StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 58 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 06:50 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docc
So..the answer is NO...
what was the question again?

You wanted some sort of retribution paid to you for building one of our cars?

Or just the retro active changes installed on your particular car.

Isn't that like saying I want ford to put a EFI 5.0 in my 66 mustang because they changed the motor later on?

Or that Henry Ford the second had a 1965 Mustang coupe with a 271 HiPo and lather seats and all I got was a lousy six and stick to my *** vinyl?

Show me what you had problems with and I'll see what I can do about it. I do so on a case by case basis, however if you want any sort of refund or credit for work you did during the build of your car, I'd like a documented example of any other fiberglass street rod/ Kit Car company that has pay you to "fix" design flaws on their car during the process of your build of their car.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for your example.....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 07:15 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

Quote:
My guess is that Streetbeasts ship them unassembled in the hopes that so much time passes between the time the customer recieves the crate full of parts and the time that they actually get a door on the car that they can't possibly have any recourse...or they just give up.
That statement is one of the most redicules so far. No company can sustain business in a "hope they give up" manner.

Just goes to show most of you just want to slam SB.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Nice try but totally wrong. When someone takes parts and pieces from many manufacturers and assembles a car he EXPECTS a lot of mods and custom fitting will be required. When someone buys a Streetbeast (according to all the slick advertising) he should be able to assemble the car with no problems. That's IF you believe the advertising which we all know is a joke.
So let me see if I get this right, if you knew when buying the car that
Street Beast expected you to build it, fit it, and modify it then it would be OK?

It's a car in a crate that you have to put it together, and Street Beast has never said it was anything but a car you the owner have to put together.

Oddly enough this is what most "street rodders" consider as a viable alternative to Street beasts cars.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
That statement is one of the most redicules so far. No company can sustain business in a "hope they give up" manner.

Slam Streetbeast?? If you want to read people slamming Streetbeast all you need to do is log on to almost any automotive forum on the net. Its not just us and the slamming is well deserved.

Streetbeast has been selling their so called "kits" for a long time. Their slick advertising entices novices in to calling and then SB's high pressure sales people bully them into making a purchase. Thats when the real trouble starts.

A Streetbeast isn't unbuildable but for a novice or first time builder it is a huge undertaking, something their sales people forget to mention. According to them they just bolt together which is far from the truth. That's why so many "unbuilt" Streetbeast kits are for sale on e-bay and other places.

Streetbeast prays on a segment of the market that generally is uneducated in the requirements and commitment needed to build a car from the ground up. A Streetbeast takes much more work than any typical street rod because you have to make so many modifications just to get the thing to work. It's not like buying a deuce frame from TCI and bolting on a glass body from Wescott and then adding a set of original fenders you picked up on e-bay. All that stuff will pretty much bolt together and work well. A Streetbeast however won't go together anywhere near as easily even though it is a one piece affair. That in and of itself is another fault in their design but we'll leave that subject for another discussion.

Actually when it comes to Streetbeast the term "kit" is a misnomer. Its really just a pile of parts that will become a car only IF you have enough time, commitment, and knowledge to make it work. To say their advertising is misleading is an understatement.

Companies like Streetbeast are BAD FOR THE HOBBY. They prey on the newcomer just to make a buck. They're dishonest and they have no sense of responsibility to their customers or the hobby. If anyone doubts this just check their past record. It might be believable that a company could change its spots IF it had new owners and management every time it changed its name, but in the case of Fiberfab/CMC/Streetbeast the same management and ownership has been there the entire time. To put it as delicately as I can..... once a slime ball, always a slime ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra

Oddly enough this is what most "street rodders" consider as a viable alternative to Street beasts cars.
And a much better car it will make too.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Quote:

Slam Streetbeast?? If you want to read people slamming Streetbeast all you need to do is log on to almost any automotive forum on the net. Its not just us and the slamming is well deserved.
My point was, making post based on "my guess is"
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:

I just wonder W H Y you are so dedicated to defending StreetBeasts. I have looked at your Pontiac collection and I do not see a single Street Rod or StreetBeast in you garage ( nice garage ... By the way ).

If you owned one ... or worked for StreetBeast ( doubtful ... because of your South Carolina residence ) I might could understand it.

All I see in your projects are factory built, production vehicles that you have changed around and modified. NO ground up cars ... starting with a frame and ending up with a car. Nothing wrong with that ... but does make me wonder

How about explain this position of yours.

1) How you come to feel this way
2) What experiences you have had with StreetBeast
3) WHY you feel like StreetBeast has been wronged ... along with a little proof.

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
My point was, making post based on "my guess is"
I did not make my entire post based on that statement.

The rest of my post was giving a counterpoint view to what Grandpa Cobra wrote comparing assembly procedures.

I worked for Poli Form Fiberglass, for 13 years, from '85-98, and while I worked there, I personally built and assembled over 120 1934 Ford coupe replica bodies. I also designed and built much of the production tooling and fixturing for any new body related products or upgrades to our existing line while I was there. I worked with proficiency in every department, including tooling, laminating and the office, and even went to the national goodguys and NSRA shows, working the vendors booth as a factory rep. My last position there before I opened my own streetrod shop in '98 was as shop foreman. You can call Poli-Form's owner today and he will verify all of that. Dick Williams has owned the company since it's start in 1967, with no name changes or changes in ownership.

