StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 44 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I removed them from the commentary but couldn't figure out how to delete them from the wiki altogether.
Ask someone from streetbeasts how to. LOL

Advertisement

Last edited by carsavvycook; 08-29-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook

Nice
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Another unfinished beast hit's Ebay......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e3fb_12.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	32187   Click image for larger version

Name:	e08f_12.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	32188  
Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

This is a small scale example, but it should make it's point.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
I look at this as being a 2-1 ratio.

Lot's of times it is larger than this

Accurate, and informative information, is the reason I joined this forum in the first place.

You will notice, that it says 1 Member and 2 Guests Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread. It is not only the members, but add the "guests" at a 2-1 ratio, that are getting the correct, and true information, about SB, and their sales tactics, and products, along with their company history.

I don't think of this as being a vendetta against anyone, or Company, just information to be able to absorb.

Last edited by carsavvycook; 08-29-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: refraise
Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Quote:
Hilarious!

Just deleted the pics. Also, I just rolled back a wiki edit in which a "mystery" user, with a Hollywood, Florida IP address, deleted the section of the article that included the court documents proving wire fraud. Blocked the IP too, and I can imagine we'll be doing a lot of that. We also might need to "protect" the article, so that only registered wiki users can edit it.

I'm definitely liking how the guilty plea document looks at the top of that page. Really professional, and as credible as it gets. I'm thinking maybe we could also include a screenshot from the TwoGuysGarage.com post, where a StreetBeasts rep tells people that they're confusing Innovative Street Machines (AKA "StreetBeasts") with Classic Motor Carriages because they're in "the same state". What a great line -- it's really innovative. And not just innovative. Classic.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Hilarious!

Just deleted the pics. Also, I just rolled back a wiki edit in which a "mystery" user, with a Hollywood, Florida IP address, deleted the section of the article that included the court documents proving wire fraud. Blocked the IP too, and I can imagine we'll be doing a lot of that. We also might need to "protect" the article, so that only registered wiki users can edit it.

I'm definitely liking how the guilty plea document looks at the top of that page. Really professional, and as credible as it gets. I'm thinking maybe we could also include a screenshot from the TwoGuysGarage.com post, where a StreetBeasts rep tells people that they're confusing Innovative Street Machines (AKA "StreetBeasts") with Classic Motor Carriages because they're in "the same state". What a great line -- it's really innovative. And not just innovative. Classic.
Go for it Jon!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Last photo:

I worked for Streetbeast and Classic/Fiberfab

Quote:
Go for it Jon!
Boy, after reading all this I don't know where to start. I started working as a salesman at CMC in 1989, at that point the company was owned by George Levin ,the factory was able to produce 20-25 kits a month and that's how many they sold and had zero complaints. In 1990 the company hired a gentlemen by the name of Richard Skolnick would turned this into a full blown telemarketing scam, within months we were selling 200-300 kits a month, taking deposits from $500-5000 and telling people anything they wanted to here to get a deposit. Commissions were as follows, $500 deposit=$100, $750=$150, $1500=$300,$2500-$450,$3500=$550 , $5000=$750, plus there was a monthly bonus depending how many units you sold.plus weekly sales contest.The pitch we were using back then was the Infamous EXPORT CANCELLATION where we would tell a prospective customer we had a couple kits that were slated to go overseas but there was a devaluation of the dollar so the customer had to drop 2 kits off the shipment, and they would always be 1 left and it was always the one he was interested in , See the price list is always $7000 higher then what they will actually sell the kit for, so they high pressure the customer with the $7000 savings, plus they throw in a bunch of puffery options,smoke and mirrors(pre assembly package, custom finishing, to build it up even more.

After 4 years of this ,as you've already reported, they were shut down , George Levin was charged and ordered to pay back these customers.In 1998 they re-opened as Innovative Street Machines and started the whole thing over again, and finally launched what we know as STREETBEAST . The Street beast bodies were actually made in Mexico from 2000-2005, not in the USA as they implie . We were doing all the major shows, no complaints ,then in 2006, George Levin put his nephew Steve Levin in charge and the company started going down hill, just interested in getting peoples money, not providing kits on time, major back orders, sucked every cent out of the company for his personal use, laid off 1oos of workers, cut everyone's salary ect.

