StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 52 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

It could also be a good cop/bad cop type of situation. He poses as a "good" whistleblower, and he proves inside access by posting the pics from StreetBeasts's office. Then, in his very next post, he says that their "legal team" is on their way to see me.

What's really fascinating is how the theme of falsified identity is carrying through this whole episode. Not just StreetbeastOptsMan pretending to be Curt Scott, or the Marc Gold/Marc Goldberg connection. Look at the Marc Goldberg guy in the photobucket pics, or in this video of him fooling tourists into thinking that he's Bruce Willis. Even in "real" life, he tricks people into thinking he's someone that he's not.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've just gotten a very "Bad" Headache trying to keep up with Twists and Turns of this thread..............The End result still doesn't change.....Street Beast's .....Markets, Promotes, and Sells..........."Junk"...

Ken
Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
"Street Beasts" are "JUNK".........Bottom line............If you don't understand that fact, then you don't have a "Clue".........
Quote:
Jay..............You're "Kidding"...........Right...............It will be Interesting to see if you are still such a supporter of Street Beasts after you get a Better understanding of what you got yourself involved in........Right now you are a "Babe" in the Woods........
Quote:
Hummmm!!!.......So..........I want to build a Street Rod.........Hummmmmm!!!.....Let's see........Starting with the Chassis.......Hummmmm!!!!..........

So far, with all of your posts, it has been information like this, provided by you. When have you ever dealt with one of these cars? You show one post, but yet have a few in the lounge threads, yet you seem to know so much about Street Beast. We all know they are shady, that is understood. Most of us agree that their 34's and 33's are not well liked, but can be done very nicely. It just seems you like to call them "junk" when it does not seem that you have ANY experience with them. It is always really easy to say or post things when all you really know is hearsay.

This is about their business practices, not so much the cars themselves, although at the same time it is. If that make sense. I guess I should say the majority of the topic is the business side of their company.

Jason
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
This is about their business practices, not so much the cars themselves, although at the same time it is. If that make sense. I guess I should say the majority of the topic is the business side of their company.
Point well taken. I don't know about others but my entire reason for joining in this thread was because of the unprofessional business responses from Streetbeast personel including threats to individual members and the administrator of the site.

If they had come on here, answered questions in a straighforward, professional manner, dealt with the fraud issues in an honest way, and not inflamed people with their "bust their chops" attitude, I wouldn't have uttered a peep. Instead they have succeded in turning me into yet another highly suspicious hotrodder who would go to great lengths warning people to be cautious when doing business with this outfit.

The debate about looks and accuracy of the replication are not going be a game breaker for this company. But the quality of construction and treatment of their customer base will, over the long term, decide their fate.

The explosive growth of the internet can work in a good company's favor...or to a bad company's detriment. It's not 1980 anymore. Word travels fast around here and for anyone capable of doing a little homework, company reputations are quick and easy to determine.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
..................... The debate about looks and accuracy of the replication are not going be a game breaker for this company. But the quality of construction and treatment of their customer base will, over the long term, decide their fate.

The explosive growth of the internet can work in a good company's favor...or to a bad company's detriment. It's not 1980 anymore. Word travels fast around here and for anyone capable of doing a little homework, company reputations are quick and easy to determine.
WOW! That just about sums it up.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
Point well taken. I don't know about others but my entire reason for joining in this thread was because of the unprofessional business responses from Streetbeast personel including threats to individual members and the administrator of the site.

If they had come on here, answered questions in a straighforward, professional manner, dealt with the fraud issues in an honest way, and not inflamed people with their "bust their chops" attitude, I wouldn't have uttered a peep. Instead they have succeded in turning me into yet another highly suspicious hotrodder who would go to great lengths warning people to be cautious when doing business with this outfit.

The debate about looks and accuracy of the replication are not going be a game breaker for this company. But the quality of construction and treatment of their customer base will, over the long term, decide their fate.

No one else could have explained this better.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:

Quote:
So far, with all of your posts, it has been information like this, provided by you. When have you ever dealt with one of these cars? You show one post, but yet have a few in the lounge threads, yet you seem to know so much about Street Beast. We all know they are shady, that is understood. Most of us agree that their 34's and 33's are not well liked, but can be done very nicely. It just seems you like to call them "junk" when it does not seem that you have ANY experience with them. It is always really easy to say or post things when all you really know is hearsay.

