StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 68 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
No advertising in the forums Ray, post reported.

(shouting isn't nice either)

And I think that donaldm605's has his answer ..from about 7 years ago when he started this thread....get a clue.

later, mikey
SORRY DIDNT KNOW THAT ABOUT MY WEBSITE IN THE FORUM

KINDLY

RAY

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
I guess the first one could be a beauty queen too ... both have crowns and a sash

I know which one I would prefer to take home.

Your car looks like ALL the other Street Beast ... not a 34 Ford.

Someone has drank the cool aid

No more from me ...
Talk about off topic. I see two stunningly beautiful women. I would take either one home (though I will have to talk to the wife about that first).

Before I took either one home I want to hear them talk! I have seen MANY women like the one on the right who I wouldn't want to sit thru a meal with.

JMO

Brian
Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Talk about off topic. I see two stunningly beautiful women. I would take either one home (though I will have to talk to the wife about that first).

Before I took either one home I want to hear them talk! I have seen MANY women like the one on the right who I wouldn't want to sit thru a meal with.

JMO

Brian

IN that case Brian,The one and the back with "NO HEAD'' might be the best to bring home...LOL (just joking)

She does have some nice legs!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
IN that case Brian,The one and the back with "NO HEAD'' might be the best to bring home...LOL (just joking)

She does have some nice legs!!!!
ROFLMAO....you guys kill me

Vince
Old 12-16-2008, 01:28 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Apparently ffas23 decided to delete the images along with a lot of comments. I get "this image or video has been moved or deleted" (except it's in all caps) at http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...Oct2004048.jpg now.

I don't much care for people re-writing history.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch
Apparently ffas23 decided to delete the images along with a lot of comments. I get "this image or video has been moved or deleted" (except it's in all caps) at http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...Oct2004048.jpg now.

I don't much care for people re-writing history.
I get the feeling he thinks he somehow "graced us" by his presence and the grand gift of his photos. It was a nice car but still a Streetbeast... which, when I think about it, is not really a car at all.... its a KIT and a piss poor one at that!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Please delete my account and all posts and threads written by me.
Whaaaaa !!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
Whaaaaa !!
Why don't you shut the **** up! I hope I meet you someday! You are nothing but a pot stirring, no life, low life.

Jason
Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
People still call my car a "kit car", I get tired of correcting them. To me a "kit car" is a body slapped on a VW frame. There was absolutely "NOTHING" about my car that was "KIT". You need to stay IMHO.

Vince
I agree. Most cars at shows these days are kits. Fiberglass cars are kits, steel body reproductions are kits!!!

Jason
Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
I agree. Most cars at shows these days are kits. Fiberglass cars are kits, steel body reproductions are kits!!!

Jason
I agree. My Deuce is a kit. The difference is that I chose the body, frame, suspension and all other components. AND.... most importantly mine didn't arrive via truck freight from Miami.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I agree. My Deuce is a kit. The difference is that I chose the body, frame, suspension and all other components. AND.... most importantly mine didn't arrive via truck freight from Miami.
***Edit - By the way, my frame came from you know who with the body, that is all I purchased. Funny thing is, front suspension is Heidts tubular, rear suspenion AirRide. Nothing else on the car came from SB. Headlamps, weatherstrips, misc Willys parts - you guessed it, Willys Replacement Parts. Hey, they all fit just perfectly - without mods.***

Well I guess my car is just a huge piece of ****, it arrived in a big, wooden crate. Damn the luck. But, you know what, I have fun, people like it, get offers all the time to sell it off (not at a loss either). H.E.L.L. I might just go set it on fire, fiberglass burns like a fother mucker.

As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing any fiberglass car not on some kind of wooden platform, whether or not it was crated or not - same thing don't ya think.

You know, a lot of people have posted comments on here, some know what they are speaking of, others??? Most have been in the hobby, or business for many years, some just run their mouths and play keyboard hotrodding.

This all needs to be put to rest, this could go on and on. Remember numbers are infinite, does this forum have that much space? O.K. some agree that SB can make a decent product, some don't - great. Some feel that their (SB) cars can be done real nicely, some don't - o.k. to each their own. Some hate fiberglass cars regardless, o.k. they don't rust either, no big deal.

What seems to be forgotten, this was about SB's sale tactics, notice tactics and not practice. We are all on this forum for certain reasons, some just like to stir **** up! You bash others for what they have, what they have done, but then turn around and say they can be done nicely. So which is it?

I am not looking for a pissing match (I have been holding it for a long time now, my eyeballs are floating), but this thread goes from one extreme to the next. Most have stated SB are not all crap, some have - again O.K. Every car takes some kind of finesse one way or the other, and none of them come out perfect to the eyes without TLC.

