StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 60 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 04:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
Well Said !! , and for the record I wasnt let go. I walked out of there because of the way they treat their customers and the fact is I couldnt sell a streetbeast if you gave it away ,with all the negative press about them, its like Classic Motor Carriages all over again

went by yesterday, looked liked all the molds are loaded on a semi

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
went by yesterday, looked liked all the molds are loaded on a semi
Please, please, PLEASE explain to me why we should believe anything you say. Now you have started quoting yourself just to bump a thread. How pathetic.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Last photo:

I joined this website quite awhile ago and from what I can see I haven't logged in since June of 2005. Anyway as a member and Moderator on a Corvette forum someone reminded me of this forum so I thought I would come up to take a look around once again and came upon this Street Beasts thread. Well I have something to say here since I built a Classic Motor Carriage '34 Coupe. Back in 1992 I contacted CMC and purchased a '34 Coupe Kit with the body gelcoated Red in color for $10k. I didn't want the complete car at once so CMC after sending them if I remember correctly $2k gave me the option of taking the bare frame first. I did so and had a a friend of mine who ran Produce back and forth from Florida to N.J. pick up the frame for me. I built the frame up using parts from an original wrecked '71 or so Mustang II front clip and parts from a recently wrecked '89 Mustang LX at the time. Parts like the upper and lower A-Frames and front springs came from the Mustang II and I purchased the rear end and MC out of the LX with only 30k miles on that particular car. Of course everything was sandblasted and painted and new ball joints were installed in the A-Arms. Other parts that were needed were either purchased brand new such as a new TRW Rack and Pinion or came from other donor cars such as the Camaro steering column and 2 drive shafts one being a Chevy and the other a Ford for the pieces I needed from them to have a new one made to except Chevy to Ford. Being I was and I am still in the automotive parts business as I have been from 1978 it made things a little easier. My working on the many Corvettes I have owned and other cars was also a plus in the building process.

I have to say here to anyone thinking of building one of these kits this Kit was not easy to build. Being I had the tools needed and some knowledge and the space I was able to accomplish alot. I have to say the average Joe out there can not build this car. It is very true what people are saying here about all the CMC kits on Ebay for sale over the years. Its because everyday people find they can't build these cars as easy as CMC made it look back then. I know I have witnessed others out there with basically no skills thinking it was just going to bolt together. Many sold their cars. Very far from the truth of what CMC's TV Advertisements showed back then of kits being built in a driveway.

As I mentioned I started the frame in '92 and was ready for the body sometime in '93 after everything was plumbed and built to the frame. I am running a brand new ZZZ Chevy Crate motor one of the first of the ZZ4 Series of engines back in the day. I contacted CMC and after sending them the remainder of the money in 2 installments they had the Body ready to be picked up with supposely all of the parts needed to complete the job. Again I had my friend pick up the crated body this time coming back to Jersey in his Produce Trailer. Well, after receiving the Crate I found that I was missing a great deal of the parts needed to complete my build. The Grill,bumpers,gauges, hood mounting components just to name a few things were all missing. I never got those parts to this day. My Credit Card company did not let CMC get away with it and reimbursed me for what I didn't receive. Most of the things missing I was able to purchase from Street Rod Dealers as I needed to purchase other things anyway for this car that did not or would not of come in a kit like the Walker Radiator I used and A/C Components, electric windows, you name it. The Grill I had specially made for the car. I never really liked the CMC Grill anyway. Well CMC went out of business in '95. I lost some interest then and the car sat in the corner of my Pole Barn about 70% complete. Plenty of things now got in the way. The last thing I did was I installed one of the doors on my own but could not align it by myself. What was needed to finished the car was both doors needed to be installed and aligned,Windshield glass installed plus glass installed in the door with electric window kit, interior and dash needed to get done, including the inside mounting of my Vintage air unit. Wiring I had done already up to the inside of the interior. The Hood and Grill also needed to be mounted. Well my car set from '95 until 2003. A good Eight years when I happened to hear that Street Beasts took over CMC. I quickly contacted them after hearing this and purchased the rest of the metal brackets and body components missing from my kit. I also purchased some interior product from them as in the Gray Cloth they sent me a sample of. Being now 11 years passed since I first started this project I knew I was going to need some help with the doors to align them correctly that I farmed out this work to a Street Rod Shop in PA and had them finish the rest of the car while there. It wasn't cheap but now that I had everything I just wanted to get it done finally.

