StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 77 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Donaldm605, I wish that I was as intelligent as some of these detractor types! I've had a Streetbeast '34 Ford on the road for seven years and have had absolutely NO issues with the frame, body or suspension! In fact, No problems! For me, the car is a joy to drive, it tracks perfectly straight, is comfortable and handles well! (I also have a C4 TT Porsche that makes 742 HP on the GROUND, so I know a little about cars.) The assembly manual is easy to follow, is bound in a 3 ring binder. Factory support was fantastic!
Front suspension is mustang II, rear has coils, to which I added internal, inflatable air bags, 14" wheels front, 15" rears. Front disks, rear drums, ps, pw, tilt, ac, am/fm stereo w. cd, shaved handles.

I don't understand the BS about the frame either, it is ane hell of a heavy duty piece. The body is HEAVY duty glass, and is mostly one piece when finished except for doors, trunk lid , hood and engine side panels, NO rattles except what you bring on board!

I don't know how it compares $wise to other "kits" nor do I know about resale, and dont give a sh!1 as I don't plan on selling it! Moral of the story, don't knock it till you've tried it! TJN
I had one !!! And I know alot about the car and the manual..Not going to get into this again.I'm happy for you..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 08:25 PM
tjn/56nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat
Darn Bill if you are not correct.. Now i remember all the crap that went down with both companys.Ladies and gentelman stay as far away from this company as you can!!!!!!! When they were fiberfab they made some of the biggest piles of .....well you know what i am talkin about. I beleive there may be a few hundred un useable cobra bodies laying around that this company riped people off on. Thanks again Bill!!! Fla has some real screwy laws about going bankrupt and coming back the next day as some one else.
Phat, sorry that you don't accept email! I really wanted to send you a "love" letter, to inform you of what I really think! TJN
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

You say you built your sb car and you have a question in electrical about how to wire a brakelight switch?..And another about how to remove an ignition switch? oooooooo k

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 05-23-2009, 10:58 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
........ (I also have a C4 TT Porsche that makes 742 HP on the GROUND, so I know a little about cars.)
This statement alone tells me this person has no clue. Its amazing how people will pretend to be more than they are on the internet. However, if by some miracle he does have what he claims, its a sure bet HE didn't build it. Yep he sure knows what he's talking about alright, no doubt about it. No wonder he bought a Streetbeast. It's just too bad he doesn't know how to wire a brake light switch. After all, it is a lot harder than deciphering the Streetbeast instruction manual you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Phat, sorry that you don't accept email! I really wanted to send you a "love" letter, to inform you of what I really think! TJN
Oh..... I'm sure he's quaking in his boots right about now. Too bad that everything he said is accurate..... but then you knew that or you wouldn't have been so defensive in your tone. That's OK though..... it happens when you want to argue a point but can't fabricate enough facts to dispute the truth.

Last edited by Centerline; 05-23-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
I wish that I was as intelligent as some of these detractor types!
I like this statement...LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
tjn/56nomad

Streetbeasts

Centerline, too bad that you don't accept emails! If you have never built a SB, you should keep your opinions to yourself and not parrot the words of others! My SB has a vin tag that states"Briggs Manufacturing Company, Detroit Michigan", one that you missed in your epistle! Sorry that you are so narrow minded! Just keep building your "Cab" engines that my E55 eat! I won't bore you with the other "classics" that I have, but I enjoy driving the SB the most! Please don't bother to respond as I really don't give a sh!7 what else you have to say! Over 70 pages regarding the SB tells me that there are a lot of insecure folks out there with time on their hands! By the way, do I give a sh!7 if steel parts don't fit? If I did I would have bought a steel car. Get it? Probably not! I am running a 350/425 HP and the welds or whatever haven't come apart yet (after 7 years). Gosh, I guess that I am just lucky! Have a nice nite and try to keep your uniformed opinions to yourself. TJN
Old 05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

You have a thing about emails, don't you? You know you could send your "love letters" to select members via our private message system....

WTH is a "cab" motor?...like a taxicab motor?

