StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 59 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
Based on that, "I'd guess" you want them to tell every potential customer all the horrid details of their past (which was another company) and put it in their sales brochure. Might as well close the doors. Oh that's right, that's what you all want.
The FACT is that they are another company IN NAME ONLY. They have the same ownership and management that was in place when they were convicted of fraud. Another FACT is that nothing has changed. They use the same high pressure sales techniques, same flawed design and same slick misleading advertising. Streetbeast, Classic Motor Carriages, Fiberfab.... all had the same ownership and management structure, Florida corporation documents prove this. The FACT that they changed their name at least three times just shows that was done to HIDE FROM THEIR PAST.

Several years ago I decided it was time to get out of muscle cars and move into street rods. So.. I sold my modified Corvette and called Streetbeast/CMC. Before moving to Ohio I had lived in Pompano Beach, Fl. just around the corner from their factory at the time. I called them because I was familiar with the company's name and had seen their commercials (they were sponsoring one of the Saturday morning hot rod shows at the time).

They sent me a catalog and over the next few weeks kept calling me offering special "deals". I realized they were using high pressure sales tactics but since I was traveling to Florida to attend my niece's wedding anyway I arranged a tour of their facility. I had a friend that purchased a Fiberfab GT-40 "kit" a few years earlier but I had not seen one of Streetbeast/CMC's 34 Ford "kits" in person and before spending that kind of money I wanted to know as much about my eminent purchase as possible.

Although the Streetbeast/CMC people were cordial and the tour was interesting I was not impressed with what I saw. The welding was not what I would call high quality and the frame design just didn't seem right. The fiberglass was OK but the finished product just didn't look quite right and after thinking about it for a little while I realized that if I purchased a kit from them there was nowhere I could go to get spare body parts except back to Streetbeast/CMC.

After I returned home the calls started again. Almost every week and didn't quit until I finally told them I would report them to the FCC if they called again. I was lucky that my instincts told me to do some background investigation before spending thousands on what turned out to be in my opinion an inferior product. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't take the time to investigate the history, quality and background of a company they're considering making a large purchase from. Those are the people who fall for the (now Streetbeast) slick advertising and find themselves in way over their heads. Streetbeast is COUNTING ON THIS. That's why they will do anything to HIDE THEIR PAST.

You can see that although I have not personally built a Streetbeast I know a lot about them. I'm just glad that I decided back then to buy and old 41 Chevy and build a pro-street car rather than a Streetbeast/CMC product. If I had I would just be one of their customers that got screwed waiting for parts that were never going to show up. And even if I had received them, I would probably still be trying to get the thing together and on the road.

Advertisement

Last edited by Centerline; 11-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
being continuously attacked for no other reason than you do not like them.
It is more like a counterattack, they are the ones that are fiiling the lawsuit and trying to obtain personal information and bully people who have negative opinions of their company. *blatantly points a finger*

I could care less what they sell, how they sell it, where they sell it, and what name they sell it under. But when they try to suppress the words of even one person then it is time to take the fight to them the only way we can...with 70,000 members and THEIR words.

"I may not agree with what you are saying but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" - Author Unknown (but these words ring in my head every time I am in a coffee shop)

Last edited by Centerline; 11-25-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Other.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 AM

Last photo:

If anyone cares and has read this thread in its entirety, I was invited here by a customer not to defend the product but to help those that are building theirs as I had helped him.

and for that I have had moderators and site administrators constantly try to egg me into lying about the company I work for, by lying about what they knew already so that they could "expose" me as a cheat a scoundrel and a fraud.

I doubt that any one from any other company would be treated as harshly and as rudely as I have been treated here not for trying to sell anything but for trying to help our customers out.