Jason

Jason.....................I have been building Street Rods and involved in the Hobby since the "First" Nationals in Peoria........After building many Steel and Glass cars and using parts from Quality manufacturers and watching them "Grow" with the Sport......I have always been concerned with "Spending" Money wisely on "Quality" parts that went together fairly easily to Minimize the Dollar Investment and Maximize the "Investment" value of the finished product.......Now.......With that said......Anyone with any experience building "Quality" cars will take one look at the 33-34 Beast and run from it.........I have turned down even finishing one for a guy...because it was a "Cobbled" piece of "JUNK"..........Could it be saved or made "Very" nice......Of Course.........But at what "Value" and Effort...........
The Chassis and Suspensions they put together look like a backyard Blacksmith built them.......That's why I posted the Pictures of the "Quality" manufacturers next to the Street Beast Chassis.......The Educated Buyer would choose which one????.........The first Timer might fall for the Boiler Room Sales pitch and then it's too late.....All the Intentions are in the right place, but the first Timer won't realize what he has bitten into until it's too Late......Again......I only have experience with the 33-34.....But......That's enough

Ken
Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

That is exactly the point!

I just get irritated at people, regardless of the subject, jumping in and stating things that they have zero knowledge on. For instance, the quotes I posted, what did that have to do with the price of tea in China? Pun intended.

As you all know, sure is some fishy things going on now, things went really wacko the past few days. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Who is ready for the weekend? Time to get it out and play some (the car that is).

Jason
Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Well, I can and can't agree with you Ken. While it seems all will agree with the 33's and 34's being crap, again, many have been completed very nicely, as stated.

I retract my statement about you not knowing about them then. To be honest, it just seemed strange that the only time you posted anything, it was a bunch of jumbled statements about them being junk. Most realize that.

It is not about my car, I had my problems, but also expected them. I love the thing now, and it gets a lot of attention even in primer, and a lot of complements. Especially, wow that is a Street Beast. Most people are surprised that a SB can turn out good. I am fully aware of why that is, due to this thread. Also, have personally seen a 33 "Vicki" completed, but it was a lot of work for him, but turned out beautiful. I have also seen a few 34's that were really nice too, even next to steel cars, and obviously different from them.

I am 33 years old, have quite a bit of experience, from which I thank my dad. If it were not from him during the build, it would have been hectic, not afraid to admit it.

Jason
Old 09-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
Wonder what he's compensating for with that big cigar?

I don't think he looked a bit like Bruce Willis..even with the glasses..(who the hell would want to look like him anyway?)

Thanks for saving the pics Jon, we'll have some fun with those...

Later, mikey

Actually I thought he looked more like the guy who played Ben Grimm in the movie "Fantastic Four", Michael Chiklis.

Sorry Michael, didn't want to dis-ya!

Mmmmm...Jessica Alba!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
.........Who is ready for the weekend? Time to get it out and play some (the car that is).

Jason
I'd love to get out in the garage but my lug nuts haven't shown up yet. (Yes I live so far out in the sticks that my local Napa store didn't even have any in stock.) So.... I'll be out in the yard moving rocks instead.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I'd love to get out in the garage but my lug nuts haven't shown up yet. (Yes I live so far out in the sticks that my local Napa store didn't even have any in stock.) So.... I'll be out in the yard moving rocks instead.

Yeah, that would make it hard to get things when you need them. I have to work tomorrow, but I would much rather be moving rocks at home, well, I say that now.

Jason
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

I'll bet Streetbeastoptsman got fired from Streetbeast and became Streetbeastinsider...posting all that stuff for revenge.

Or maybe Streetbeastoptsman, after reading all of the posts here, and realizing what a sham company he worked for, quit, and became Streetbeastinsider, and posted all of that stuff about SB sales tactics to make himself right with society again....

Just a thought...

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,321 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
I'll bet Streetbeastoptsman got fired from Streetbeast and became Streetbeastinsider...posting all that stuff for revenge.

Or maybe Streetbeastoptsman, after reading all of the posts here, and realizing what a sham company he worked for, quit, and became Streetbeastinsider, and posted all of that stuff about SB sales tactics to make himself right with society again....

Just a thought...

Later, mikey
You mean after all those years as a sleezy con-artist we at Hotrodders gave him a conscience and he renounced his old ways and came back to the serve society?

HOLY CRAP, we need to get on some political forums where DC insiders discuss the topics of the day!

Brian
Old 09-06-2008, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

Streetbeast Mexican Car

Quote:
Well, I can and can't agree with you Ken. While it seems all will agree with the 33's and 34's being crap, again, many have been completed very nicely, as stated.

I retract my statement about you not knowing about them then. To be honest, it just seemed strange that the only time you posted anything, it was a bunch of jumbled statements about them being junk. Most realize that.

It is not about my car, I had my problems, but also expected them. I love the thing now, and it gets a lot of attention even in primer, and a lot of complements. Especially, wow that is a Street Beast. Most people are surprised that a SB can turn out good. I am fully aware of why that is, due to this thread. Also, have personally seen a 33 "Vicki" completed, but it was a lot of work for him, but turned out beautiful. I have also seen a few 34's that were really nice too, even next to steel cars, and obviously different from them.

I am 33 years old, have quite a bit of experience, from which I thank my dad. If it were not from him during the build, it would have been hectic, not afraid to admit it.

Jason

Heres one from my country when they were making them in mexico for 4 years when Hans Mueler ran the company

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.