StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 46 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Dewey, I agree with what you are saying. Another thing to think about...how do we know that Streetbeast Optsman and GrandpaCobra are past and present employees of Streetbeasts? It very strange to me that two company employees would be allowed to represent the company in the manner that they have on this thread. I mean really a operations manager and a parts man are being used to do customer relations and PR work. That does not seem right to me...if I were their bosses and saw how the conducted theirselves on this thread...I would fire them. Then right along with them comes a customer that has not even got his kit completely out of the crate defending them to no end...something is not right here. Now we have a past employee showing up telling us things...he gets caught deleteing things in the WIKI and when he gets caught by IP....he tells us that he did it and made a mistake. Man....too many things do not add up here. "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives."

Advertisement

Last edited by Henry Highrise; 09-01-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Late yesterday afternoon I was cleaning up the garage, I had the Cup practice on Speed, along comes a Street Beast commercial. I believe, I could have heard it wrong, they have been producing kit cars for 30 years. That kind of, goes against the new company, different than the past company, line.
And, all for as low as $129 a month.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
So much so that personally, I would be cautious about the recent entry of SB Insider into the discussion. Some of his/her statements don't quite add up. For example, the claim that "100's" of SB workers were laid off.

If we take prior SB claims as accurate, SB was producing about 50 kits per month prior to these layoffs. After the layoffs, according to Insider, they are producing 5-7 kits per month. Doing some quick math, Insider is saying they can currently produce 7 kits a month with a total of 7 workers. If we apply that same worker-to-kit ratio, then prior to the layoffs SB would have had a total of 50 production workers. (Roughly on kit per month per worker.) So why would there have been "hundreds" of workers on the payroll to produce just 50 kits?

The other immediate problem is that one of our own member saw first hand the factory operation (seemed to be in full production) at the period in time Insider says all the cars were being made somewhere else. This needs some clarification.

These and other discrepancies might all have logical explanations. But until there is some clarity I would advise against repeating these claims or taking them as gospel. I hope Insider understands that even if he's on the up and up, due caution needs to shown here.
And, on another note, when I was there, there was not 100's of employees even there. It was during the week. I am trying to figure out what year it was, when I was there.

I too am not saying insider is lying, but there were a stink load of kits being put together, bodies, frames, etc being crated. Not just 5 or 6.

Jason

P.S. I love my frickin car, she is wild and crazy, or is that who is actually behind the wheel. Again, I am not saying I did not have problems - by all means I had plenty. I do not believe ANY car is being built from the ground up is going to be easy for a novice, its not. I remember when my Dad first got me started when I was young.

By the way, even with all of the beautiful street rods that I and the car are around on Saturdays, sitting next to Outlaw cars, steel cars (street rods and muscle cars), etc, it really does get tons of compliments. Even the "is that a Street Beast, it looks great" - this coming from "REAL OLD" guys, (maybe in their 50's & 60's, but not real old) that have absolutely beautiful cars themselves. Anyways, just thought I would share that.

P.S.S. - the comment above, "old guys - 50's & 60's, just messing with you... Don't be grumpy, I do that to my Dad too...SMILE

Jason
Old 08-31-2008, 08:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
So much so that personally, I would be cautious about the recent entry of SB Insider into the discussion. Some of his/her statements don't quite add up. For example, the claim that "100's" of SB workers were laid off.

If we take prior SB claims as accurate, SB was producing about 50 kits per month prior to these layoffs. After the layoffs, according to Insider, they are producing 5-7 kits per month. Doing some quick math, Insider is saying they can currently produce 7 kits a month with a total of 7 workers. If we apply that same worker-to-kit ratio, then prior to the layoffs SB would have had a total of 50 production workers. (Roughly on kit per month per worker.) So why would there have been "hundreds" of workers on the payroll to produce just 50 kits?

The other immediate problem is that one of our own member saw first hand the factory operation (seemed to be in full production) at the period in time Insider says all the cars were being made somewhere else. This needs some clarification.