The Street Rod market place has always been filled with poorly done splash copies of cars originally made by people like Gibbons and who ever made the first t-bucket, it seems that all one really needs to be a reputable street rod company is to have a splash mold of someone else's fiberglass car and not have the name Street Beasts that can be fitted through trial and error to a 70 year old frame design created to harness the power of a 65 horsepower flathead V-8 with a straight axle front suspension and buggy springs in the rear and a ton of aftermarket parts you have to find elsewhere.

In many ways that is what has always been wrong with the street rod market and it is blissfully ignored by the attackers of my company, the street rod market is actual worse the the kit car market because of the shear number of splash trash bodies for sale.

With that blast I will once again return to my lair and ponder how to make a better fitting bolt in 34 grill for our cars, I got approval yesterday and need to start the process of creating it so that it can be in production by January
Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
So let me see if I get this right, if you knew when buying the car that
Street Beast expected you to build it, fit it, and modify it then it would be OK?

It's a car in a crate that you have to put it together, and Street Beast has never said it was anything but a car you the owner have to put together.

Oddly enough this is what most "street rodders" consider as a viable alternative to Street beasts cars.
You could take a lesson from the companies that produce these T-Bucket kits. Total Performance and Street Beasts are at the totally opposite ends of the spectrum.

Total makes a quality kit, usually deliver what and when they say they will and they stand behind there products 100%. If there are issues they take care of them not hide from them. I know that Spirit is also a good company and have heard a lot of positive feedback on them as well. I own a Total kit and have helped several others build them and they have all been good experiences.
I have not heard to many people say anything good about Street Beasts and they just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper here. They act like 7th graders instead of business people.

Chet
Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I've said this before - StreetBeasts think that a great defense is a poor offense!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
If anyone cares and has read this thread in its entirety, I was invited here by a customer not to defend the product but to help those that are building theirs as I had helped him.
If that is true, and we all know its not, then why have you posted 36 times in this thread and only once in the thread the young man started about his build??

Quote:
and for that I have had moderators and site administrators constantly try to egg me into lying about the company I work for, by lying about what they knew already so that they could "expose" me as a cheat a scoundrel and a fraud.
This statement is an out and out lie.

Quote:
I doubt that any one from any other company would be treated as harshly and as rudely as I have been treated here not for trying to sell anything but for trying to help our customers out.
Not true. We will call out any company that makes a bad product or fails to deliver on what has been promised. Especially those who attempt stealth marketing here.

Quote:
The Street Rod market place has always been filled with poorly done splash copies of cars originally made by people like Gibbons and who ever made the first t-bucket, it seems that all one really needs to be a reputable street rod company is to have a splash mold of someone else's fiberglass car and not have the name Street Beasts that can be fitted through trial and error to a 70 year old frame design created to harness the power of a 65 horsepower flathead V-8 with a straight axle front suspension and buggy springs in the rear and a ton of aftermarket parts you have to find elsewhere.
Actually having the aftermarket be so diverse is a VERY GOOD THING. It means that anyone building a car had hundreds of choices when it comes to what goes into his build. He can choose what manufacturers frame, body, fenders, grill, suspension, interior and every other component rather than be backed into a corner and have few choices at all. THAT IS A GOOD THING.

Quote:
In many ways that is what has always been wrong with the street rod market and it is blissfully ignored by the attackers of my company, the street rod market is actual worse the the kit car market because of the shear number of splash trash bodies for sale.
Once again you miss the mark entirely. Its not that there are other trash bodies being manufactured its the fact that people have the choice which body to buy. Its up to the consumer to decide what he wants and Streetbeast effectively takes all those choices away and with their design forces the builder to return only to them for replacement parts.

Quote:
With that blast I will once again return to my lair and ponder how to make a better fitting bolt in 34 grill for our cars, I got approval yesterday and need to start the process of creating it so that it can be in production by January
Thank you. One of the design faults on a Streetbeast is the grill and it definitely needs a new one. With the crappy one they have now you can tell a Streetbeast a mile away and it is one of the many flaws in the overall design that make the car look like crap.

