StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 42 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74chevy454
It would seem that it would be in the company's best interest to agree and apologize for what had been done and then try to get on with it ,

I made my statement and thats it Jon, if you want keep spinning this in whatever direction want , so be it, It is what it is ! We make a quality product, we dont do anything illegal, we deliver what we sell, and our customer , experienced or not are very happy....Thanks

Doesnt sound like your company or you want to address what was said, if thats the case expect that people will talk about this as this is the best site on the web for hotrodders.
Thats what I did, I apologized for personally attacking Jon, but immediatly after that , another mod , posted again more links and atrticles on CMC/Fiberfab which I said has no bearing on the current or future status of streetbeast, what else is there to say ?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

"this corporation will do what it takes to stop the negative press prior to 1998 as it has no bearing to Streetbeasts current status or business practices,"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5605
I'm new here (but not new to hotrodding (or life)). About a year ago I was looking at various 'kit cars', Street Beasts being one of them. Well I got the catalog and then the phone calls started. Probably got 6 or so over a 2 month period.

The first one started out with the give you a discount (show price) blah, blah. then another one, then another one, etc. Prices going up, can fit you in now, etc.Somewhere along the line I asked for a name of someone close by that had one of their kits that I could talk to. Well the person was in South Carolina about 200+ miles away. Made me wonder who was getting those 40 kits a month.

Finally told the person to not call again because by that time I had searched the internet and had not liked what I found and then I hung up on him.

Took him about 5 seconds to call back and really start to ream my butt for the way I had treated him. WHAT ARROGANCE. I got the impression that if he was standing next to me I would have been blind sided and picking myself up off the floor.

He finally got the hint when I used a few choice 4 letter words (in about 10 seconds) and told him to NEVER call me again.

Needless to say, they are off my list.
So are you calling him a liar?

JMO
Old 08-28-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
"this corporation will do what it takes to stop the negative press prior to 1998 as it has no bearing to Streetbeasts current status or business practices,"

So are you calling him a liar?

JMO
No, but your insinuating we do business currently that way and thats not true, I worked for CMC 15 years ago , and the only problem they had back then was that they had more business than they could handle , The factory could only produce 50 kits a month and we were selling over 200 a month, so the back log of parts finally turned into complaints with the state and a cease and assist order was made and the issues was brought in front of the grand jury which I personally appeared before, and after the investigation they concluded that no economic fraud was committed so no indictment was made , just a judgment for classic to pay back or fill all outstanding orders which was done. The owners cleaned everything up and when they were given the green light from the state of Florida, opened Streetbeast which opened in 1998 til present. Since then we sell just what we can ship, Our 34 Coupe is in very high demand , we are currently 90-120 days out if you order one today, overall ,The willys is our 2nd most popular , anyway,The past isn't always present of the future.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

It's hilarious how these guys bungle the legal terminology. When they threatened Centerline with legal action, in this post, they called it a "liable" suit, instead of "libel". Now, he's saying "cease and assist", instead of "cease and desist" .

They're not even good at trying to chill free speech.

Once again, here's the post where they impersonate Curt Scott, and threaten me with legal and financial trouble. When they were impersonating Curt Scott, here's what they said in the post. Yes, he really misspells the word "road".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbeasts impersonating Curt Scott
Ive been down this rode already Jon , you need to put your ego aside and drop this constant pursuit on Streetbeast, they will sue you and take everything you have , The owner has deeper pockets than you and this whole hotrodding site put together , your on the way to getting yourself into alot of trouble you probably dont want or need, rumor has it ,its already started, good luck pal
Here's a screenshot from the sentencing document from the CMC fraud case. The owner pled guilty to fraud and was ordered to pay $2.5 million in restitution.

See how the "pleaded guilty" box is checked? And see what it says under "Nature of Offense"? It says: "Wire fraud".

By the way, StreetbeastOptsMan, guess what you call using the internet (an electronic communications medium) to impersonate someone else so that you can threaten me?

It's called "wire fraud".
Old 08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Old 08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

One of the things that made "libel freeze" or "chill effect" next to impossible to do now is the HUGE uproar over Conrad Black and his use of libel suits to silence any nay sayers. He got away with it for quite a while, but paved the way for it to be almost an offence to press that kind of suit, with free speech.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:14 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Ah..... Street Beast.....

Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Here's another screenshot from the court documents, detailing how these guys tried to silence critics with legal maneuvers. Sound familiar?

"Stuart Rado" is the consumer activist who warned people about Classic Motor Carriages, and "GGL" refers to George G. Levin Industries, AKA Classic Motor Carriages AKA Streetbeasts, AKA Fiberfab/Auto Resolutions/Innovative Street Machines, etc.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,078 Times in 961 Posts
What makes me sick to my stomach is if this clown was able to pay $2.5 million in restitution (have to assume the judge wouldn't have ordered him to of he couldn't do it) what kind of money is that friggin company netting him?? What are their sales?

Man, all the honorable people who work their ***** off and have a hard time making a living and this guy is making this kind of money.

Brian
Old 08-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
...........Man, all the honorable people who work their ***** off and have a hard time making a living and this guy is making this kind of money.

Brian
Yes, and he's doing it at the expense of the novices who are somewhat gullible and are easily sucked into buying his product through their high pressure sales tactics. One statistic that would be interesting to see is how many Street Beast customers are first time builders. I'm betting way more than half. I'm also betting that way more than half of these projects change hands more than once before they ever hit the road.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

I love the following posting by Streetbeasts where they impersonate Curt Scott. I must've been too busy roofing before to see it...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbeasts impersonating Curt Scott
Ive been down this rode already Jon , you need to put your ego aside and drop this constant pursuit on Streetbeast, they will sue you and take everything you have , The owner has deeper pockets than you and this whole hotrodding site put together , your on the way to getting yourself into alot of trouble you probably dont want or need, rumor has it ,its already started, good luck pal

Here's a screenshot from the sentencing document from the CMC fraud case. The owner pled guilty to fraud and was ordered to pay $2.5 million in restitution.

I now see exactly how the owner has "deeper pockets than you and this whole hotrodding site put together". By shafting as many people as they have, it's no wonder their pockets are so deep. I may need to kick an extra $10 to this. Better yet, I'll supply a way to haul out the bull stuff....

In a while, Chet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manure spreader.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	32168  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

An almost ten year old Judgement... against a company no longer in business and restitution paid.

Old news. Whatcha got current on them?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
An almost ten year old Judgement... against a company no longer in business and restitution paid.

What part of it " NOT A NEW COMPANY " do you not understand. ??

It is owned by the same guy ... StreetBeastOtpsman still works at the same business and for the same man as 10 years ago.

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:

Been reading this ENTIRE thing for days now,

If you can't read what these guys have been saying and doing here and still think that is not enough on them what more do you need?
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 AM

Last photo:

Quote:

OK ill go with your thinking .....old news..as you say.. OK Lets say for sake of argument ten years ago I sold you car under company name X. Lets say a 68 firebird. I pressured you into buying it because I had other buyers waiting. When it got to you it was NOT what is was supposed to be and was missing half the parts. You take my company to court for fraud. And lets say I plead guilty. NOW remember ten years ago this fictional scenario happened. Now fast-forward to now. I start company Y that sell cars. Lets say you have a brother who wants to buy I car from me .. What are you going to tell him......Go for it? I think not!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.