I have to say I love this car. Next to my old Corvettes its got to be one of the coolest cars I've ever driven. Quality wise its good but it is not perfect and believe it or not I am still driving it around in the Red Gelcoat Finish that looks great that many think the car was painted. From what I understand Street Beasts doesn't offer that anymore. I buffed the heck out of it and it is very presentable. I had to have some single stage paint mixed up at my Dupont Dealer for the Rod shop to repaint the grill as the gelcoat on it was not very good from the factory. Dupont did a great job on the match as they used their paint camera on a piece of scrap fiberglass from when I cut out the Windshield area. A few other areas also needed to be painted such as the side panels but the match is great where as the average person can't really tell. The Rod Shop had someone come in to measure up the interior to do the headliner. I have no idea how I could of done that project myself to be honest with everyone. The car looks great and I am happy with it. I have seen other fiberglass bodies out there by other manufactures and really don't see them being any better quality wise that what I got from CMC to be honest with everyone here. Hopefully Street Beasts is running a decent company now as I haven't heard any complaints about them like I heard in the past with CMC and Fiberfab. Here's a few pictures of my car.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:06 PM

Last photo:

I'm glad you're happy with the car and for a Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab car it looks very nice....... but for the sake of people who don't want to read a book let me see if I can summarize what you said.

You purchased a CMC kit and got royally screwed out of a bunch of components you had already paid for. When you heard that Streetbeast was selling the CMC kits again you contacted them and they were more than happy to make you purchase all the parts that you had paid CMC for in order to have everything you needed to complete the car. (This kind of "screw the customer" attitude is typical for this company if you didn't already know.)

Then after 8 years you realized the design of the kit was too difficult for the average person to build successfully so you were forced to farm out some of the work to a professional shop.

Hope I summarized it accurately. I hate to say this but...... it sounds just like a typical Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab build. Took years, never got parts you paid for, had to have a pro-builder finish the car. The good news is that you didn't give up and become one of their customers selling a half finished kit.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I'm glad you're happy with the car and for a Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab car it looks very nice....... but for the sake of people who don't want to read a book let me see if I can summarize what you said.

You purchased a CMC kit and got royally screwed out of a bunch of components you had already paid for. When you heard that Streetbeast was selling the CMC kits again you contacted them and they were more than happy to make you purchase all the parts that you had paid CMC for in order to have everything you needed to complete the car. (This kind of "screw the customer" attitude is typical for this company if you didn't already know.)

Then after 8 years you realized the design of the kit was too difficult for the average person to build successfully so you were forced to farm out some of the work to a professional shop.

Hope I summarized it accurately. I hate to say this but...... it sounds just like a typical Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab build. Took years, never got parts you paid for, had to have a pro-builder finish the car. The good news is that you didn't give up and become one of their customers selling a half finished kit.
Centerline,
You are right that I didn't receive all the parts once they were paid for but I did purchase this kit using my Credit Card and I was not charged for what I did not receive. You see back then in the early 90's it is true CMC was sorta selling off of an empty shelf so to say. It is true that they could not keep up with the demand as someone else mentioned here. I did not get screwed but if I would of used cash that could of possibly happened as it did to others during that period from what I have heard. One fellow in particular that I got to know who did pay in cash eventually got all his parts but could not complete his Vickey kit and turned around and sold it.

When I contacted Street Beasts in 2003 they were very nice to me being a former customer to CMC. There was no reason for them to offer me anything since I did not get screwed as I mentioned above. I may of gotten delayed some but not screwed since I did not have to pay full fare as the deal was originally set up. For what I got and for what I was reimbursed I would say I got a good deal and by todays prices a great deal.

The 8 year part you are trying to describe here isn't totally true. I know for a fact that I could of finished this car pretty much on my own but now it was 11 years later. I was 40 when I started it and now in my 50's in 2003. Being in the business that I am in you just don't have many friends hanging around anymore especially at my age. I could not on my own mount and adjust the doors on my own. I wish that the doors were factory mounted like you mentioned your car was but that wasn't the case here. Its really hard for just one person to build this car. I used paint sticks and duct tape to hold the door in while doing some things. What a hassel it was to get in and out trying to adjust the door. I almost lost the door as the tape almost let go at one time I remember. I really had no choice but to farm this part out.