Oh, yea...... thanks for leaving.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with the car having parts that only fit on a Streetbeast. First off, it is brilliant marketing, make a complete kit that the buyer must return for parts, hell, that sounds like what GM and the others have done for years.

The only thing I don't like is the unfair representation of the product, THAT is what ticks me off.

The market they are targeting just simply doesn't know, and they take advantage of it.

Brian
Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
..................Oh, yea...... thanks for leaving.
I don't think we will get rid of him that easy. In fact it is nice to see him come back and stir the pot. Every time he does we get new members joining and more future builders wno don't buy their product. He just keeps spreading the word.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 AM

Last photo:

I never said I was leaving just that I would be devoting more of my time to our customers.

You people certainly have a way of twisting my words around to suit your claims.

But lets be honest about the street rod industry for once, it is every bit as cut throat as your worst claims about Street Beast, for one thing most of the fly by night splash trash rod shops make no attempt what so ever to sell a complete product, they depend on the customer to gather all the components they don't or cannot supply despite using the pictures of absolutely stunning professionally built cars in their brochures.

Street Beasts uses only customer built cars in their brochures, That is one of the major differences between Street Beasts and Classic Motor Carriages by the way, CMC never once placed a customer's car in their literature.

And as for fit and finish I know for a fact that those same splash trash garage types always use the same line " it's the customers responsibility to ensure proper fit" I'd like to see one example how the administrators and Moderators of this board have gone after any other company that sells the sort of trash some people pass off as a quality street rod body.

I've been going to Street Rod shows since 1976 and I know what is out there and what is passed off as better than ours because it is "more original" and I can only believe that the very selective attack on this company is nothing more than mass myopia driven by a few who stand to profit from their efforts.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
But lets be honest about the street rod industry for once, it is every bit as cut throat as your worst claims about Street Beast, for one thing most of the fly by night splash trash rod shops make no attempt what so ever to sell a complete product, they depend on the customer to gather all the components they don't or cannot supply despite using the pictures of absolutely stunning professionally built cars in their brochures.

Building a street rod or car of any kind is a personal statement, and using the various commercially available parts to make a car that is truly your own is the end goal of every true hotrodder.

Buying a Streetbeast kit removes the option of creating that unique car for yourself

Can you build a Highboy 34 using a sb kit? No.
Can you show the truly graceful lines of the frame and use a traditional suspension ? No.

Many people want that. about half of the bodies we sold were for highboy cars. Many were channeled with extended lower reveals for a look that a SB car could not ever have.

The replica frames that are available are just as strong, if not stronger than the sb car, and the suspension types available can make a replica car suitable for any type of driving a guy wants.

I do commend you on your loyalty to the company you work for. And I commend you on the desire to make things better. Maybe your company can get itself out of the rut they have created for itself, but it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen by any type of discussion. Unless we start seeing posts made by people who have completed building recently aquired SB cars and they can prove that the company has made a turnaround.

Later, mikey

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I never said I was leaving just that I would be devoting more of my time to our customers.
Maybe not but we can hope.

Quote:
You people certainly have a way of twisting my words around to suit your claims.
That's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

Quote:
That's entirely the point. Streetbeast's design, despite in my opinion being dated and of poor quality, locks the builder into being a Streetbeast's customer forever. If he ever needs a major replacement body part he has no choice and is at the mercy of Streetbeast to supply their "unique" replacement and..... THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Quote:
Street Beasts uses only customer built cars in their brochures, That is one of the major differences between Street Beasts and Classic Motor Carriages by the way, CMC never once placed a customer's car in their literature.
Oh really??? Just a quick jaunt through your "customer" section on the web site pulls up several "customer's" cars that were Pro-built. So much for that lie.

