StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 56 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
What amazes me is who someone so stupid could run a business with dimwits like these and actually make money!

Just my opinion.

Brian
Ha ha ha ha.........Ain't that the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Dry Heat

Last journal entry: along the weird tale..
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am NOT an attorney..but I do have a professional experience in these issues.

The most negative and potentially libelous posts are those by Streetbeast (self admitted or discovered )personnel (or "ex-employee ).
The characterization of sales practices, shoddy workmanship, the interference with competitors sales, are all actionable, and admitted to in these posts.

In the course of the "research" I think the tort damage is actually of these posters. The comments made after the inciting comments are in response to statements..response to fictitious posters with known IPs.

Further, my understanding is, you commit slander or libel, with FALSE statements. It is not libel to post a court document, a adjudicated settlement, or factual incident.

A company or person that posts libelous statements about ITSELF and attempts to claim to be harmed would be very..very foolish.

It will be interesting to see if this is just blowhard BS..or true stupidity..
Old 09-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Lost in the 60's

Its BS and stupidity. Do a simple search on the net and you will find similar threads like this on may other car sites. They are not going to sue anybody...they do not have any grounds ,and they should know that and their lawyers certainly should know it.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Dry Heat

Last journal entry: along the weird tale..
Last photo:

Henry

I aggree it's stupity and BS..

However..I have been through this..I run a web site also. That there are similar threads anywhere else is not a defense.
The other threads stand on there own..UNLESS..alleged to have been after the thread here and related by a poster or mod OR admin..or less directly a reader..then it becomes the planitiffs issue of harm...with discovery of course.

The issue as Jon states is clear..no false statements by anyone other than the SB posters..or allegations without merit are cause for frivilous suit.

"But Dad..the other kids are doing it..is not a defense."

One of the best checks I have cashed was a judgement against a plaintiff on a suit deemed fraudulent. Court costs, attorney costs, my time..my staff..and a nice punitive judgement..

Attempting to stifle or "tie-up" in court by means of fraud or frivilous suit can be rewarding to the defendant..

Last edited by Docc; 09-11-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

PT Barnum said something about there is a sucker born every minute and sometimes the hard part of sales is to keep the sucker from screwing themselves..

Anyway I digress and will say that most problems we create for ourselves and Streetbeast is a good example of an outfit that created their own issues..

I bet the most amount of time spent here is helping some guy unwad some problem that he created for himself by trying the cheapo route or expecting a result that is not possible given the amount of time and resource necessary to do a good job of what ever he is doing..

End of rant..

Sam
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I was watching the NASCAR truck race on the boob tube yesterday and happened to catch a Street Beast ad. It actually was quite well done, but what I caught was the announcer stating that they had been building these for over 30 years. This kinda puts their statement that they are really different company after paying their "debts" and others have purchased and are running the company
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I was watching the NASCAR truck race on the boob tube yesterday and happened to catch a Street Beast ad. It actually was quite well done, but what I caught was the announcer stating that they had been building these for over 30 years. This kinda puts their statement that they are really different company after paying their "debts" and others have purchased and are running the company
Its amazing what a slick advertising agency can do. BUT.... just like everything else with Streetbeast, the FACTS always seem to conflict with their statements. The real sad thing is that some people will fall for that crap. However most NASCAR fans I know are smart enough not to. Maybe they would have better luck advertising on the Home Shopping Network.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I noticed that 30 year comment in a text ad in Motor trend or one of those the other day myself. Yep, pretty tasty ads.

Brian
Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Theres a thread on the HAMB now about how sorry the Street Beast is

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=1#post3120477

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM

Last photo:

DEUCE,
Yea...I stuck this 21 page thread in it (H.A.M.B. board). Then they closed the thread. Maybe the Beastie Boys lawyers sent them a "Nasty-Gram"...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 345 desoto
DEUCE,
Yea...I stuck this 21 page thread in it (H.A.M.B. board). Then they closed the thread. Maybe the Beastie Boys lawyers sent them a "Nasty-Gram"...
Yeh right! With threads like this all over the net they would have to have a big legal team to waste their money on.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 345 desoto
DEUCE,
Looking through their site, I now know why this site is #1 on the web.