Don't forget I did mentioned that I finished 70% of this kit that included completing all frame work that needed to be done, installing my motor and trans, measuring for a driveshaft and having it done up, installing my shifter, emergency brake and the mounting and plumbing of my radiator and trans, brake lines and fuel lines and all the little things that most have no idea of what is needed to build this car. Underhood electrical and undercar electrical was done back to the interior of the car. I had a rolling chassis with body attached that could be driven already as even my home made exhaust was done and welded up to the headers. I fired my engine up and was able to drive it in my building. I did all my own welding here except for one piece where a friend rewelded the steering column bracket on the drivers side of my frame that I had to move up the frame. He was better at stick welding. I did all the fiberglassing work myself as well as mounting the rear window in this car a tuff thing to do if you go by the instruction manual that was not very good. As you can see the back end of the car is pretty clean since I needed to re-engineer my fuel tank to have the inlet moved so that I could have it coming out into the trunk rather then out the back of the car that I felt wound't look good. I had to send the tank out for this. There was plenty that was done to this car before I farmed out what was needed to finish it. The interior headliner on this car even the Rod Shop did not do as they had someone come in and measure and sew it together. I don't think many building this kit do it all 100% anyway most of the time.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Last photo:

I stand corrected.

Although you didn't get screwed directly, your credit card company did. The funds they refunded to you for the parts you didn't receive were most likely never recovered from CMC. Since it is unlikely that your credit card company would have filed suit against CMC (unless it was a sizable amount) so they probably just chalked it up to the cost up to doing business.

That said, those losses were passed on to their credit card holders in the form of higher interest rates or fees. Trust me, a credit card company isn't going to eat bad debt, they pass it on to the consumer. In the grand scheme of things, in typical Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab fashion they did manage to screw somebody, in this case it was your credit card company and not you.

All in all I think you were pretty lucky.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM

Last photo:

Happy Streetbeast Owner

I have been watching this threat for some time and would like to say that my brother and my self built a 33 vicky i have pitcures but not loaded I would like to say that from of the bs i have seen it is clear that some have never built a glass car or helped on one. I guess we were lucky but we got every thing we were supposed to and the girl even made the upsostery two tone at outher request. THE BOOK SAID SAND TO FIT A LOT and that is what it ment I have built two orther cars and had to hunt for a lot of the stuff that come with the BEAST KIT this is the first glass car my brother or my self have tryed to build so we are not pro's we did farm out the paint because i don't have place to do it. Yes i can paint and do a lot of stuff i guess if you are a poor boy like me you learn to do a lot of things.No the kit don't snap to geather like a toy but a little elbo grease comon seanse and you can build one of these kits at home.I guess this make ME a idot like the reast of the people that have a STREETBEAST. OH I do have a 37 WILDROD ready for paint so i close see if i can get my painter stared before CHRISTMAS.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I stand corrected.

Although you didn't get screwed directly, your credit card company did. The funds they refunded to you for the parts you didn't receive were most likely never recovered from CMC. Since it is unlikely that your credit card company would have filed suit against CMC (unless it was a sizable amount) so they probably just chalked it up to the cost up to doing business.

That said, those losses were passed on to their credit card holders in the form of higher interest rates or fees. Trust me, a credit card company isn't going to eat bad debt, they pass it on to the consumer. In the grand scheme of things, in typical Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab fashion they did manage to screw somebody, in this case it was your credit card company and not you.

All in all I think you were pretty lucky.
Centerline,
You are wrong with your thinking here. You see I paid in 3 installments with my Credit Card as mentioned in my 2 other posts. First being the $2k I sent out for the frame and then two other credit card payments so that the remainder of my kit could be sent. The money sent on the last payment by credit card was disputed and returned to my credit card company at the time. From there the credit card company figured out what was do me based on my complaint to them. In the mean time CMC did not dispute my claim so I was reimbursed for what I did not receive. The Credit card company didn't lose a dime. CMC did not receive money for the parts they did not ship. In a way it worked out ok for in one aspect being I didn't get that crappy looking grill that came with the kit which forced me to look elsewhere for one.

