StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 43 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5605
I'm new here (but not new to hotrodding (or life)). About a year ago I was looking at various 'kit cars', Street Beasts being one of them. Well I got the catalog and then the phone calls started. Probably got 6 or so over a 2 month period.

The first one started out with the give you a discount (show price) blah, blah. then another one, then another one, etc. Prices going up, can fit you in now, etc.Somewhere along the line I asked for a name of someone close by that had one of their kits that I could talk to. Well the person was in South Carolina about 200+ miles away. Made me wonder who was getting those 40 kits a month.

Finally told the person to not call again because by that time I had searched the internet and had not liked what I found and then I hung up on him.

Took him about 5 seconds to call back and really start to ream my butt for the way I had treated him. WHAT ARROGANCE. I got the impression that if he was standing next to me I would have been blind sided and picking myself up off the floor.

He finally got the hint when I used a few choice 4 letter words (in about 10 seconds) and told him to NEVER call me again.

Needless to say, they are off my list.
According to the author of this post....this was just a year ago.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 08:47 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
... what kind of money is that friggin company netting him?? What are their sales?
By OptsMan's own admission, what the company was doing was selling and getting down payments on cars they didn't have and couldn't deliver in a timely fashion. As he says in post 618 "The factory could only produce 50 kits a month and we were selling over 200 a month..."

It doesn't take a geneous to figure out that even with the minimum down payment of $1,000, the company was raking in quite a haul. For example, after one month of operating in this fashion they would be 150 cars behind schedule and would have pocketed $150,000 in down payments on cars they simply had not and could not produce. By the end of their second month of operation, they would be twice as far in hole for unproduced cars, but now $300,000 in the black with pocketed down payments.

Keep that up for just one YEAR and you would be 1800 cars behind in production (a three year backlog at the rate of production stipulated by OpsMan) but $1.8 million in the black in collected down payments.

And if the stories told by customers are true, $1,000 down payments were just the tip of the iceberg. Many claim to have be required to fork over HALF the cost of their kits in order to insure production.

That's quite an interesting business model.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
By OptsMan's own admission, what the company was doing was selling and getting down payments on cars they didn't have and couldn't deliver in a timely fashion. As he says in post 618 "The factory could only produce 50 kits a month and we were selling over 200 a month..."

It doesn't take a geneous to figure out that even with the minimum down payment of $1,000, the company was raking in quite a haul. For example, after one month of operating in this fashion they would be 150 cars behind schedule and would have pocketed $150,000 in down payments on cars they simply had not and could not produce. By the end of their second month of operation, they would be twice as far in hole for unproduced cars, but now $300,000 in the black with pocketed down payments.

Keep that up for just one YEAR and you would be 1800 cars behind in production (a three year backlog at the rate of production stipulated by OpsMan) but $1.8 million in the black in collected down payments.

And if the stories told by customers are true, $1,000 down payments were just the tip of the iceberg. Many claim to have be required to fork over HALF the cost of their kits in order to insure production.

That's quite an interesting business model.
Again, That was 12 years ago, customer were paid back, How many companys go under and leave their customers hanging, we did the right thing, cant you come up with anything recent? Cause there isnt anything
Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets cut it up
OK ill go with your thinking .....old news..as you say.. OK Lets say for sake of argument ten years ago I sold you car under company name X. Lets say a 68 firebird. I pressured you into buying it because I had other buyers waiting. When it got to you it was NOT what is was supposed to be and was missing half the parts. You take my company to court for fraud. And lets say I plead guilty. NOW remember ten years ago this fictional scenario happened. Now fast-forward to now. I start company Y that sell cars. Lets say you have a brother who wants to buy I car from me .. What are you going to tell him......Go for it? I think not!
First of all, no one is pressuring me to buy anything. WTH is that supposed to mean anyway? New car dealers try pressure sales, go after them also then.
Second, if I have an issue with any company I'll deal with it as best I can. If I made a bad decision, it's my fault. Not this forum for not informing me.
Third, if asked I will volunteer my experience with others, ranting in a forum is not good feedback, but it does help some.

So I guess all of you are saying the original owner and all employees need to die or work somewhere else for it do be a different company?
No hint of the original can exist? If that's the case most any defunct company would never re-open regardless of why it closed.

I'm not defending the company, but you guys are just out of control with your relentless pursuit of vigilante justice for who knows what reason.
NOTHING THEY DO WILL EVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. ADMIT IT!

I have also yet to get a doable answer to my question. What do you want from SB as a company? And I mean real world advertising and marketing.
Other than not having a forum I see nothing else they can change.

The fact it doesn't fit your mold (pun intended) to use aftermarket parts of your choosing on another aftermarket part is not a valid reason to slam any company. I can't use DSE suspension parts without modifying the rear of my car, but it says it fits. The fine print and installation instructions show what must be changed, but I'm smart enough to know that up front.
Most car guys are not the entry level idiots you think they all are.

I also see nothing deceptive about their advertising, guess maybe I'm more informed than you think most people are?
It is what it is. A modified version of a car. A chopped top Outlaw is as well, but oh, you can use brand X parts on an Outlaw, that makes it OK?
Jeez, split hairs will ya!