Currently Streetbeast is selling 5-7 kits a month if they are lucky, owe millions of dollars to their vendors for parts, back orders are piling up, currently there are 10-20 kits at the Canadian border the customers cant get, another 10-20 in a warehouse in lake worth Florida that charges the customer $100 a day storage till they pick it up. Kits are going out half full. There are probably 6-7 people working there, 1-2 salesman just sticking it out to keep some cash flow going and to make payroll and that pretty much it in a nutshell !! Till the attorney general steps in a second time....more will be revealed
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 AM

Last photo:

Time for some investigation Jon and mod's, is this guy REALLY on the level or just some VERY unhappy customer trying for some payback!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:59 AM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
Boy, after reading all this I don't know where to start. I started working as a salesman at CMC in 1989, at that point the company was owned by George Levin ,the factory was able to produce 20-25 kits a month and that's how many they sold and had zero complaints. In 1990 the company hired a gentlemen by the name of Richard Skolnick would turned this into a full blown telemarketing scam, within months we were selling 200-300 kits a month, taking deposits from $500-5000 and telling people anything they wanted to here to get a deposit. Commissions were as follows, $500 deposit=$100, $750=$150, $1500=$300,$2500-$450,$3500=$550 , $5000=$750, plus there was a monthly bonus depending how many units you sold.plus weekly sales contest.The pitch we were using back then was the Infamous EXPORT CANCELLATION where we would tell a prospective customer we had a couple kits that were slated to go overseas but there was a devaluation of the dollar so the customer had to drop 2 kits off the shipment, and they would always be 1 left and it was always the one he was interested in , See the price list is always $7000 higher then what they will actually sell the kit for, so they high pressure the customer with the $7000 savings, plus they throw in a bunch of puffery options,smoke and mirrors(pre assembly package, custom finishing, to build it up even more.

After 4 years of this ,as you've already reported, they were shut down , George Levin was charged and ordered to pay back these customers.In 1998 they re-opened as Innovative Street Machines and started the whole thing over again, and finally launched what we know as STREETBEAST . The Street beast bodies were actually made in Mexico from 2000-2005, not in the USA as they implie . We were doing all the major shows, no complaints ,then in 2006, George Levin put his nephew Steve Levin in charge and the company started going down hill, just interested in getting peoples money, not providing kits on time, major back orders, sucked every cent out of the company for his personal use, laid off 1oos of workers, cut everyone's salary ect.

Currently Streetbeast is selling 5-7 kits a month if they are lucky, owe millions of dollars to their vendors for parts, back orders are piling up, currently there are 10-20 kits at the Canadian border the customers cant get, another 10-20 in a warehouse in lake worth Florida that charges the customer $100 a day storage till they pick it up. Kits are going out half full. There are probably 6-7 people working there, 1-2 salesman just sticking it out to keep some cash flow going and to make payroll and that pretty much it in a nutshell !! Till the attorney general steps in a second time....more will be revealed
WOW!! We all thank you for this information.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM

Obviously, we can't verify the source at this time, so, we just have to take StreetBeast Insider's posts at face value. As this thread continues, more might be revealed, and we'll take it from there.

StreetBeast Insider's IP address is the same as the one that deleted the wire fraud case details from the wiki last night. Here's the comparison of the two versions of the wiki article after the edit from that IP address.

Not sure what to make of that. Streetbeast Insider?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Obviously, we can't verify the source at this time, so, we just have to take StreetBeast Insider's posts at face value. As this thread continues, more might be revealed, and we'll take it from there.

StreetBeast Insider's IP address is the same as the one that deleted the wire fraud case details from the wiki last night. Here's the comparison of the two versions of the wiki article after the edit from that IP address.

that sure is interesting , same IP address?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I would have to say B.S. on "insiders" claim, well at least part of it. I personally saw the Street Beast factory, between 2000 and 2005. I do not remember the exact year, but I flew in to Florida to check it all out. I saw the factory, I saw the workers working the molds, I saw people working on bodies after the molds, I saw quite a bit.

So, for that part of the post, I would say that it is incorrect. Now, as far as the rest of it, who knows.

I will also say, I did NOT have any pressure put on me, in fact, the only time I heard from anyone at the point of first contact (that I made), to the time of and after delivery, were calls to see if I received components, and follow ups. The never called me to see if I were interested, I made the deals and requests, they either did it or did not do it.

Just some personal experience on dealing with them. I will say after getting everything, and running into some problems, then we had words on a few occasions. It did not get worked out with any help from them, I had to "fix" it myself, just as NewInteriors did.

Jason
Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
that sure is interesting , same IP address?

Jon; Is this the same IP address used by streatbeastoptsman?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Jon; Is this the same IP address used by streatbeastoptsman?
No, StreetBeast Insider is using a different IP address than StreetbeastOptsMan.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

I smell plenty of unrefrigerated fish here.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.