StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 76 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

You know, Grandpa Cobra, I believe you. Sharing technical advice with folks who you may or may not ever make money from is one of the things that makes the world a better place.

No matter what company you work for. We regularly did the same thing at Poli-Form, that is one of the things that made me like working there so much.

BTW, You violated none of our guidelines in your post, you can use names of companies, if you choose, but watch out for lawsuits..you know how SOME companies can be about that.....
hahahhaah..don't take that personally..

Pepi still doesn't explain why he removed most all of the parts from his car that would truly make it a look like and really be a 1934 Ford. Having the hood side panels, splash aprons , fenders fuel tank cover are some of the things that make a 1934 ford one of the most beautiful cars of that era. And why he didn't stop with just taking the fenders off, but hacked the rear of his car into a butt ugly something with no flowing lines, and removed the compound curves that are the signs of artistic craftsmanship that even the most basic cars of that era had....So yes, Pepi, you would do well to pass the responsibility of properly educating others about automobile bodies and their design, both aesthetically and structurally to someone else, you get an e for effort though, and another e for ego.

Your arguments are weak, and demonstration of the knowledge you continually say you have is just not evident. You can continue to believe that you are a great hot rod builder, and know all there is to know, but I know better.

Anyone can check out more of Pepi's car here, and make up their own minds. I found that one day a while back doing some searching of old posts here. Check out his lower body modifcation, didn't Ford make those lower bead edges have curves on the bottom of the body? Hmmmm maybe the oh so durable steel rusted out, and the necessary talent to properly replace that lower bead just was not available at the time.....

I don't need some club of guys handing out trophies to tell me what looks good and is right. The favoritism and cronism practiced at most of those "competitions" makes them just one more spectacle for the masses.

I don't feel the need to have a car of my own, when I can get paid to work on many dozens,(hundreds probably), of hot rods and exercise my talents.
The proof of my talent lies in the fact that if I did substandard work, with no advertising, ( I do not advertise....word of mouth only),soon I would have no work, and would need a job in some other field...like you..

Jay, I think Yogis has the grill insert, they had no picture of the one they sell on the website. You can make up your own mind about whether or not it would be a worthwhile change, Never having seen one of the ones that Yogis is selling, and only having heard that they have more teeth than the SB grill, I can't say for sure that it is. Let us know if you find out more about it.

Brake and fuel plumbing is one of my favorite activities, along with wiring..the job satisfaction is great when it's all done, and looks good, and works.

Later, mikey

Advertisement

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 05-22-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

just curious, why you don't have a trunk on your car Pepi ???

And Jay...Keep up the good work... And this will be a time you will cherish for the rest of your life.Good Luck..
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Just for you, one is a truck a 32 and it has drip rails, the other is a 34 and yes no fenders I like them that way . Did not build the 34 but drive the heck out of it, you got any hotrods you own? I have two, both now on the road.
Gee that's funny, you have said numerous times here that you built the 34....It says it on your website too....
I like building them, driving a car is not a priority with me. Anyone can drive a car, it takes talent to build one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi
glass cars stronger ................. that one has me on the floor
Well I knew you would be laughing like hell at that, just because I have such a good sense of humor..but let's look at my statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
I actually find that a GOOD quality, steel reinforced fiberglass bodied car will be stronger in every way than a 70 year old steel bodied car.
I guess even though you say you are an engineer, you fail to recognize the effects of age and structural breakdown of the materials and assembly methods of the 1920s and 30s. Metal fatigue around structural mounting points such as door hinges and strikers, and seperation around the crimped and spot welded structural supports, corrosion between those panels all contribute to doors that sag and won't stay lined up. A properly reinforced fiberglass door does not sag from age, the hinges do not pull out like we see in so many steel cars,and a properly constructed and reinforced fiberglass body does not suffer the effects of corrosion. I never said fiberglass was stronger than steel, a good quality fiberglass body needs both materials to be stronger than the 70 year old body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi
oh yes I forgot you look up parts in a book, service others cars and a moderator @ the board ......... so impressive, I pass the I know everything torch to you .
And yes, I have many reference resources available to me and share them with folks that need the info. I did not buy my moderator status here, I earned it by being helpful and having some ability to see through BS, and actually doing something about it on the board...Citing verifyable sources is one of the ways we combat BS.

Later, mikey

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 05-22-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Last photo:

This is for all that think I was crazy when I said I saw a S/B vicky sell for over 80k. I have spent a good bit of time trying to find it on B/J . There site is not the easiest that I have tried to do a search on. That being said I DO KNOW WHAT I SAW IT GO ACROSS THE BLOCK AT. why I or any others can't find any 33 vicky. I don't have a clue where it went. Centerline was there he said. I don't know how they do things there supposedly all sells are final but I know a builder that took a hi $$$$$ chevy that went across the block and it went off at around 35k so it came back home.worth 130k or more. I wondered if the deal flopped for what every reason and the man left with his car. I hear the tv people talk about cars reselling and some sales that flop for what ever reason and the cars are never seen again. I HOPE Centerline can in lighting us poor folk that have to watch it on tv.Please no rant on S/B I think most have there opinion on them.And don't get my wife started as she was watching to.

later OLDROD
Old 05-23-2009, 09:48 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Thank you all for the kind words of support.