These and other discrepancies might all have logical explanations. But until there is some clarity I would advise against repeating these claims or taking them as gospel. I hope Insider understands that even if he's on the up and up, due caution needs to shown here.
The Factory in miami has the capability to manufacture 25 kits a month , whole kits with no back orders, They were selling 50-60 a month for 6-7 years, not deposits , layaway plan etc. , if you went to the factory today, you'd see 10-20 kits stacked to the ceiling,The average person wouldn't know the financial turmoil by just taking a tour of the factory, it actually quite impressive to the naked eye, all they are are bodys and frames which are made there, they are collecting dust waiting for all the back ordered parts that may or not come in, Why do you think people wait 8-12 months to get their kit? The money they take in today for a deposit or someone pays off their kit , that money is used to pay the vendors for parts for a kit thats been sitting there for 6 months paid for? As Ripley Said "Believe it or not!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
The Factory in miami has the capability to manufacture 25 kits a month , whole kits with no back orders, They were selling 50-60 a month for 6-7 years, not deposits , layaway plan etc. , if you went to the factory today, you'd see 10-20 kits stacked to the ceiling,The average person wouldn't know the financial turmoil by just taking a tour of the factory, it actually quite impressive to the naked eye, all they are are bodys and frames which are made there, they are collecting dust waiting for all the back ordered parts that may or not come in, Why do you think people wait 8-12 months to get their kit? The money they take in today for a deposit or someone pays off their kit , that money is used to pay the vendors for parts for a kit thats been sitting there for 6 months paid for? As Ripley Said "Believe it or not!!
The sad thing is the company makes a pretty decent product, its the horror show that the unsuspecting customer is put though, that should be a really happy time, building your first hot rod
Old 08-31-2008, 09:14 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
The sad thing is the company makes a pretty decent product, its the horror show that the unsuspecting customer is put though, that should be a really happy time, building your first hot rod

THen....when finally all the parts are in, the kit is 100% ready, the shipping nightmare begins, Youll get a call from another SALESMen, to give you a quote on shipping, usaully $2000 average within the US , but some of these customer need a little time to get the money together after spending $30k in the last year for something they dont even have yet. So they are told their kit will be warehoused in Lake Worth Florida that they will be contacted. They are charged $200 per day for storage till they can get their money for shipping.

If they drag their feet for more than a week ,Guess What , they break the kit down and put the parts with another sucker thats ready to pay off and put the other guy back in line for another year !!

TRUTH !!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
And, on another note, when I was there, there was not 100's of employees even there. It was during the week. I am trying to figure out what year it was, when I was there.

I too am not saying insider is lying, but there were a stink load of kits being put together, bodies, frames, etc being crated. Not just 5 or 6.

Jason

P.S. I love my frickin car, she is wild and crazy, or is that who is actually behind the wheel. Again, I am not saying I did not have problems - by all means I had plenty. I do not believe ANY car is being built from the ground up is going to be easy for a novice, its not. I remember when my Dad first got me started when I was young.

By the way, even with all of the beautiful street rods that I and the car are around on Saturdays, sitting next to Outlaw cars, steel cars (street rods and muscle cars), etc, it really does get tons of compliments. Even the "is that a Street Beast, it looks great" - this coming from "REAL OLD" guys, (maybe in their 50's & 60's, but not real old) that have absolutely beautiful cars themselves. Anyways, just thought I would share that.

P.S.S. - the comment above, "old guys - 50's & 60's, just messing with you... Don't be grumpy, I do that to my Dad too...SMILE

Jason

41 Willys just happened to buy at the right time thats all, not everyone get screwed
Old 08-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

41willys -- thanks for adding to the wiki article. Good point about how the customer is only locked into buying body parts from SB. I've integrated that point into the text that Centerline had originally inserted.

Also, you're right about how a small handful of eBay sales don't prove that SB's have lower resale value. It's what I call "anecdotal" evidence. I finally decided on this sentence: "Various eBay sales constitute anecdotal evidence, and can't be used to credibly demonstrate the lower resale value of StreetBeast vehicles."

Hit it with another edit or two if you think it needs work, I'll be watching the article today, and working with anyone who's editing it.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
41willys -- thanks for adding to the wiki article. Good point about how the customer is only locked into buying body parts from SB. I've integrated that point into the text that Centerline had originally inserted.

Also, you're right about how a small handful of eBay sales don't prove that SB's have lower resale value. It's what I call "anecdotal" evidence. I finally decided on this sentence: "Various eBay sales constitute anecdotal evidence, and can't be used to credibly demonstrate the lower resale value of StreetBeast vehicles."

Hit it with another edit or two if you think it needs work, I'll be watching the article today, and working with anyone who's editing it.
Jon, I have not ever met you, I like you though, but you use some words that I have never heard before... Cracks me up!!!

By the way, thanks sir...

Anyone following this thread, PLEASE understand I do not support Street Beast's ways, I have and will only post on my experiences. I do really like my car, and will admit to having problems with it, and could give a rats hairy little rear if others think it is crap. To all: there is not a car out there that you will not have problems with, there is not a car out there that is absolutely perfect.

