StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 63 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
Sorry for the late response..........DUH!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I'm surprised he can spell it.
Ahem. Guidelines. Else, I'll tell everybody you have a secret love for rat rods without front brakes. Built from abandoned SB kits off eBay. With "ground effects" meant for Suzuki Samarais. Installed with zip ties. And fake rust on fiberglass!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 AM

Last photo:

Been buildin Hot Rods for over 40 years (made a pretty good livin@ it)sold my shop 8 years ago and retired @ 55. Still buildin for speculation. Have had the un fortunate opportunity to work on a couple of these P.O.S cars over the years.
Just read this whole post and ---- Only have 1 thing to say

Ya can't make a silk purse out of a Pigs ear.
Nuff said
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00004.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	34902   Click image for larger version

Name:	2SMUUTH front 3 quarter.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	34903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scutterbotch Roadster  pic small Finished 002.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	34904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nu Orange Finished 003.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	34905  
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Deleted, due too irritation...
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch
Ahem. Guidelines. Else, I'll tell everybody you have a secret love for rat rods without front brakes. Built from abandoned SB kits off eBay. With "ground effects" meant for Suzuki Samarais. Installed with zip ties. And fake rust on fiberglass!
OMG! Don't let that cat out of the bag.....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 AM

Last photo:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ffas23; 12-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
I have something to say once again here. First of all I have nothing to do with the CMC or Street Beast Company. As many have read I built a '34 Coupe that I purchased from CMC back during the 90's. Many know from reading my post and also my thread on the built up of this car during the 90's that I am very happy with it. I may not build these cars for a living but I have been around awhile. I am not a kid. I have been in the Auto Parts business now almost 32 years. I own other collector cars including my '67 Corvette Coupe and my '73 Coupe and drove these cars when they were new along with many others. I feel I know cars pretty well. There is nothing wrong with a CMC or SB '34 Coupe if built properly. For the money I feel I didn't go wrong. I am sure if I decided to go with buying a body from someone else and purchasing a frame somewhere else plus everything else needed it would of cost me plenty more to build my car. Look, the CMC Company screwed up trying to sell from a empty shelf back during the early 90's as in my case with missing parts but I did not get screwed. CMC was overwelmed with orders and could not keep up with the demand. I did not pay for something that I did not receive. My car is finished and many have seen pictures of it on this thread and on the separate thread I posted in this forum on the build of my car.

When I read a post like the one from forum member (da34guy) I just shake my head in disbelief when someone calls a SB or CMC '34 Coupe a POS. I say BS to that. I know I own one and it looks good and drives well. I have no problem turning heads on the street as I come driving down the road. I have to say that I turn as many heads with my CMC 34' Coupe as I do with my Chevrolet 1967 Corvette Coupe if not more and this is the honest truth. If this car was a POS I would have no problem telling everyone here but it is far from what some on this forum describe one of these cars to be either sold by CMC or SB.

After reading this thread a week or so ago I just had to speak up since I do own one of these cars. All I can say to everyone reading this thread is don't believe everything that you hear in this thread as to the quality of these cars. If anyone on this forum is from the Central New Jersey area where I am from you are welcome to take a look at my car at anytime you are in the area and see for yourself. If its a nice day I will even take you for a ride if time permits me.
Sounds like one of their Shill Builders, they will say anything if you throw them $500 bucks
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I have something to say once again here. First of all I have nothing to do with the CMC or Street Beast Company. As many have read I built a '34 Coupe that I purchased from CMC back during the 90's. Many know from reading my post and also my thread on the built up of this car during the 90's that I am very happy with it. I may not build these cars for a living but I have been around awhile. I am not a kid. I have been in the Auto Parts business now almost 32 years. I own other collector cars including my '67 Corvette Coupe and my '73 Coupe and drove these cars when they were new along with many others. I feel I know cars pretty well. There is nothing wrong with a CMC or SB '34 Coupe if built properly. For the money I feel I didn't go wrong. I am sure if I decided to go with buying a body from someone else and purchasing a frame somewhere else plus everything else needed it would of cost me plenty more to build my car. Look, the CMC Company screwed up trying to sell from a empty shelf back during the early 90's as in my case with missing parts but I did not get screwed. CMC was overwelmed with orders and could not keep up with the demand. I did not pay for something that I did not receive. My car is finished and many have seen pictures of it on this thread and on the separate thread I posted in this forum on the build of my car.

When I read a post like the one from forum member (da34guy) I just shake my head in disbelief when someone calls a SB or CMC '34 Coupe a POS. I say BS to that. I know I own one and it looks good and drives well. I have no problem turning heads on the street as I come driving down the road. I have to say that I turn as many heads with my CMC 34' Coupe as I do with my Chevrolet 1967 Corvette Coupe if not more and this is the honest truth. If this car was a POS I would have no problem telling everyone here but it is far from what some on this forum describe one of these cars to be either sold by CMC or SB.

