StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Street Beasts are the " Rodney Dangerfield " of street rods ...

They get no RESPECT

There are WAY better bodies out there ...
Why invest time and money in a losing proposition ... ??

There are lots of decent steel cars out there ... it just takes a little looking and a little searching to have the " real deal "

Besides ... fiberglass make me itch ...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Centerline,

The car looks fascinating, good luck with your project! How long do you expect the entire build process to take? How many rods has this Dave Koorey sold? If we were to buy it would be the 33/34 full dress street rod with frame combo.............................
Dave has been in business for several years. I bought my body about 7 years ago. It arrived with two left hand window garnish moldings and I gave him a call and he said no sweat send the second one back and he would replace it with the right hand one. I told him I was traveling to Tampa and would deliver it personally. When I arrived he gave me a tour of his operation. All hand laid glass bodies done by hand with resin and a roller. I was impressed with the quality of the glass and the fact that the doors and trunk were hung and latched (bear claw latches on the doors) and power window mechanisms installed. The body will still need a fair amount of work but so do most glass bodies. This was before he came out with his chassis.
From the pictures on his site I believe the chassis is pretty close to what I'll be building (same type of crossmember system and American Stamping rails).

I expect the build to take about a year, maybe a little more (including building the engine, rebuilding the trans and rear end). Will be an early '60's style.... no fenders, black primer, and what isn't flat black will be chrome. More of a "hot rod" than a street rod and a couple giant steps up from a rat rod.

Sure would have liked to find a nice steel body like Deuce did but in Ohio they are few and far between and if you do find one that isn't rusted out it's priced so high you can't touch it. Having said that, now that we live in Arizona I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find one. Heck, there's a mid 30's Dodge pickup, complete just sitting in a field about two miles from my house. The owner won't sell though... I already asked. I also pass a house that has a phone-booth "T" sitting in the back yard almost everytime I go into town. He's a car guy so it's not for sale. I love Arizona.

Last edited by Centerline; 09-22-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

JGK95 !!!! It takes more then you are anybody else to SCARE ME !!!!!! it's more fun to seat in watch some of the things some of you older guy's say about people !!!!!! It is a shame how you can put me down,and don't even know me.I have never insulted you .and I guess you enjoy putting people down.It's sad to have something against a man because of the cars he build's.What a great guy to have as a friend!!!!!!!!! If you are ever in LA ,maybe you should look me up,so we can get to know each other a little better !!!!

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 09-23-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

PowerRodsMikey,

Thanks for your input. I don't have a problem with the gluing of the doors with bondo when both the fiberglass resin and bondo are roughly the same agent. They both are adhesives. Am I wrong here?

Just outta curiousity, did you happen to know when the owner purchased his streetbeast rod from Street Beasts? I have our soon to be customer number and I'm wondering if the guy who brought his car to your shop purchased it recently or during what would be the growing pain years up until recently?

The world of fiberglass cars is all new to me and it's a learning project from day to day.

Thanks again guys,

Jay K.
Bondo is not designed to be an adhesive, and it is a terrible substitute for epoxy. Bondo, although it has polyester resin in it, is also full of fillers,, designed to make it somewhat rigid, and when used as an adhesive, it lacks the resiliency and elasticity to let the panels flex properly without delaminating from the bond line. Also, polyester resin does not adhere well secondary laminations with similar materials. many things contribute to the decline in chemical bonding,. although the resin does not fully cure in the presence of oxygen, and willaccept a secondary bond with more polyester shortly after curing, any dust, moisture or long cure times will make the chemical bonding qualities disappear in a short time. Door panels laying around the factory are exposed to those types of contaminants all the time. That is why epoxy is better. it bonds chemically to the surface, even if it has surface cured.

The car that I worked on was bought about a month ago, in it's completed state from someone else who bought it 6 years ago from the original guy who built it.
No I don't know the customer #.

I did have the opportunity to work on a set of Street beast 34 coupe doors that another customer brought me, they were very rough. That kit was bought less than a year ago, so I don't think the quality is improving.

Good luck with your kit.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 09-23-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:58 AM

Last photo:

they do advertise as a 34 ford.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Heads with Our 1934 Ford 3 window Coupe!

No car evokes more memories, more nostalgia, more outright style than a 34 Ford Coupe! America's car crazy culture has embraced countless variations of the 3 window 34 Ford coupe.

A 1934 Ford Coupe You Build Yourself

A 34 Ford coupe puts you in the driver's seat, with you calling the shots on just how to build, customize and accessorize your version of the American Dream!

CALL NOW AND RECEIVE OUR LATEST INTERNET SPECIAL AND GET STARTED FOR AS LITTLE AS $129 A MONTH
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Sure would have liked to find a nice steel body like Deuce did
If that is the 32 I'm thinking about Deuce chased it for over 20 years before finally getting his hands on it.

Vince
Old 09-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Sure would have liked to find a nice steel body like Deuce did but in Ohio they are few and far between and if you do find one that isn't rusted out it's priced so high you can't touch it. Having said that, now that we live in Arizona I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find one.

I do believe that the area you live in has a lot to do with the cars that you can find ... and are left after 75 years. I know of at least 5 unrestored/built up original steel Deuce coupes sitting ... within a 250 miles radius of my home. Tucked away ... and not really for sale. That's 5 ... not counting the dozen or so already built coupes ... and I chased my 32 3W coupe for 5 years ... before I finally got it.