Quote:
And as for fit and finish I know for a fact that those same splash trash garage types always use the same line " it's the customers responsibility to ensure proper fit" I'd like to see one example how the administrators and Moderators of this board have gone after any other company that sells the sort of trash some people pass off as a quality street rod body.
Really?? I have a deuce body from one of those "splash trash" types you have such a distaste for and guess what??? Mine came with the doors and trunk mounted, with common GM electric window regulators mounted, and the dash mounted from the factory, all at no extra charge. And what else, I can purchase fenders almost anywhere for this car. The same with a frame, hood, grill, etc. etc. And body parts made by Henry will bolt right on with just a little fitting, which by the way would be the same if it was a steel original body. When completed at least my deuce will look like a Ford instead of looking just like every other Streetbeast out there, which by the way look like anything BUT a Ford.

Quote:
I've been going to Street Rod shows since 1976 and I know what is out there and what is passed off as better than ours because it is "more original" and I can only believe that the very selective attack on this company is nothing more than mass myopia driven by a few who stand to profit from their efforts.
Most of the stuff out there IS better than yours and not one person posting on this board has any financial stake in the success or failure of Streetbeast. All we are interested in is making sure the novice builder has all the information he needs to make an informed, educated decision. Something Streetbeast is NOT INTERESTED IN. If they were there would be no law suit and they WOULDN'T BE RUNNING AWAY FROM THEIR DISMAL PAST.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

[QUOTE=Rob Keller]
Quote:
Yep, there was a 33 Oldsmobile 3 Window at the Fletcher NC show last year that should have come home with me, came close to pulling the trigger but I'm holding out for a 34 Pontiac.
QUOTE]

I know where there is a turn key one......

Interested?
R
If it's that Turquoise one that's been for sale, it's way out of my price range. But any others? sure, I'd like some info.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Sorry not to go off topic.
But I could not post a pix in the PM center

No 428 its maroon

Nice I like it.

I PMed the info to you

I'd buy it if I had Mikey's or Schnitz's money !well ,any money.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:

Welcome Grandpa Cobra to Hotrodders.com

This website is moderated by volunteers entirely, the site is not for profit as you can see...there is no advertising.

All of us here support the forum and its members for one reason and one reason only...we love hotrods.

We have no control on who/what/when/where/how people post messages on this board, as a matter of fact we don't delete posts either...those get sent to the dump for everyone to see.

If a member posts a message on the board regarding his experience with a product or brand it is his right to do so, we have no creative control on the content except to ensure it is PG in its language.

If a member decides his experience with a product or brand was bad enough he has the right to contribute to the WIKI for others to review before they make a purchase, we maintain the WIKI to prevent abuse.

Hotrodders.com has received numerous complaints and WIKI entries outlining their experiences with Streetbeast products as well as posting and contributing information regarding the companies history. For the most part this is easy to obtain on the web from newspaper articles etc.

Streetbeasts has a colored history, it is common knowledge. The entries in the WIKI are accurate and up to date. Streetbeast employees have attempted to edit the WIKI and attribute data to the owner of this website. This is easy to trace...we are web savvy here.

These representatives of Streetbeasts Inc. have acted maliciously with an attempt to blackmail in the hope we will remove negative WIKI entries on the threat of a lawsuit.

We denied you and your company that option as it is our right to speak our minds under the laws of the United States.

You sued Hotrodders.com and the owner.

Now I don't care if you make streetrod kits or fuzzy dice, if you make crappy ones and people notice the fact and post their experience with your product on our site...we will support their right to say so...thats why we are here.

So far not one of your customers has stepped up to defend your product or your company or outline their experiences with your products in the WIKI article. They have every right to do so and we welcome their input on the WIKI.

...but Sir, when your company attempts to blackmail innocent people who have no stake in your industry other than to foster communication in an attempt to silence those same people who might buy your product...

I think you might have a problem that is far larger than a simple WIKI article on the internet.

Don't you think?

We are just the messenger and as they say, the messenger has a license to carry for his own protection.

You shouldn't try to shoot him.

I will say this has got to be the dumbest attempt at blackmail and coercion to ever take place in modern history and definitely the most idiotic method of increasing your credibility in the kit car industry.