After reading this thread a week or so ago I just had to speak up since I do own one of these cars. All I can say to everyone reading this thread is don't believe everything that you hear in this thread as to the quality of these cars. If anyone on this forum is from the Central New Jersey area where I am from you are welcome to take a look at my car at anytime you are in the area and see for yourself. If its a nice day I will even take you for a ride if time permits me.
We had a whole list of guys like this, we called it the Singers List, They would sing like a jaybird if you paid them enough or sent them a build job
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
............... I am sure if I decided to go with buying a body from someone else and purchasing a frame somewhere else plus everything else needed it would of cost me plenty more to build my car.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I have a deuce body from Dave Korey and welded up my frame myself using American Stamping rails. Everything bolted together perfectly and not a single modification required. I will be driving that car next year and for a whole lot less than any SB or CMC offering. Not only that, if I have an accident I can go to any of the deuce aftermarket suppliers and pick up any part I might need. I'm not limited to dealing with a company that has screwed so many in the past. It might be different had they changed management and ownership when they changed their name to Streetbeast, but they didn't. The same crooks own and are running Streetbeast now as did CMC..... and for the life of me I can't understand why ANYONE would want to deal with them under ANY circumstances.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Not to be overly critical, but the image you posted earlier wouldn't stand up to scrutiny by some of the pickier 'rodders you might meet on here. It's your ride, so most would never point out flaws without being invited to do so -- your post quoted above appears to be such an invitation. Even I can see what appear to be uneven gaps around the hood and doors, and I'm not qualified to judge any rod.

That image also brings to view one of the flaws in the design which Centerline has pointed out several times. Those fenders stick out just right to act as shopping cart targets and generally as weak bumpers. If they're molded as part of the body, what happens when some soccer mom in a Suburban loses track of where her corners are and takes yours off? You can repair small cracks and crushes, but what about when there is a major parking lot mishap that requires a replacement fender?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch
Not to be overly critical, but the image you posted earlier wouldn't stand up to scrutiny by some of the pickier 'rodders you might meet on here. It's your ride, so most would never point out flaws without being invited to do so -- your post quoted above appears to be such an invitation. Even I can see what appear to be uneven gaps around the hood and doors, and I'm not qualified to judge any rod.

That image also brings to view one of the flaws in the design which Centerline has pointed out several times. Those fenders stick out just right to act as shopping cart targets and generally as weak bumpers. If they're molded as part of the body, what happens when some soccer mom in a Suburban loses track of where her corners are and takes yours off? You can repair small cracks and crushes, but what about when there is a major parking lot mishap that requires a replacement fender?

Replacing a fender is a walk in the park for someone that know's how to do glass work....But like Centerline has said there's only one place to get the fender SB.....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM

Last photo:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ffas23; 12-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Personally, I think you guys should lighten up a bit on ffas23..........You are getting a cynical here. Anyone who comes here can be believed or not, including us who have been here for years. His story is, that he bought this kit before CMC (Streetbeast) had all these problems, the car sat and he built it to the best of his ability and he is happy with it. End of story.........Ripping him a new one or critiquing his car is proving nothing. The case is against this company, not their customers.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:38 AM

Last photo:

I'm not knocking your car at all.... I think it's very nice...
Old 12-12-2008, 08:07 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
......Well Centerline I have no idea how much money you have into your body and frame as of right now. I already mentioned my cost but will once again. I originally paid $10,000 for my complete CMC kit. Show me where I can get a Downs, Outlaw or Gibbons body with fenders and a frame to go with it for less then what I paid for my complete CMC '34 Coupe? I don't think you could do that. I couldn't do it during the 90's when I made my purchase...........
Lets compare apples to apples here. A Downs, Gibbons, or Outlaw body is WAY more accurate, and of MUCH higher quality than anything Fiberfab/CMC/Innovative Street Machines/Streetbease has ever produced.

Actually I purchased my body back in the 90's and it cost $3400. Dave Koorey retired from Downs Manufacturing, moved to Florida and started producing his own bodies. They are not as high quality as a Gibbons or Wescott but overall they are better than some Deuce bodies and not as good as others.... but Koorey's stuff was definitely better than any of CMC's junk.

My body came with window openings cut out, electric window regulators installed, and doors and trunk hinged, latched and installed from the factory. My frame rails cost $550 plus an additional $200 for Speedway Motor's crossmember kit and my complete Pete & Jakes chrome suspension system cost a little less than $2700. So for $6800 I have a "kit" that can use practically anyone's parts and the best part is that I didn't have to deal with crooks to get it.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.