BUT ... They are out there ...

I have chased this one for 20 years ... ( above )

Here is a shot of the floor in the 3W I bought ...

There are GOOD bodies out there ...

Every 32 in the above photo is original Henry Ford steel except the red roadster ... behind the copper colored coupe

Old 09-23-2007, 02:24 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
they do advertise as a 34 ford.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn Heads with Our 1934 Ford 3 window Coupe!

No car evokes more memories, more nostalgia, more outright style than a 34 Ford Coupe! America's car crazy culture has embraced countless variations of the 3 window 34 Ford coupe.

A 1934 Ford Coupe You Build Yourself

A 34 Ford coupe puts you in the driver's seat, with you calling the shots on just how to build, customize and accessorize your version of the American Dream!

CALL NOW AND RECEIVE OUR LATEST INTERNET SPECIAL AND GET STARTED FOR AS LITTLE AS $129 A MONTH
Well I guess Ford hasn't caught up to StreetBeast yet. Ford Motor Company did threaten to sue Classic Motor Carriages for using their name and they removed it from their advertising. Of course that was StreetBeast's previous name before they were shut down by the State of Florida. Interesting Ford hasn't done anything this time because it's the exact same low fidelity piece of crap kit that CMC and FiberFab screwed people with. Possibly because the name Ford isn't mentioned till you get into the detail page. You notice there's nothing about "Ford" anywhere on their main page and that's probably why Ford hasn't discovered that StreetBeast is just the latest in a long line of (the same company under different names) trying to pass a toy off as some sort of a Ford replica.

BUT..... one has to understand that StreetBeast's advertising is focused on the street rod newcomer who knows NOTHING about the hobby. They are, or should be, the only ones gullible enough to buy StreetBeast's advertising garbage. That coupled with their high pressure sales tactics is the only reason StreetBeast is still in business.

That's why this thread is so important. Anyone who is searching the internet for information about StreetBeast is bound to find this thread and read what experienced people who have been in the hobby for decades think about their quality and business practices. Most newcomers don't even know of StreetBeast's checkered past and history of screwing customers. Just think of this thread as a public service announcement.

Last edited by Centerline; 09-23-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Like the lesson with fire, some people have to get burned to learn better.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
JGK95 !!!! It takes more then you are anybody else to SCARE ME !!!!!! it's more fun to seat in watch some of the things some of you older guy's say about people !!!!!! It is a shame how you can put me down,and don't even know me.I have never insulted you .and I guess you enjoy putting people down.It's sad to have something against a man because of the cars he build's.What a great guy to have as a friend!!!!!!!!! If you are ever in LA ,maybe you should look me up,so we can get to know each other a little better !!!!
NEW INTERIORS,

I'm hoping that you'll read the PM that I've sent you. Please go back and re-read my posts. You'll find quite the opposite. My father and I are buying a street beasts 34, and your streetbeasts build is the reason I joined this board.

Alls good by me, I hope Alls good by you.

Thanks,

Jay K.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Last photo:

I'm ok !! Thanks for the compliment.Let me know if i can help.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,123 Times in 998 Posts
I'm convinced! Send me TWO!

Marc, there is "an ars for every seat" and there is a place for $100K show car all steel 32 Fords and a place for rat rods and a place for Street beasts.

But honestly, I believe most people who buy them are "enamored" after going to a Goodguys event and go looking for a car. If they were to hang out and learn a little about street rodding they would find that they can spend their money better on other products or cars.

Streetbeasts may be a fine "car" as cars go, but for resale they are way off the mark (I have to assume, maybe I shouldn't do that).

Brian
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm Marc Gold and I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm opts Manager at Street beasts In Miami Florida . I just wanted to say Ive read alot of what you have said regarding our operation. #1, No one who has one of our assemblies should be embarrassed at all to own or drive one of our cars. Ive worked for this company for 20 years, Ive been here during the good times and the bad. Ive traveled to just about every Rod Show in the country for the last 15 years . Ive met customers who were ecstatic over their cars and Ive met customers that were disappointed.More happy then disappointed, I can tell each and every one of you that on a daily basis the management here at streetbeasts does everything they possibly can to improve whatever aspect of this business, from R & D to sales. I would like to invite anyone of you all to come in and meet me personally and see our factory. Its awesome and always has been. we've had our ups and downs, but All in All we produce the Finest product available to the Street Rod Enthusiast in the world.

Many Thanks
Well it takes a big set of cohones to come on a board like this with the majority of members who have nothing but dislike and disdain for your product.

I have worked on many brands of replica street rod bodies in the course of my business, (including streetbeast), and find your product to be the worst of the bunch.

But the fact that you still work for them shows that you have the attitude that you need to talk highly of their product. A salesmans attitude to be sure.

Having said that, please read the guidelines for posting, especially the business affilliation page contained in that set of guidelines,, ADHERE TO THOSE GUIDELINES, and you will have no problem. I should tell you that your first 2 posts can be considered whet we call "agressive promotion" and will be treated as such if it continues.

http://www.hotrodders.com/help/board/guidelines.html

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 05-08-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

This is the third identical post that you have made since registering on this site... You have made this same post in three forums now....Multiple posts are not allowed here...please read the site rules and guidelines before posting again. Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Duplicate Post

My Bad ! Thanks

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.