StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 71 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
What's funny is for $10K it would be a pretty damn good deal, $26K, not on your life!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Here's another one...

I will bet a crisp dollar bill on that one not getting a bid. He started out WAY too high. Start out at 5 or 10 grand with a reserve of that $20k it may creep up there. But no one is going to hit that bid button STARTING at $20K, you have got to be joking.

Brian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...1%7C240%3A1308
I will bet a crisp dollar bill on that one not getting a bid. He started out WAY too high. Start out at 5 or 10 grand with a reserve of that $20k it may creep up there. But no one is going to hit that bid button STARTING at $20K, you have got to be joking.

Brian
Old 12-26-2008, 08:28 PM
this hobby is expensive!

these dudes down the road from me bought one all painted up sharp with a sbc already done and they race it i guess...i highly doubt they paid 10 grand for it running...i dont really talk to them much i just helped them pull a motor out of a box van so i didnt feel right asking how much they blew on it. cool guys though
Old 12-28-2008, 05:16 PM

Last journal entry: Large diameter exhaust
Last photo:

Street Beasts

I've spent three days of my spare time reading this whole thing, now at 71 pages. I guess I've been away too long. I'm a musician too, and I've been tied up with a new purchase for that hobby.
I've seen this company's product on their website, and at Lowes Motor Speedway at either the AutoFair or the Goodguys event. I looked at the Willys in person there, and thought it was a nice piece. I couldn't see their funky looking frames on the roller that was there, but I saw the frames on a website somewhere. I saw Outlaw's Willys there too. I would've been one of their (SB) suckers, I guess, because the monthly payments deal looked better to me than the big bucks Outlaw wanted for their roller. Both projects are probably out of my skill range, so I'm glad I never pursued either. A T-Bucket kit would be my best bet before taking on one of these. I agree with the guys who said that Street Beasts didn't help their cause a bit with what they posted. I wish the guy who posted the original question luck with his build, and I hope he has gotten all his parts.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Here's a guy who's dreaming. An unassembled Streetbeast Willys kit with a rebuilt blown 402 BB Chevy and he has the opening bid set at $35000. $3500 would be closer to its actual value.

Willys
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Last photo:

There was a guy on ebay with what looked like the same kit. It was still in the crate, but no motor. I posted about it a while ago, he had the opening bid at $20K with a buy it now at $21K. I sent him a friendly note explaining how that won't work and to put a reserve on it, then start the bidding real low at $5K and let them bid it up. Explaining that someone may bid it up to $18 or something and he may think about selling it for that. But if the bidding starts at $20K, he will never know someone was willing to give him the $18k. Anyway, he was a nice guy, he had found himself in bad shape and needed to get the money back that he had spent on it ($27K). This was a brand new untouched kit mind you.

So, he took my advice and dropped the opening bid to $5k. It got a bid on it the first day and I saw it creeping up, I was rooting for him and it was looking good. It closed at $15k. I don't know if he went ahead and sold it for that or what, I didn't ask.

One 34 complete kit sold for $10k on ebay, heck for $10k, it ain't too bad a deal.

Brian
Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Streetbeast You Tube Video's Respond!!!

I was surfing the internet earlier for hot rod stuff, and came across all the discussion about the Streetbeasts Kit Cars.. I went to You Tube and watched all this guys videos on how to build a Streetbeasts Car, and some of his other video's, which I might say are funnier then hell.... Anyway, I read alot of posts on here about Streetbeasts Cars and what they are, and who they are, and all this other jazz....... My opinion below

It seems that this guy in Dallas Texas has a shop and has built more then a hand full of these cars and by watching his videos knows quite alot about what he is talking about. Why he pop rivits the floors down, as he explains---BECAUSE ONCE THE BODY IS MOUNTED IT BECOMES A UNIBODY CAR--Ok, I can see that.. The "KIT Car" as you all call it, is fully built with steel structure throughout, once the body is mounted and all the steel beams and structure is "WELDED" in, the car is one in itself.. I believe this to be true.. Weather he bolts the floor down, pop rivits it (He explains --- 1/4 inch Pop Rivits, NOT LITTLE BABY ONES) and add the extra strength of fiberglassing the body togeather---HOW IS THE BODY GOING TO FLY OFF THE FRAME...
This guy in Dallas also shows in detail how to install all the body parts in full detail, and to be quite honest,, I am going to keep up with him and watch it till he gets it done... At the beginning of his video's he shows cars that he has built,, and to tell you the truth, THEY AREN"T SHABBY JUNKY LOOKING CARS....
Would I buy a Streetbeasts Car??? NO. Why?? Because of the company itself, the people that work for them are LIERS AND CROOKS, to many horror storys about these guys
Has anyone of you "HOT ROD PEOPLE" ever thought that the guy making these videos on You Tube is actually helping all the people out there that got screwed by Streetbeasts, and that he is actually doing all the Streetbeasts owners that have one of these cars sitting in their garage, figure out how to build one???
NO! Because you guys are too busy pretending that your the best and everyone else is WRONG! Instead of sitting on here and badgering everyone that trys to help people, maybe you ought to step back and realize that some people are just here to help one and other, and not ask for anything else in return...
That guy in Dallas, after watching his videos, has proved to me that he is one of those people that is actually helping people... Maybe he thinks alot of people got screwed and believes that by watching his video's all the SCREWED PEOPLE might be able to finish their project, instead of lose all there money and wash it down the drain..
I didn't see any action in the Streetbeasts videos where he was telling them that the car sucked, you can't do it, bring it to me.. If I remember right, he was focusing on helping Streetbeasts owners finish what they started and not to give up, and QUITE......
People make such a mockery over small stuff, and everything gets so blown out of shape, that the real vision is never seen.... I believe in this Streetbeast Guy in Dallas, and wish him the best... And if you get a chance, watch some of this other videos,,, This guy and his buddy are CRAZY....
Till next time SKULLBONES OUT!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:

I see you have absolutely no posts skullbones..welcome. No possibilty that you are associated with the guy in Texas is there?? As a business owner that builds cars.. I would suggest that the "guy" in Texas is soliciting business from SB owners. That's alright, however that does makes his opinion slightly less objective. I regularly look at unfinished kit cars to buy and complete.... there are a lot. I also think you might want to look at "what" unibody is. Each component ADDS to the structures strength, he is just attaching the body more securely. Snowmobiles pop rivet their underbelly. Pop rivets do not a unibody make, especially with 2 types of materials...if it was also bonded with an appropriate adhesive it would be closer. I imagine that what you are commenting on is what I would call "sales hype"....interestingly that's the same method SB uses to sell their product to begin with. It is ironic that someone soliciting work building their "kits" would do the same.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:56 AM

fordguy1960

I would like to ask you to please take a look at *********** for your street rod kit, 32 years in the business we offer top of the line kits at a better price then street beast and our cars do not come all unassembled all of our 34 coupes have the body mounted to the chassis inner panels installed hood, doors and trunk hinged on the car the power window kit and glass installed, all the fenders and running boards are mounted with steel braces under them for a first time builder a much better way to start go to WWW.*************com to see our product and also starting this Saturday and for the next three saturdays we will be on the speed chanel at 7:30 AM showing our car being built from the ground up so set your DVR the show on speed is called Kit an auto body experience.

Last edited by poncho62; 04-02-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Welcome Fordguy..........great to hear your input.......Sorry, but we do not allow commercial advertising on the main board. Please read our guidelines for business owners....You can put a link to your company in your profile.

We had seen the previews of the "Kit" show and were wondering what brand it was....will be watching with interest......You may be getting some questions about it on here.......which we would appreciate answers to....thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 PM

Last journal entry: crate

StreetBeast kits

I was a guy that did buy a street beast kit, got it in last week, really glad to see it. Looks good, strong frame and ready to start working on it.
As for the the Dallas guy, i was in the area and stopped in at his shop. I have emailed him before that and wanted to meet him. He is the real deal, very helpfull. Never did he try to get me to bring my car to his shop. He stills helps me when i call or email him. He is a great guy, I can say this because i met him. Dont talk bad about someone you have not meet.
As for SB, different story.
I can see that the Street Beast will be more work than just bolting it together, but i like a challenge.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 PM

Last photo:

sb kit

I would say go to it. I wounder if some on this BB has ever builted any thing .SB sent any thing we ask for. Oh do weld the door post solid be fore you try to gap or fit doors been there Any help I can give just give me a hollow. later 39 OLDROD
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4strack
I was a guy that did buy a street beast kit, got it in last week, really glad to see it. Looks good, strong frame and ready to start working on it.
As for the the Dallas guy, i was in the area and stopped in at his shop. I have emailed him before that and wanted to meet him. He is the real deal, very helpfull. Never did he try to get me to bring my car to his shop. He stills helps me when i call or email him. He is a great guy, I can say this because i met him. Dont talk bad about someone you have not meet.
As for SB, different story.
I can see that the Street Beast will be more work than just bolting it together, but i like a challenge.
Good to have you aboard.......good luck with the car......Why not start a Project Journal.....so we can all follow along?

You could also start a separate thread for your build....this one is a real mess....and way too long.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Last journal entry: crate

If some one will send detailed info on a project journal, i will try to do that. As af right now, my frame is getting blasted, primed and painted. Mustang
II IFS is on the way, still needing to get 350, tranny, and rear ordered. Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 06:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4strack
If some one will send detailed info on a project journal, i will try to do that. As af right now, my frame is getting blasted, primed and painted. Mustang
II IFS is on the way, still needing to get 350, tranny, and rear ordered. Thanks
Just click on Project Journals at the top of the page...it pretty much walks you through it.........

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.