By the way there are plenty of company's out there where one can buy parts to fit a CMC,Fiberfab or Street Beast. The place where I got my grill from in PA has a CMC grill shell there and makes grills to order for anyone who wants one. Walker carries a radiator made especially for the CMC Street Rods. I am sure other companys by now have things they sell to fit that I don't even know about now in 2008. There are plenty of places to make purchases from to address any Street Rod.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Last photo:

If you say so. Personally I doubt you can purchase any major parts for a Streetbeast/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Fiberfab 34 "Ford" from anyone except Streetbeast, unless you have them custom made by someone.

Last edited by Centerline; 12-01-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
By the way there are plenty of company's out there where one can buy parts to fit a CMC,Fiberfab or Street Beast. The place where I got my grill from in PA has a CMC grill shell there and makes grills to order for anyone who wants one. Walker carries a radiator made especially for the CMC Street Rods. I am sure other companys by now have things they sell to fit that I don't even know about now in 2008. There are plenty of places to make purchases from to address any Street Rod.
Could these company's be CMC, Fiberfab, Streatbeast suppliers, selling direct now?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsavvycook
Could these company's be CMC, Fiberfab, Streatbeast suppliers, selling direct now?
I guess it depends on what you are looking for as I am sure Centerline is right about body parts that can only be purchased from Street Beasts at the moment. Other things like a radiator as mentioned can be purchased to fit the car exactly as I purchased one back in '92 from Walker Radiator as mentioned. Alumicraft Street Rod Grilles in PA carries Grills for the car or will build one to your specifications as they did mine. Othe Street Rod parts like headlights, guages, electric fans, A/C Systems, mirrors, electric window kits, shifters etc, etc. they will fit many Rods out there including the CMC and SB cars. When I didn't get all my parts I found most out there other then body parts at the many different suppliers without any problems.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
I guess it depends on what you are looking for as I am sure Centerline is right about body parts that can only be purchased from Street Beasts at the moment. Other things like a radiator as mentioned can be purchased to fit the car exactly as I purchased one back in '92 from Walker Radiator as mentioned. Alumicraft Street Rod Grilles in PA carries Grills for the car or will build one to your specifications as they did mine. Othe Street Rod parts like headlights, guages, electric fans, A/C Systems, mirrors, electric window kits, shifters etc, etc. they will fit many Rods out there including the CMC and SB cars. When I didn't get all my parts I found most out there other then body parts at the many different suppliers without any problems.
It just makes me wonder if the two company's you name, were, or are suppliers to Streatbeasts. It seems odd they can supply you with the correct fit parts, or make them to order. These exact same parts must have been missing from your kit, and never supplied in your kit from CMC, Fiberfab, Streatbeasts, or whoever it was you bought it from.

I also believe an independent manufacturer will not spend the extra money to tool up, and manufacture replacement parts for a specific kit car company, unless they are the primary supplier of those parts sold with the kits.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
It just makes me wonder if the two company's you name, were, or are suppliers to Streatbeasts. It seems odd they can supply you with the correct fit parts, or make them to order. These exact same parts must have been missing from your kit, and never supplied in your kit from CMC, Fiberfab, Streatbeasts, or whoever it was you bought it from.

I also believe an independent manufacturer will not spend the extra money to tool up, and manufacture replacement parts for a specific kit car company, unless they are the primary supplier of those parts sold with the kits.

Walker Radiator does Sell a radiator for the CMC 34 fords.I think it is listed in the speedway book...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:

Back in 1992 a Radiator for a CMC '34 Coupe wasn't part of the kit like many other things that can be bought in the aftermarket were not. I know for a fact that Walker wasn't a supplier back then to CMC. I found them in StreetRodder magazine, contacted them and they said they had an exact fit radiator for my car. I guess CMC was selling plenty of these cars where Walker felt that there was a market for them to build a Radiator. I didn't find the Alumicraft Street Rod Grill company until 2003. Again the story with them was the same as Walker. Neither one from what I understood supplied Street Beast but had parts to fit their cars I would guess because of the demand. The Grill Street Beast supplied was terrible looking a far cry from what Alumicraft puts out but then again the Alumicraft grill is expensive. I think I paid about $500 for mine if I rememeber correctly back in 2003. I am willing to bet that same grill cost much more today but I have seen higher price grills out there for sale. Yes the CMC Grill was one of the many parts that were never shipped to me back in '93.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Last photo:

I've seen Alumicraft's work and their stuff is beautiful..... and you're right it is EXPENSIVE!!!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.