My points in this thread come from experience, and guessing that a company like Streetbeast operates the same way that a snake oil salesman would, is based on the fact that they have changed their name so many times, in order to hide their past, don't follow through with their promises and sell a product that is inferior when compared to almost every other reputable fiberglass body manufacturer in business today.

Snake oil salesmen are out of town before their customers figure out that what they bought is not what they were promised. If you are unable to see the similarities, then I can only consider your viewpoint flawed and uneducated..

They are still trying to hide from their past, why else would they try to pull the wiki article that documents and collects their history?

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 11-25-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
They are still trying to hide from their past, why else would they try to pull the wiki article that documents and collects their history?
Based on that, "I'd guess" you want them to tell every potential customer all the horrid details of their past (which was another company) and put it in their sales brochure. Might as well close the doors. Oh that's right, that's what you all want.

And no, I don't have a street rod, I stated earlier that the company many of you tout as #1, Outlaw, was so arrogant and rude when I was ready to buy a kit that I went back to and stayed with my 60's muscle cars. Mainly Firebirds, but a few GTO's, 55's, early Vette, GSX Buicks, SS Camino's, etc...

I've talked with a SB rep at some show awhile back along with several others as well since the Rod itch still has not been scratched. Maybe one day I'll dive back in.

But from what I've read in the Wiki, threads, and other forum links posted about this, the piling on is more peer driven than actual experiences with SB.
It just seems that if I don't join the "Stone them to death" horde I can't post an opposing opinion?
And I have no problem defending my opinion.

My defense of SB is nothing more than seeing a company that builds and sells a product and employs workers being continuously attacked for no other reason than you do not like them.
I could find fault with numerous companies I do business with but I don't wish to put them out of business.
Spreading FIRST HAND information is one thing, and there is a lot out there, but jeez, you guys are on an endless crusade.

I'm always sorry I read this thread, because it is pretty darn sorry.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
It just seems that if I don't join the "Stone them to death" horde I can't post an opposing opinion?
:

You can post your opinion all you want, but you fall into the same catagory of people who have no real experience with Streetbeast, a category that you criticize others for being in.

As with everyone who posts an opinion, it may be challenged, and you can expect folks to want some proof that your opinion is a valid one, based on your experience..

Later, mikey

Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Based on that, "I'd guess" you want them to tell every potential customer all the horrid details of their past (which was another company) and put it in their sales brochure. Might as well close the doors. Oh that's right, that's what you all want.
They can put whatever they want in the brochure. I'd want them to not try to remove any trace of their past from public access, which is exactly what they are trying to do. This is not the first time they have done it. If they fall off because of that, well then their market position was not a good one to begin with.

A solid company will weather negative criticism.

Later, mikey

Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
1) And no, I don't have a street rod,

2) the Rod itch still has not been scratched. Maybe one day I'll dive back in.

3) But from what I've read in the Wiki, threads, and other forum links posted about this, the piling on is more peer driven than actual experiences with SB.

1) Too bad ... I believe you could build a NICE one

2 ) Lots of decent original cars here in the South ... no need to buy a " KIT "

3) So you really have NO EXPERIENCE with them either ...

As a lifetime NSRA member and my membership number is in the very low 2000 sequence ... I have seen a LOT of StreetBeast. Some folks I know have bought them ... and had trouble building them. Because I have been active in 1932 Fords for over 30 years ... some of these folks searched me out for help with their StreetBeasts.

I can say that the StreetBeast kits that I have been around are junk. They did not ever send all the parts ... and what they did sent ... was inferior pieces. Every one of them was sold for a LOSS ... and a few were never even finished ... due to the lack of parts.

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 11-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
2 ) Lots of decent original cars here in the South ... no need to buy a " KIT "
Yep, there was a 33 Oldsmobile 3 Window at the Fletcher NC show last year that should have come home with me, came close to pulling the trigger but I'm holding out for a 34 Pontiac.

Quote:
3) So you really have NO EXPERIENCE with them either ...
Nope, my SB defense is based totally on seeing a company attacked in a way I don't agree with. Nothing to do with their product.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:

Nope, my SB defense is based totally on seeing a company attacked in a way I don't agree with. Nothing to do with their product.
So then if someone was looking for opinions of a product on the internet prior to a purchase, , and found information based on the opinions those with prior experience, and information showing the court documents related to the business dealings that company had, you would like to see that information hidden from them?

Later, mikey

Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Last photo:

Nope, hide nothing, post the truth or what you percieve as the truth, but be prepared to defend it, as in the lawsuit.

I have no idea why the SB attacks got personal, nor do I really care. But when a web based forum attacks a brick and mortar business and continually tries to undermine everything the company says they are doing to improve, they loose cedibillity more than that company ever did, IMO.
Like I said before, nothing they say or do will appease the moderators here, it's to personal for some reason.

If I was on a jury for this lawsuit, so far I'd side with SB. You may be screaming free speech, I'm thinking lynch mob against a company.

I'm john Q public, and I approved this message.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Quote:
Yep, there was a 33 Oldsmobile 3 Window at the Fletcher NC show last year that should have come home with me, came close to pulling the trigger but I'm holding out for a 34 Pontiac.

I know where there is a turn key one......

Interested?

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums

Last edited by Centerline; 11-26-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Other.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.