StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 47 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Here's the Wikipedia page on anecdotal evidence: Anecdotal evidence. Anecdotes are fine for the forum, and for the Company Reviews section too. However, we want the wiki article to be more even-handed.

My concern isn't really with StreetBeast cars, it's with StreetBeasts as a company. Specifically, their history of fraud, their current use of fraud on this forum (for example, impersonating Curt Scott in an attempt to threaten me), their aggressive use of spin techniques, and their use of fear tactics to attempt to create a chilling effect, such that we won't speak up about them. The court docs demonstrate very clearly that they have a history consistent with such behavior.

Very similar situation with the Eaton Compressor lawsuit threat. It's no surprise at all to me that their parts are Chinese-manufactured. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're low-quality, and it's a very minor issue for me. What's troublesome is that same pattern of trying to spin the facts (ie: 60% "Made in the USA"), and then threatening us with frivolous lawsuits or financial ruin if we tell people the truth.

It's truly unethical, and I'm glad that we're documenting it permanently in our wiki.
"unethical" seems to be running rampent these days. The "engine builder" across the parking lot from me, is charging $15.00's a day storage, on engines he has built, untill they are picked up.

"Quality & Honesty" is my business moto, and he "scoff's at that, also I appreciate your commitment to the same.

Stephen

Advertisement

Last edited by carsavvycook; 08-31-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 03:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
The engine builder across the parking lot from me is charging $15.00 a day storage on engines he has built until they are picked up.
"If a person has repaired, furnished supplies or materials, towed or stored a vehicle AND has not been paid for the services rendered, that person has a lien against the vehicle. The lien arises at the time the registered owner is presented with a written statement of charges for completed work or services."

Source:

Mechanic's lien
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanics_lien
Old 08-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsters
"If a person has repaired, furnished supplies or materials, towed or stored a vehicle AND has not been paid for the services rendered, that person has a lien against the vehicle. The lien arises at the time the registered owner is presented with a written statement of charges for completed work or services."

Source:

Mechanic's lien
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanics_lien
This is a little off subject of what is being discussed here, but you are speaking of mechanic's liens, the original subject concerns storage fees, and the fact that some people/companies will tell you one estimate, but always seem to snowball the deal.

Jason

Last edited by 41willys; 08-31-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

He requires deposits on every job he does. I have heard customers of his complain, that they have paid the original estimate price, and he is asking them for more money to finish the job.(to get parts, or whatever)

My customers know I will not use him, to even surface a flywheel, even though he is right across the parking lot from me.

Let me add, he is not a licensed repair facility, and he has 6 vehicles in the lot, with engines out, and has pushed 2 onto the street. He also quotes job's real cheap(to seal the deal) then jack's up the price. Most of these vehicles have been here over 1 year. One was torn apart when I opened up 2 years ago, and is still apart.

When you look up "unethical" in the dictionary, it should show him.

Last edited by carsavvycook; 08-31-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast Sales Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
The sad thing is the company makes a pretty decent product, its the horror show that the unsuspecting customer is put though, that should be a really happy time, building your first hot rod
The Art of the Street beast Sale: How it Works

1. Customer call in for Catalog ( Called a HOT LEAD, he/she is qualified as to name,address,phone#,experience in building, job?, and asked if $18,ooo for a project like this is within their budget. If yes to all the above,catalog is mailed.

If the customer was a disabled vet,unemployed, waiting for a settlement, workman's comp etc, was thrown in trash.

If Customer was incredibly Interested and sounded like he was ready to order
soon, we would do what we called a HOT CALL SLAM! which we would tell the customer that we had a situation at this time that a customer 2 years ago bought a (whatever car they were interested) at the Street rod nationals, put down a substantial deposit, bought $3000 in options, has been paying on our layaway plan for the last 2 years. His Wife called in yesterday, hes in the hospital ,and it doesn't look like hes going to be able to finish the order. My accounting dept has given me the authorization to transfer the kit to another customer at the balance he owed on it, which was always $7000 cheaper cause remember ,we sold the kits for $12,000 which was our bottom line on the first call.