Edit: except for those at shows that sit on chromed metal stands, with chromed rotors, with mirrors all under it showing every piece of chrome, billet, polished and painted surface - these are as perfect as they get, but you can't have fun with those...

Jason
Old 08-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:

Absolutely, I am not saying I believe this guy is who he says he is. However, he has a lot of inside knowledge of SOME company. If he is making this up, he is damn creative!

Brian
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
........Anyone following this thread, PLEASE understand I do not support Street Beast's ways, I have and will only post on my experiences. I do really like my car, and will admit to having problems with it, and could give a rats hairy little rear if others think it is crap. To all: there is not a car out there that you will not have problems with, there is not a car out there that is absolutely perfect.........

Jason
Street Beast's business and sales tactics not withstanding, I think that those of us who have a problem with Street Breasts designs, that problem is centered around their 33-34 and Vicky, along with the one piece body concept. The Willys and Cobra aesthetically aren't bad at all (the Cobra is stretched a little but that doesn't distract from its lines much). The one piece body works well for Cobras and the like but when your talking street rods with fenders that "hang out there" in the wind and can easily be damaged beyond repair it quite frankly doesn't make sense. I would also point out that at least from what I have seen all their chassis are pretty much the same which in the case of the Cobra really hurts the finished product. There is just no way it will handle like an original Cobra with that suspension. On the other hand, their Willys is quite probably their best product overall.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
problem is centered around their 33-34 and Vicky, along with the one piece body concept.
By all means, I understand what you are saying, meaning. I have seen them first hand, just like many here at hotrodders.

I have seen a Vicky built from start to finish. It ended up very, very nice. I know of two 34's (notice I did not say 34 Fords) that are absolutely beautiful, one of which is just too cool. I am in the process of finding pictures of the two of them. I will post them in this thread as soon as I can find them in my computer.

The one piece body is a total pain, I have replaced the right quarter already when I first got the body. Still turned out great though.

Jason

P.S. Jon, my wife had to tell me what anecdotal means. O.K. I understand exactly what you stated now.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Here are two SB 34's that I see pretty regularly. The red one, I have spoken with the owners, they state they had zero problems with the body or frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02500.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	32203   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02959.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	32204  

Last edited by 41willys; 08-31-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

Here's the Wikipedia page on anecdotal evidence: Anecdotal evidence. Anecdotes are fine for the forum, and for the Company Reviews section too. However, we want the wiki article to be more even-handed.

My concern isn't really with StreetBeast cars, it's with StreetBeasts as a company. Specifically, their history of fraud, their current use of fraud on this forum (for example, impersonating Curt Scott in an attempt to threaten me), their aggressive use of spin techniques, and their use of fear tactics to attempt to create a chilling effect, such that we won't speak up about them. The court docs demonstrate very clearly that they have a history consistent with such behavior.

Very similar situation with the Eaton Compressor lawsuit threat. It's no surprise at all to me that their parts are Chinese-manufactured. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're low-quality, and it's a very minor issue for me. What's troublesome is that same pattern of trying to spin the facts (ie: 60% "Made in the USA"), and then threatening us with frivolous lawsuits or financial ruin if we tell people the truth.

It's truly unethical, and I'm glad that we're documenting it permanently in our wiki.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Here's the Wikipedia page on anecdotal evidence: Anecdotal evidence. Anecdotes are fine for the forum, and for the Company Reviews section too. However, we want the wiki article to be more even-handed.

My concern isn't really with StreetBeast cars, it's with StreetBeasts as a company. Specifically, their history of fraud, their current use of fraud on this forum (for example, impersonating Curt Scott in an attempt to threaten me), their aggressive use of spin techniques, and their use of fear tactics to attempt to create a chilling effect, such that we won't speak up about them. The court docs demonstrate very clearly that they have a history consistent with such behavior.

Very similar situation with the Eaton Compressor lawsuit threat. It's no surprise at all to me that their parts are Chinese-manufactured. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're low-quality, and it's a very minor issue for me. What's troublesome is that same pattern of trying to spin the facts (ie: 60% "Made in the USA"), and then threatening us with frivolous lawsuits or financial ruin if we tell people the truth.

It's truly unethical, and I'm glad that we're documenting it permanently in our wiki.
Off subject, but if you want to give them my personal information, they can sue me for all the bills they want.

Jason

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.