StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 69 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodz428
I haven't been on much lately, because of shop work load. But, I have seen many Street Beasts vehicles as well as contact with their sales/management staff. I will not address anything other than the kits are NOT what they are promised to be. I do have issues with accuracy in replicas, not much for "license" in design mods. I can say that the 'glass is THICK on all the bodies I have looked at( they are regularly at the Hot Rod Trade Show every year in Indy), although I was always suspicious of the "flock" effect primer they are always shot in. I suspect it is to hide needed body work. While Centerline was pretty generous with his comments about the Willys and the Cobra, I don't feel the Willys is that accurate and the Cobras are less than they should be. Just go to the Club Cobra forum and look at the owners and the problems they have with tech help and parts, most have more than 4 years in assembly with many still unfinished. Frame bracketry is regularly poorly installed and needs removed and re-installed in the correct places. There are many issues with their Tech help as well as their Sales Tactics. Those that like them aren't as enthusiastic as those that have other replicas that they have built. My personal observation is that they are attempting to make some changes, but are falling far short of promises. As was pointed out all rods require some fabrication/mods to make right, SBs just seem to require more. They are most likely still paying off the judgement and those costs are right from incoming monies, I would be willing to bet. I have heard some Cobra builders comment that they ahve been receiving parts that they hadn't when they purchased from CMC, SB has been willing to make up some of the shortcomings. I don't know to what extent. Would I ever buy an SB, probably not for many of the reasons I mention and a few more. As a shop, I have dealt with many different companies and SB is not a singular example. Heritage before it was sold was worse, they are now operating as DaVicki LTD. or similar, BEWARE THEY ARE LYING CROOKS. Hot Rods& Horsepower (Dearborn Deuce) were not as bad as Heritage, but as bad as the SB. We had 6 cars on order and finally demanded a refund because of their inability to supply what they promised WHEN they promised. Jim Inglese was part of that crew so a major name doesn't prevent thievery either. Regardless of all the issues, MY Major objection to SB is their apparent attempt to quelch any negative comments with legal action.It would seem that making your product what you claim would be cheaper and more profitable than flushing it down the toilet with legal actions.
Jon, Lets sue the whole *********** industry , this is ridiculous

Advertisement

Last edited by Centerline; 12-17-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Profanity. Please see: general board guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
Why don't you shut the **** up! I hope I meet you someday! You are nothing but a pot stirring, no life, low life.

Jason
The only difference between you and me is you fell for one of those POS
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Why don't you shut the **** up! I hope I meet you someday! You are nothing but a pot stirring, no life, low life.

Jason
And I probably sold it to you and got PAID !!! BIIIAAATCH !!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
......... There are times that I would love to burn the thing though, getting a little burned out on it, and sometimes think sell and buy something finished. Then what would that get me, somebody else's thoughts, work, personality, etc.Jason
I have had the same problem when it comes to building a house. The first one my wife and I built once we got it to the point where we could move in we didn't touch a thing for 22 months because we were so burned out. We did finally finish it though. On this house, our log home, I didn't want that to happen so when we moved in we cut down our working hours to about half, and only worked 3-4 days a week on it. That worked and we had it completely finished in another 12 months instead of almost 2 years. Here's a pic of the one we finished last spring.

What I do when it comes to a big project like the house or something in the garage is pick a task that you want to get done that day. Make sure its realistic and can be done in just a few hours. When you run into a task that will take several days then just break it up into smaller tasks. That way you always feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.

Works for me anyway.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
The only difference between you and me is you fell for one of those POS
Actually the only difference is that he is here to help people and you're here just to cause trouble.

One of the things we can't stand around here are people who lie and people who pretend to be something they're not. Care to guess which category we feel you fall into???

Also.... I edited your post this morning for profanity. Using profanity is against our board rules. You have been warned, another occurrence will result in a suspension of your posting privileges. Keep this in mind when posting in the future.

Last edited by Centerline; 12-17-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Actually the only difference is that he is here to help people and you're here just to cause trouble.

One of the things we can't stand around here are people who lie and people who pretend to be something they're not. Care to guess which category we feel you fall into???

Also.... I edited your post this morning for profanity. Using profanity is against our board rules. You have been warned, another occurrence will result in a suspension of your posting privileges. Keep this in mind when posting in the future.
What this POS does not realize, I did not fall for anything. I purchase, I know how to say no. I sent this freak a PM stating he needs to just go away, all he could reply with was "lick my balls".

I would like to make a recommendation of permanently banning him. He is creating heat, as I am ready to track him down.

Jason

Last edited by Centerline; 12-17-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Other.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Centerline,

By the way, that is a beautiful house...

Jason
Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Centerline,

By the way, that is a beautiful house...

Jason

Yes it is!!!!!! Now we know who has all the Da** ''MONEY''!!!! (Just joking CL)
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Yes it is!!!!!! Now we know who has all the Da** ''MONEY''!!!! (Just joking CL)
I would agree with you if we had "had" it built.... but we built this one ourselves. There's a lot to be said for sweat equity. In this case it kept our mortgage at half the home's appraised value.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
I would agree with you if we had "had" it built.... but we built this one ourselves. There's a lot to be said for sweat equity. In this case it kept our mortgage at half the home's appraised value.
Want to adopt me? I promise I will stay in the shop!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

As I watch this thread, I have a question regarding the forum operation??? The "member" with the on line name of "SB Insider" has 3 posts(on the last page) in this thread yet on my screen it shows him to only have one post,how is that?? He seems to have very much to contribute, so I wouldn't want his post count to be inaccurate .

Never Mind! I just realized this the area where the post count doesn't change. So he has apparently made 1 good post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
And I probably sold it to you and got PAID !!! BIIIAAATCH !!
Pardon me for correcting, but I believe it is "BEEEOOOTCH!!". You probably know that though .
Old 12-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I have had the same problem when it comes to building a house. The first one my wife and I built once we got it to the point where we could move in we didn't touch a thing for 22 months because we were so burned out. We did finally finish it though. On this house, our log home, I didn't want that to happen so when we moved in we cut down our working hours to about half, and only worked 3-4 days a week on it. That worked and we had it completely finished in another 12 months instead of almost 2 years. Here's a pic of the one we finished last spring.

What I do when it comes to a big project like the house or something in the garage is pick a task that you want to get done that day. Make sure its realistic and can be done in just a few hours. When you run into a task that will take several days then just break it up into smaller tasks. That way you always feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.

Works for me anyway.
Looks like a Log cabin Kit I saw in the back of Popular mechanics...Lol Nice House
Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
What this POS does not realize, I did not fall for anything. I purchase, I know how to say no. I sent this freak a PM stating he needs to just go away, all he could reply with was "lick my balls".

I would like to make a recommendation of permanently banning him. He is creating heat, as I am ready to track him down.

Jason

Im going to be at the Winter Conroe Swapmeet and Car Corral in Feb, ill meet you there and slap you sideways .....Big willys
Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodz428
As I watch this thread, I have a question regarding the forum operation??? The "member" with the on line name of "SB Insider" has 3 posts(on the last page) in this thread yet on my screen it shows him to only have one post,how is that?? He seems to have very much to contribute, so I wouldn't want his post count to be inaccurate .

Never Mind! I just realized this the area where the post count doesn't change. So he has apparently made 1 good post
Posts in the lounge don't count towards your total. What that means is that he as dozens of posts and has added nothing worthwhile to this forum.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.