If the customer bit the deal, we would fax or email info and close deal with deposit .

2. "THE R LEAD" Recycled leads : We had 30 days to sell the initial lead, after that it would be expired and then would be reissued to another salesman as an "R" Lead. The pitch for the "R" lead was that we were calling from the operations dept"The Factory", that the computer had generated their name that they were picked for a Factory Direct price , Most customer say at this point that the salesmen had a great deal to begin with, but we say this is actually $2000 below his price, A one time One shot deal !! Our bottom line on the "R" Lead was $11,995 on a 34 Coupe.

THE "RR" Lead DOUBLE R : These were all leads that were never sold and were primarily used for new salesman in traing to get their feet wet.

So ....If you going to buy one actually wait till the 2nd call and you hear FACTORY OPERATIONS PITCH, thats the lowest price you will get .
Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
...this coming from "REAL OLD" guys, (maybe in their 50's & 60's)...
Jason,

You better be on red alert...Henry Highrise and I might just have to sneak up and whack you with our shuffleboard sticks!!!!!!! That is if we can break away from our Metamucil Margaritas.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
Jason,

You better be on red alert...Henry Highrise and I might just have to sneak up and whack you with our shuffleboard sticks!!!!!!! That is if we can break away from our Metamucil Margaritas.
Now that is funny!!!

A good laugh to start off the day. Almost had some coffee come out my nose.

Jason
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,147 Posts
Quote:
but we say this is actually $2000 below his price, A one time One shot deal !! .
God how disingenuous the "one time deal" is. When I was in sales I NEVER, EVER used it, it is such BULL CHIT.

For years I have responded to it when tried on me, "So, if I call you up next week with that amount of cash in my hand you are going to tell me to go to hell?"

I had dual pane windows installed in my home a few years ago. I got "estimates" from a number of venders. The "estimates" were all within a few dollars and it was more about an "interview" with the company more than the money. I had one guy come by in a Vette, a slick suit, and the "one time deal" God he was imbarrassing to real salesmen. Anyway, when I said no, he had a "contract" for me to sign saying I was refusing this offer and it would not be offered again! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I signed it, looked him right in the eye and said, "man, I must be a dumb *** for missing out on this", and smiled.

The next guy came in and gave me the estimate telling me it was good for six months and call him any time. I called him the next day and made the deal. And it was for more money than Mr Vette! Poor dumb bas-tard.

Brian
Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Last photo:

Never Before Seen Photo's -inside Streetbeast !!

[IMG][/IMG]
The Reception Desk

[IMG][/IMG]

The Boiler Room

The Sales Board- Looking pretty Sad!! 7 Deals for the whole month!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Last photo:

Ok...so you burg'd the place at 0'DarkThirty and took some pics, dosen't prove a thing....but I do like that Reception Desk!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

if someone is good enough to clean up that events calander, we might be able to read it, but I can't... however, it does appear that there are 7 names on the board, and then 2 more.. and it appears that it is for May.. what it means I don't know..
Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,147 Posts
What in the living hell is going on here? Pictures from inside the place? Have any with the pres in a fishnet stockings and a mini skirt with a bottle of booze in his hand?

Brian
Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 AM

Last photo:

This just gets better and better!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 AM

Last photo:

Streetbeast wiki article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
This just gets better and better!

How come its not on the Home page anymore? My contacts have told me that this site is creating a whole bunch of problems for streetbeast, that the legal team is on there way to Boulder Colorado to see Mr. Jon Rubenstein who owns this site.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
How come its not on the Home page anymore? My contacts have told me that this site is creating a whole bunch of problems for streetbeast, that the legal team is on there way to Boulder Colorado to see Mr. Jon Rubenstein who owns this site.

It has special emphasis in the Tech Articles WIKI and noted on the first page - and was put there a couple of weeks ago and, if memory serves me, noted as such by Jon at that time.

Jon - are you going to serve the "legal team' coffee or just let 'em hang??

Dave

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.