I'm outta here, you guys keep beating the horse. Have fun.
What a bunch of curmudgeons.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
First of all, no one is pressuring me to buy anything. WTH is that supposed to mean anyway? New car dealers try pressure sales, go after them also then.
Second, if I have an issue with any company I'll deal with it as best I can. If I made a bad decision, it's my fault. Not this forum for not informing me.
Third, if asked I will volunteer my experience with others, ranting in a forum is not good feedback, but it does help some.

So I guess all of you are saying the original owner and all employees need to die or work somewhere else for it do be a different company?
No hint of the original can exist? If that's the case most any defunct company would never re-open regardless of why it closed.

I'm not defending the company, but you guys are just out of control with your relentless pursuit of vigilante justice for who knows what reason.
NOTHING THEY DO WILL EVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. ADMIT IT!

I have also yet to get a doable answer to my question. What do you want from SB as a company? And I mean real world advertising and marketing.
Other than not having a forum I see nothing else they can change.

The fact it doesn't fit your mold (pun intended) to use aftermarket parts of your choosing on another aftermarket part is not a valid reason to slam any company. I can't use DSE suspension parts without modifying the rear of my car, but it says it fits. The fine print and installation instructions show what must be changed, but I'm smart enough to know that up front.
Most car guys are not the entry level idiots you think they all are.

I also see nothing deceptive about their advertising, guess maybe I'm more informed than you think most people are?
It is what it is. A modified version of a car. A chopped top Outlaw is as well, but oh, you can use brand X parts on an Outlaw, that makes it OK?
Jeez, split hairs will ya!

Thanks ...Very well said, my point exactly
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
What is with the name calling? I am not Ill tempered or stubborn. I just like facts. Truthful facts. And when I spend money with a company I want to know their history to know who I am dealing with. As for as the car itself i could care less as all kits have problems. It is the honestly issue that is being discussed here. If you were so informed as you say you are you would understand that it is a honesty issue. The quality of the product is not even being discussed anymore. I would never even consider them as they don't have the speedster anymore that I can see. BUT even then I don't like pushy people or deception,and we have first had accounts or that. But hey I guess to you that don't count either! You need to take a pill,chill and stop name calling. If you don't like the sand box leave!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Last journal entry: 74 Chevy Cheyenne Super Custom Deluxe

428ho u must be 1 of the few that even when ur reading the writing on the wall u cant read it or just to ignorant to understand it,business practices and the overall deception is kinda of similar to all the big companys that know what there doing but dont care until they get caught, and then when they do get caught claimed to know nothing. hmmmm ya right sure.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
......NOTHING THEY DO WILL EVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. ADMIT IT!......
As long as they continue to pray on the novice and produce a product that locks people into ONE SOURCE for parts.... as long as their slick advertising and high pressure sales tactics are used....as long as they continue to impersonate people on open forums in order to spin their story.......as long as they try to intimidate and eliminate anything and anyone who wants to tell the public what's going on..... and as long as they are owned and run by the same convicted criminal that screwed hundreds possibly thousands of people out of their hard earned money.....WE WILL NOT BE SATISFIED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
.......... How many companys go under and leave their customers hanging, we did the right thing................
Lets get this straight..... THE ONLY REASON STREETBEAST/CMC/FIBERFAB/INNOVATIVE STREET MACHINES ET.AL. DID THE RIGHT THING WAS THAT THE FLORIDA COURT FORCED THAT TO HAPPEN. If the courts hadn't been there to force that action Mr. Lavin would have scampered off with untold millions of other people's money.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

Finally got some free time today to put in a few solid hours on the wiki article .

Added a bunch of info, the court docs, plus details to the spin and fraud that StreetBeasts has employed on this forum. Added a link on the main page of the wiki, and updated the title of the article too: Streetbeasts fraud controversy.

Does anyone have a side-by-side photo comparing a StreetBeasts vehicle with the "real" vehicle it is intended to represent? I know that a lot of people have made the point about aesthetically incorrect body design, but we really need to show it, and a side-by-side pic would be best for that. Ideally, the two cars should be as much alike as possible, except for the fact that one is a StreetBeasts replicar, and the other is an original steel vehicle. This could also be two separate photos displaying the same make/model.

If you have such a pic, please upload it to the wiki, or just post it in this thread with your permission to include it in the article.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

I found these two pics on the web, maybe someone can 'shop them to side by side?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1934 steel.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	32180   Click image for larger version

Name:	streetbeast.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	32181  
Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 PM

OK, cool, that's exactly the kind of thing we're looking for. However, we need pictures that we can legally reproduce in a wiki article, without copyright concerns.

In most cases, this will mean the pictures have to have been taken by the person who is posting them.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

Sorry, I'm not sure about copyrights on these pics, But I'll see if they can be reproduced.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
OK, cool, that's exactly the kind of thing we're looking for. However, we need pictures that we can legally reproduce in a wiki article, without copyright concerns.

In most cases, this will mean the pictures have to have been taken by the person who is posting them.
Rats! I just uploaded a couple pictures but I didn't take them and they would never pass the "copyright" test since one was directly from the Street Beast web site. I have since removed them, but I did leave the commentary which will hold true as soon as a couple pics can be located and uploaded.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 PM

OK, good, at least we have the commentary. Be sure to delete the pics if you're uncertain about the copyright issues associated with them.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
OK, good, at least we have the commentary. Be sure to delete the pics if you're uncertain about the copyright issues associated with them.
I removed them from the commentary but couldn't figure out how to delete them from the wiki altogether.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.