Yesterday, my father, myself and two friends spent the better part of the day putting the fiberglass shell on and off of the frame for a total of five times whilst we tried to figure out the trunk bay. A significant amount of time and complexity (and a few curse words) went into getting the trunk bay to line up properly. The issue might be around the molding of the trunk bay in that it might not have set properly when it was being cured. But in true Mikey-like determination, we solved that riddle and called it a day. Now it sits beautifully in the car and right above the gas tank which we mocked up for a temporary fitting.

Jay K.

ps. Did I mention that fiberglass spurs in your fingers really hurts?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Last journal entry: crate

my SB 34'

I am still trying to get the journal to get my pics uploaded, trouble every time. I have the IFS tacked together and will weld it up the touch up the paint next. I have been measuring for the rear axle, seams what SB says to use will be way to wide, any thoughts?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39 OLDROD
This is for all that think I was crazy when I said I saw a S/B vicky sell for over 80k. I have spent a good bit of time trying to find it on B/J . There site is not the easiest that I have tried to do a search on. That being said I DO KNOW WHAT I SAW IT GO ACROSS THE BLOCK AT. why I or any others can't find any 33 vicky. I don't have a clue where it went. Centerline was there he said. I don't know how they do things there supposedly all sells are final but I know a builder that took a hi $$$$$ chevy that went across the block and it went off at around 35k so it came back home.worth 130k or more. I wondered if the deal flopped for what every reason and the man left with his car. I hear the tv people talk about cars reselling and some sales that flop for what ever reason and the cars are never seen again. I HOPE Centerline can in lighting us poor folk that have to watch it on tv.Please no rant on S/B I think most have there opinion on them.And don't get my wife started as she was watching to.

later OLDROD

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...vecarlist.aspx

Number 512.1 is a S/B. I don't care enough to spend the time looking thru the others being my computer is so slow. But there you are, a list of cars that have went thru B/J.

Brian
Old 05-23-2009, 10:41 AM

Last journal entry: Bringing home the 401 Nailhead
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...vecarlist.aspx

Number 512.1 is a S/B. I don't care enough to spend the time looking thru the others being my computer is so slow. But there you are, a list of cars that have went thru B/J.

Brian
Pictures not loading but 512.1 is listed as a ALL STEEL FORD. If it is a SB than the description is wrong
Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

The description does say steel car, 2 times. The pics show what appears to be a steel car, or reproduction fiberglass, at least the frame (what you can see of it through the fender) appears to have the taper indicative of a repro or original frame. (SB cars have straight frame sections) The grille appears to be a Ford or replica of a 33 as well. (it has the distinct curvature of a 33 grille as well as the normal amount of teeth.) You can also see welting between the fenders and body. SB cars are one piece body/fenders. Click on a picture and when the pic appears, hold teh ctrl button and use your scrollwheel to make the pics bigger, they are pretty clear, and high resolution when they enlarge.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...2.1&pop=0&it=1

That car actually sold 2 times on B-J, once in 2006, and again in 08. in 06 it brought 81K, in 08 it brought 55K...someone must have left a stain on the interior or something. Hahahahhaah

Later, mikey

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 05-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:10 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4strack
I am still trying to get the journal to get my pics uploaded, trouble every time. I have the IFS tacked together and will weld it up the touch up the paint next. I have been measuring for the rear axle, seams what SB says to use will be way to wide, any thoughts?

We have a 9" Ford from StreetBeasts and it doesn't look any different. Call Mike S. @ StreetBeasts and he can help you with your measurements.

Jay K.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4strack
I have been measuring for the rear axle, seams what SB says to use will be way to wide, any thoughts?

They used a ford mustang rear end and my 34. 8.8..It is to wide for the car..That's why you see them sit high in the back and front.The wheels are usually sticking out the side of the car.You sure won't put any deep wheels on it.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude076
Pictures not loading but 512.1 is listed as a ALL STEEL FORD. If it is a SB than the description is wrong
I'm sorry, it "looked" like a S/B and the price was so low I figured it was, sorry.

Brian
Old 05-23-2009, 05:11 PM

Last journal entry: Bringing home the 401 Nailhead
Last photo:

Here is a Streetbeast 41 Willys that sold for only 50 grand (includes the 10% buyers premium) at Barrett Jacksons.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...9&aid=51&pop=1
Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
1947 Chevy Coupe

Last photo:

Just the body was street beast, the crap frame was replaced by a different one, and everything else was aftermarket.

I wouldn't call this a street beast kit at all.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
tjn/56nomad

Streetbeast

Donaldm605, I wish that I was as intelligent as some of these detractor types! I've had a Streetbeast '34 Ford on the road for seven years and have had absolutely NO issues with the frame, body or suspension! In fact, No problems! For me, the car is a joy to drive, it tracks perfectly straight, is comfortable and handles well! (I also have a C4 TT Porsche that makes 742 HP on the GROUND, so I know a little about cars.) The assembly manual is easy to follow, is bound in a 3 ring binder. Factory support was fantastic!
Front suspension is mustang II, rear has coils, to which I added internal, inflatable air bags, 14" wheels front, 15" rears. Front disks, rear drums, ps, pw, tilt, ac, am/fm stereo w. cd, shaved handles.

I don't understand the BS about the frame either, it is ane hell of a heavy duty piece. The body is HEAVY duty glass, and is mostly one piece when finished except for doors, trunk lid , hood and engine side panels, NO rattles except what you bring on board!

I don't know how it compares $wise to other "kits" nor do I know about resale, and dont give a sh!1 as I don't plan on selling it! Moral of the story, don't knock it till you've tried it! TJN

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.