One thing is for sure, you will be lucky to be able to sell fuzzy dice after all is said and done. Because no matter what the outcome of the lawsuit is, your company will have created the worst public relations fiasco in recent memory...and in an industry as small as the kitcar one is you might have been better off shooting yourself in the head instead of the foot.

However we are not without mercy here at Hotrodders.com, when we see a criminal organization in its death throes and in pain, we will have no problem putting you down and out of your misery.

In conclusion Grandpa, you seem like a decent guy who is trying to do his best for the company he works for. You might want to consider how the fallout will affect your future income and employment opportunities, you might find that your affiliation with the Streetbeast organization will color you resume in a way you may not wish.

Keep up the good work, I wish you the best of luck in the future...I hope you find employment with an employer that values your work.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
Welcome Grandpa Cobra to Hotrodders.com

This website is moderated by volunteers entirely, the site is not for profit as you can see...there is no advertising.

All of us here support the forum and its members for one reason and one reason only...we love hotrods.

We have no control on who/what/when/where/how people post messages on this board, as a matter of fact we don't delete posts either...those get sent to the dump for everyone to see.

If a member posts a message on the board regarding his experience with a product or brand it is his right to do so, we have no creative control on the content except to ensure it is PG in its language.

If a member decides his experience with a product or brand was bad enough he has the right to contribute to the WIKI for others to review before they make a purchase, we maintain the WIKI to prevent abuse.

Hotrodders.com has received numerous complaints and WIKI entries outlining their experiences with Streetbeast products as well as posting and contributing information regarding the companies history. For the most part this is easy to obtain on the web from newspaper articles etc.

Streetbeasts has a colored history, it is common knowledge. The entries in the WIKI are accurate and up to date. Streetbeast employees have attempted to edit the WIKI and attribute data to the owner of this website. This is easy to trace...we are web savvy here.

These representatives of Streetbeasts Inc. have acted maliciously with an attempt to blackmail in the hope we will remove negative WIKI entries on the threat of a lawsuit.

We denied you and your company that option as it is our right to speak our minds under the laws of the United States.

You sued Hotrodders.com and the owner.

Now I don't care if you make streetrod kits or fuzzy dice, if you make crappy ones and people notice the fact and post their experience with your product on our site...we will support their right to say so...thats why we are here.

So far not one of your customers has stepped up to defend your product or your company or outline their experiences with your products in the WIKI article. They have every right to do so and we welcome their input on the WIKI.

...but Sir, when your company attempts to blackmail innocent people who have no stake in your industry other than to foster communication in an attempt to silence those same people who might buy your product...

I think you might have a problem that is far larger than a simple WIKI article on the internet.

Don't you think?

We are just the messenger and as they say, the messenger has a license to carry for his own protection.

You shouldn't try to shoot him.

I will say this has got to be the dumbest attempt at blackmail and coercion to ever take place in modern history and definitely the most idiotic method of increasing your credibility in the kit car industry.

One thing is for sure, you will be lucky to be able to sell fuzzy dice after all is said and done. Because no matter what the outcome of the lawsuit is, your company will have created the worst public relations fiasco in recent memory...and in an industry as small as the kitcar one is you might have been better off shooting yourself in the head instead of the foot.

However we are not without mercy here at Hotrodders.com, when we see a criminal organization in its death throes and in pain, we will have no problem putting you down and out of your misery.

In conclusion Grandpa, you seem like a decent guy who is trying to do his best for the company he works for. You might want to consider how the fallout will affect your future income and employment opportunities, you might find that your affiliation with the Streetbeast organization will color you resume in a way you may not wish.

Keep up the good work, I wish you the best of luck in the future...I hope you find employment with an employer that values your work.
Well Said !! , and for the record I wasnt let go. I walked out of there because of the way they treat their customers and the fact is I couldnt sell a streetbeast if you gave it away ,with all the negative press about them, its like Classic Motor Carriages all over again

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.