StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 08:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Don't Do It.

Don't buy a street beasts car. I own a 41 willys, they are junk. I have had this car for 2 years now, and it will be very nice when it is done. The problems have been never but I will have spent about 5000 more than I needed to if the everything they told me was true. It's my fault though, I should have researched lot more. The biggest problems I have encountered are as follows:

1. 1 piece body.
How do you set a body level on the frame when the floor is bonded in 1"higher on the left than the right? A; CUT, CUT,CUT.
Q; How do you fit a big block? A; you cut lot.
Q; How do you pull engine? A; remove the whole body or cut the fenders off.
Q; Why do they offer to sand to 600 grit? A; so the it doesn't shine, then you won't see how much bodywork is required.
Q; How do you mount a body level on the frame when the front end hits the ground before it touches the frame with the suspension set up as the recommend? A; Shim with wood according to tech support. Real answer is to cut and Z the frame, which by the way is a good Idea because when I started looking I notice several very bad welds.
Q; How do you fix a body when it out of square? A; YOU DON"T!

2. Frame
-Bad welds
-bad engineering, they save about $12.00 be using 2x4 instead of 2x6. if you have any amount of power you will get a lot of twist.
-Frame was not square.

3. Fiberglass
-Doors laminated together in a jig? passenger fit good with some shimming of the hinges. Drivers door is twisted about 3/4" and can't be adjusted. CUT, CUT, CUT.
-Same with the trunk lid. No adjustment here, you just cut and re-bond.
-Hood was placed on car and the center was resting the body and the sides were up 1/2'' on both sides. Push down on one side and the other comes up 1".

4. Hardware is junk
-The hinges are made out of 1/4" flat stock and are not even close to the rite shape. I could open the door only 6''. I'd have to lose a lot of weight to get thru that.
-the headlight trim rings are a joke. they show nice chrome
and give you a piece of white fiberglass that was cut out with a rotozip. there weren't even screw wholes, just little indentetions that weren't even close to the shape they should be.
-Headlight lenses are plastic also rough cut with a RotoZip.
- Grill did not fit the opening. had to grind the opening and ad fiberglass behind because it was to thin.
-Grill is not symetrical.
-Windshield opening not rite, as always grind and fill.

There are many other smaller problems as well I am documenting everything and will post photos on my website when finished.

If anyone tells you Street Beast is a good deal get away. They are either not a friend of yours, or are of very low integrity, they didn't build one or they are to embarrassed to admit they got screwed.

My advise is; Spend the extra few $$. buy a kit from a repretable company and save lot of time, money, sanity, and heartache.

There are some good kit out there and these guys just aren't one of them.
GOOOD LLLLLLUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

Next post will be on JandRstreetrods, they are not as bad but darn close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2004, 01:00 PM

well i do agree with some of the problems . they at street beast have take the time and adreesed a lot of the stuff you wrote of such as the frame was changed hood and trunk fit much better the drive door still need to be cut when i got my car

hi again i also wanted to address the hardware and interior the supplied the headlights where junk but they made good on those buy getting me a set of willys replacement also the made my interior kit from my material . I JUST THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO GET BETTER . I did look at a lot of kits out their and there is a lot of junk out there far worse than there's. I wanted to say now that I have fit all my panel's my gaps are great . I will say that i feel most of what makes there problems with there car are them in the way that they make you feel the car is for a novice . But when most guys get one they find it to complicated . i worked through my problem and now feel i have a very strong good body

Last edited by kiccs2000; 12-11-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:50 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Street beasts were once in business as Classic carrage,, out of florida,,, they had so much trouble by not supplying everything they promised and having such a poor quality product,, and had so many law suits from this that they had to declare bankrupcy and come back as street beasts,, that alone should be enough to make you run the other way,,,
Personally ,, I have never owned a street beast, but I have done lots of repair work on them,, NOTHING fits, If I were looking for a kit to build,, and ask for advise like you have and got so many replys as to how bad a product the street beast is,, that would make up my mind in a hurry,,, FORGET about street beast,, also I would not reccromend a RATS GLASS body,, another piece of crap,,I just finished building a 33 RATS GLASS coupe for a customer,, not much different than S/B,,,
Some of the good bodys on the market are GIBBONS,, DOWNS,, WESCOTT,, OUTLAW,, RAVEN is also a pretty good body.
If this is your first go at building a car,,, why don't you find a project that someone has started,, theres alot to building a car. I'm by no means trying to discourage you ,, just that it is a big step and takes alot of tools,, I hope you find a good kit and good luck,, BILL
Old 12-11-2004, 08:03 PM