Can somebody give us the 'flag'? (with no BS on it)

This is now at 56 pages, not 21 pages.

Last edited by carsavvycook; 09-14-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
Looking through their site, I now know why this site is #1 on the web.

Can somebody give us the 'flag'? (with no BS on it)

This is now at 56 pages, not 21 pages.
If you go to your user cp, select "options" and find the menu box that shows thread display options and then choose to display 40 posts per page...this thread is 21 pages long..

To add a little to what Docc posted a few posts back...
There are numerous instances where someone has been taken to court because of what they wrote on an internet blog or forum. These were usually a person who made false statements to cause emotional distress, or tarnish anothers reputation..Some actually lose these cases, and have settlements brought against them. Some judges are looking at libel law differently, and in the future there may be some changes in how we are able to exercise our freedom of speech.

Some interesting reading...
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...s-courts_x.htm

Or this one, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/us/16myspace.html

Here is one that was persued ,and won, even though the plaintiff knew upfront that the defendant had no ability to pay.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...ion-case_x.htm

Done for the principle of the thing...I guess

One more interesting story, just because I came across it..
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53152

I don't think that Streetbeast suing for slander or libel is going to be the case here, as all of the statements made here by the regular members are true, easily verified, and the comments made about the history of Streetbeast sales and fulfillment tactics are documented as well.

treetbeast insider may have something to worry about though, as it seems like many of his statements about how the company operates fall within the time period that the other posters affiliated with SB say they have mended their ways.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 09-15-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:37 AM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Whew! I've just had the dubious pleasure (and advantage) of reading this thread from start to finish without having to wait for it to play out in real time. Hollyweird can't make 'em like this. My sleaze-ball alarm is nearly worn out.

The legal threats remind me of a 'sig' I've seen on Groklaw: "Behind every sleazy lawyer is a sleazy client". After all that's taken place, I suggest that no one should expect to be secure from litigation harassment just because such harassment doesn't make any sense.

IMO, this needs to be treated like the Monkey Boys incident -- with research and source documents coming from all directions. Piles of verifiable facts have a way of discouraging all but the most determined of those who use litigation as an intimidation tactic.

To add some to the documents already posted in this thread, and using a resource Centerline pointed to early on, I've attached some PDFs generated by and at Sunbiz.org, Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. These documents appear to reveal an unbroken line of association between George A. Levin and Auto Resolution, Inc. from April, 1996 to April, 2008. (There are more of those "Annual Report" documents available at that link. The site cautions you to see the documents "if question or conflict". IIUC, the PDFs are generated on-the-fly from the TIFF images, so you can't link directly to the PDFs).

Note the signature on the 10814801.pdf (2005-06-30): "JOHANNES MEIJER", "CEO". That almost matches the "Hans Meijer" that was said to have written the letter to the Miami New Times. (Note the "Auto Resolutions Inc. /Street Beasts" after the name on that letter). I think it was the self-styled "insider" who posted something about a "Hans Meuer".

Wish these people would stabilize their names.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CH000725.pdf (128.4 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf 41793001.pdf (49.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf H0146091.pdf (43.6 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf 10814801.pdf (21.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf 80672918.pdf (19.2 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by grouch; 10-04-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling, etc.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 AM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal George
I just got done reading though this whole thread as well,

[...]
I doubt that you "just got done reading [sic]".

I doubt that you have anything to do with "[l]egal".

I doubt that you know very much about this at all, except possibly what someone is feeding you.

You may want to review SCO v. Novell, SCO v. IBM, SCO v. Daimler-Chrysler, SCO v. AutoZone, and pay particular attention to the documents filed in support of the counterclaims in each of those, as SCO's continuous PR machine at the outset of those cases provided ample ammunition for each defendant. SCO is still trying to wiggle out from under the weight of that PR circus, while in bankruptcy.

I hope Jon ignores you completely and allows you to dig your grave as deep as you please.

Last edited by Centerline; 10-04-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Other.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.