Have a good evening ,

Jason

Last edited by 41willys; 12-16-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

41, I get what you are saying completely.

you finished with a very overlooked thought:

" Every car takes some kind of finesse one way or the other, and none of them come out perfect to the eyes without TLC."
Old 12-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
........I am not looking for a pissing match (I have been holding it for a long time now, my eyeballs are floating), but this thread goes from one extreme to the next. Most have stated SB are not all crap, some have - again O.K. Every car takes some kind of finesse one way or the other, and none of them come out perfect to the eyes without TLC.

Have a good evening ,

Jason
Jason, I'm sorry. Please don't think I was picking on you. Their Willys is probably the best product they have. When talking about SB I tend to think in terms of their 34 series only and their Cobra and Willys don't even cross my mind. Their Willys is very close to the original and really looks like a Willys. The Cobra is better than some and not as good as some but still respectable even though it is about 6" longer than the original. It's their 34 series, the first "street rods" designed by CMC that are the biggest problem both in fidelity and kit viability. It seems that SB improved their kit designs each time they came out with a new model but they haven't made any appreciable changes in their "bread and butter" offerings, the 34 series. They still use a poorly designed frame and if you believe the videos that were posted a couple days ago, their assembly techniques bring a whole new meaning to the term "Mickey Mouse".
Old 12-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Blowin' it

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Jason, I'm sorry. Please don't think I was picking on you. Their Willys is probably the best product they have. When talking about SB I tend to think in terms of their 34 series only and their Cobra and Willys don't even cross my mind. Their Willys is very close to the original and really looks like a Willys. The Cobra is better than some and not as good as some but still respectable even though it is about 6" longer than the original. It's their 34 series, the first "street rods" designed by CMC that are the biggest problem both in fidelity and kit viability. It seems that SB improved their kit designs each time they came out with a new model but they haven't made any appreciable changes in their "bread and butter" offerings, the 34 series. They still use a poorly designed frame and if you believe the videos that were posted a couple days ago, their assembly techniques bring a whole new meaning to the term "Mickey Mouse".
Centerline,

I really was not pointing that directly at you. There are so many on this forum that have a tendency to blab their thoughts and ideas, but have zero clue. My post was not directed at you, and will not type any names of whom I am thinking of, until they post their non-knowing thoughts again. I appreciate you replying.

There are times that I would love to burn the thing though, getting a little burned out on it, and sometimes think sell and buy something finished. Then what would that get me, somebody else's thoughts, work, personality, etc.

Anyways, no harm, I appreciate and respect others thoughts and knowledge on here. Most involved in this thread know what they are talking about, but I promise not to call them "old guys".

Great Day!!!

Jason
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

I haven't been on much lately, because of shop work load. But, I have seen many Street Beasts vehicles as well as contact with their sales/management staff. I will not address anything other than the kits are NOT what they are promised to be. I do have issues with accuracy in replicas, not much for "license" in design mods. I can say that the 'glass is THICK on all the bodies I have looked at( they are regularly at the Hot Rod Trade Show every year in Indy), although I was always suspicious of the "flock" effect primer they are always shot in. I suspect it is to hide needed body work. While Centerline was pretty generous with his comments about the Willys and the Cobra, I don't feel the Willys is that accurate and the Cobras are less than they should be. Just go to the Club Cobra forum and look at the owners and the problems they have with tech help and parts, most have more than 4 years in assembly with many still unfinished. Frame bracketry is regularly poorly installed and needs removed and re-installed in the correct places. There are many issues with their Tech help as well as their Sales Tactics. Those that like them aren't as enthusiastic as those that have other replicas that they have built. My personal observation is that they are attempting to make some changes, but are falling far short of promises. As was pointed out all rods require some fabrication/mods to make right, SBs just seem to require more. They are most likely still paying off the judgement and those costs are right from incoming monies, I would be willing to bet. I have heard some Cobra builders comment that they have been receiving parts that they hadn't when they purchased from CMC, SB has been willing to make up some of the shortcomings. I don't know to what extent. Would I ever buy an SB, probably not for many of the reasons I mention and a few more. As a shop, I have dealt with many different companies and SB is not a singular example. Heritage before it was sold was worse, they are now operating as DaVicki LTD. or similar, BEWARE THEY ARE LYING CROOKS. Hot Rods& Horsepower (Dearborn Deuce) were not as bad as Heritage, but as bad as the SB. We had 6 cars on order and finally demanded a refund because of their inability to supply what they promised WHEN they promised. Jim Inglese was part of that crew so a major name doesn't prevent thievery either. Regardless of all the issues, MY Major objection to SB is their apparent attempt to quelch any negative comments with legal action.It would seem that making your product what you claim would be cheaper and more profitable than flushing it down the toilet with legal actions.

Last edited by woodz428; 12-17-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.