hi bill i am a bit crazy so i am taking the time to make my street beast willys a nice car . I know that there are other but i feel if i can finish this car and make it as nice as i want than i can build any thing . also i am a tool junkie so i have a very extreme set of tool
Old 12-11-2004, 08:22 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I didn't realise it when I replyed to this thread that it was started way back in 2001,,[ should pay better attention I guess]after reading most of the replys that were made. I think the majority thinks the S/B bodys are junk,, that is their opinion,, and since I have done work on them,, I stand by my commentment that I also feel they are junk,,, and would NEVER buy one, again my OPINION
I did not intend to imply that you didn't have the skills to build a car,, just that it is a lot of work,,if that is the way it was taken ,,, then I appoligize,,, sometimes its hard to make a point without offending some one,, maybe thats why I mostly read the posts and keep my comments to myself,, I hope the car turns out great,, I'm sure it will,,, Time and patience,, Bill
Old 12-11-2004, 09:49 PM

Wink

hi not offended at all some times wish i had choose anther kit . but all my cars before have won national events in there classes i will be willing to make this darn thing nice no matter what it takes. I just think that i will be great to show some my skill can over come any problems . every ones opinion whether bad or good just will make mine that much better . and to bill your opinion was not offending in any way i think it is a good one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6a_1_s.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	3309  
Old 08-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I have a 34 coupe from street beast i made a lot of changes to mine the body is very nice,but you have to through the Manuel away,Do not build the car the way they say to build it.you can't take the body of the frame.I can show you how to make it removable ,I completely re-glass the trunk,and tubed it out.technical support said it will never work the way i did it.So I sent some pics to street beast,And i was asked to come to street beast.the body is very strong,I checked the body next to a real one,And there is not as much difference as everybody say's,People build glass cars to be different anyway.No one i ever seen built a glass car to look originally.( not even an out law body)If i was to do another body i would build a out law!But i'm happy so far with the way my car is coming out.I will help anybody that would like the help!mine was a CCM. In i didn't get screwed ,In i am a very good friend to who ever want's to be my friend.I don't know you guy's but if you guy's like cars you are a friend of mine!!!!even if you don't like what i do!I love a hard car to build! It only makes you a better car builder.

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 08-27-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
.......I checked the body next to a real one,And there is not as much difference as everybody say's......
My condolences on owning a StreetBeast. I only have one comment though. Are you blind per chance???? Next to a real 33-34 Ford a StreetBeast looks like a toy.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Last photo:

I must be blind!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I must be blind!!!!
That would be my guess...when you revive a three year old thread.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Last photo:

When i add to one of these threads it's for the people that will go back to this in read one day.I don't care how old it is,It's still information .I read some of these old threads there are some good thing here .If its old in no more good, then why not get Reid of them.It's a shame how some of yall put down people on here.I hate to see the people that did you something Wrong.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Last journal entry: Roller Rockers
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Can you post pics of how you modified the beast? I'll never buy one, but I'd like to see how you did it. Research. I'm all about the research.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 PM

Last photo:

Yes i can ,I have some in my album ,But i will be adding some more.Thanks for not being insulting,I will add some soon.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

New Interiors,

Are you still posting here?

My father and will be purchasing a StreetBeasts 34 Cabriolet and I've learned lots just from reading your posts and viewing your pics.

Jay K.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
New Interiors,

Are you still posting here?

My father and will be purchasing a StreetBeasts 34 Cabriolet and I've learned lots just from reading your posts and viewing your pics.
Jay K.
Tell you father not to do it, it is terrible investment.

Vince

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.