one are thinking of buying one of there cars please be prepared to build a car it not as easy as the sale department let you think that may be the resone for all the bad rap so many fell for there sales tactic think that some one could just buy a beat mustang and there kit and bolt it together well that about it i like my car the problems i have had only make my car better in the end because i will make it a great car

First off, welcome to the site. Second, and not be a a******, try using some punctuation. Seriously, you will get a better response if your posts are more legible. I couldn't even get a quarter way through your post and had to stop reading because i was starting to get a headache.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

kiccs2000

Take some time, document your build and include it on a journel here. Lots of companies change and hopefully your voice may give light to what reputation StreetBeasts used to have (shoot, this thread started back in 2001).

Take some time and include a good bio of dilivery time, parts included or missing and the sturdiness to the body and frame.

I agree, include some punctuation and give us some positive information instead of starting off defensive.

Give us plenty of pics, that always makes us happy

I personally didn't like the ramrod salesmanship when I discussed buying their product (a time long past), sounds like not much changed to their parts missing issues. This is their reputation and customer service is the key to any business in my book.

Dutch
Old 12-08-2004, 06:30 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Re: street beast willys

Quote:
Originally posted by kiccs2000
hi i have been reading all the crap on how bad a street beast is well i am building one of there willys kits and i feel any car or kit is only as good as the builder i have had 2 of my past cars in super chevy and camaro high preformance also won 4 major shows as for the willys yes there are some thing that are not so great but as i see it i am great......
Personally I don't care if your name is Chip Foose, when your done building a StreetBeast kit you'll still have a car that is so far removed from the original that not a single part built for the original will fit, except for possibly the door handles. This may not be the case with the Willys but with any of their Ford knock-offs it definitely is. And I'll lay money that none of the reproduction Willys parts made by any of the aftermarket manufacturers will fit their Willys kit either. The only place you'll be able to get replacements is at StreetBeasts which is part of their marketing strategy. Once you buy a StreetBeast kit you're stuck with a sole source of parts.

Good luck with your Willys

Centerlline
Old 12-08-2004, 06:50 AM
See you on the street...

Last photo:

I looked into one of their kits in the hopes of building an affordable rod for my Dad. After looking through their sales information packet, I was not impressed.

Anyone here have experience with Speedway Motors "kits"?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:01 AM

sorry for my poor writing skill that is one i do not have but if any of you would like to email me at kiccs2000@msn.com I will be more than happy to send pic of my car and address any of the problems that came with
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 PM

Street Beast kit

I have one, run away from them. If you want details e-mail me at Saratoga228@aol.com. Please stay away from this company.

Bob

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.