Later, mikey

Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 AM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Centerline, too bad that you don't accept emails! If you have never built a SB, you should keep your opinions to yourself and not parrot the words of others! My SB has a vin tag that states"Briggs Manufacturing Company, Detroit Michigan", one that you missed in your epistle! Sorry that you are so narrow minded! Just keep building your "Cab" engines that my E55 eat! I won't bore you with the other "classics" that I have, but I enjoy driving the SB the most! Please don't bother to respond as I really don't give a sh!7 what else you have to say! Over 70 pages regarding the SB tells me that there are a lot of insecure folks out there with time on their hands! By the way, do I give a sh!7 if steel parts don't fit? If I did I would have bought a steel car. Get it? Probably not! I am running a 350/425 HP and the welds or whatever haven't come apart yet (after 7 years). Gosh, I guess that I am just lucky! Have a nice nite and try to keep your uniformed opinions to yourself. TJN

"Another" Rocket Scientist Car "Expert" (Probably a Democrat also)...LOL

Ken
Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

TJN,

The best way to get on, is to just focus on your cars and family. Some folks need an enemy (real or imagined) to validate themselves. Keep your head up, and enjoy what you do. As for myself, my father and I are having a blast building our StreetBeast '34 Ford. The transmission is out of a 2005 Copperhead Viper. The bell housing is a McCleod, the engine is a Chevy 355 (not 383 as I previously thought) with aluminum heads and the name of the car is "No Loyalty"

Enjoying what I do,

Jay K.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

the opinions of these cars were not thought up just yesterday. you are new to streetrodding , some of us have been involved for 40 years. some of the opinions go a little too far , some are even second hand knowledge . but the fact remains that most streetrodders consider it a kit car. not a reproduction. it took 20 years for the fiberglass reproduction cars to be somewhat accepted by main stream streetrodders. some still don't like them. and they are dead ringers for originals . every time the streetbeast is brought up this is what you end up with a thousand posts of *****ing back and forth .
jgk95 , the most important part is building anything with your dad. enjoy it, have fun with it.
tjn , nobody cares how many cars you own or what kind. how many have you built ? just because some of these people don't like the streetbeast is no excuse for your personal attacks. shows a lack of class to me.

and over the years i have had the task of building a couple of these cars so i speak from experience . they are simply a kit car. not a 33/34 ford .
Old 05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Well said Shine

Later, Mikey

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn

"Another" Rocket Scientist Car "Expert" (Probably a Democrat also)...LOL
Ken
Yep the same rocket scientist that doesn't know how to wire a brake light switch.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of idiots on the internet that think threatening or pretending to be something they're not somehow intimidates people. In this guy's case not only has he no ability to express himself without resorting to profanity, but he is apparently incapable of debating an issue at almost any level. Of course it would be easier for him if he actually knew what he was talking about. After all, just about any high school auto shop student knows how to wire a simple switch.

Last edited by Centerline; 05-26-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...vecarlist.aspx

Number 512.1 is a S/B. I don't care enough to spend the time looking thru the others being my computer is so slow. But there you are, a list of cars that have went thru B/J.

Brian
Thanks Brian that is better then I can find although I did find two 32 vickys that had DOWNS body that were sold this year (40k)which is were I was looking as that was when I saw the sale or at lest it was supposed to be. I give up. my mess is DSL so it is not real slow but an't worth the time and trouble. You know 55k an't cheap as most street rods just don't usually bring that at B/J I know I would not take my 37 there if I was trying to sell it.

later OLDROD
Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Mikey,

Your work is talented! Our StreetBeasts '34 hood looks exactly like the one in the pictures and you made that hood out of steel?

Nicely done!

Yup, we are very happy with the build process of our StreetBeasts and are now looking at how to size up the placement of the wiring. This is some of that "Going where no man has gone before" action for my father and I. Yet a quick search of youtube.com has the solution for us already.

Just would like to mention again, that I like your work.

For the guy who'd like to see a rat rod in glass, check out ratsglassbodies.com. Those street rods have some bad *** rake on them.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Jay what is the link to the wiring. I am about ready to start on a 37 and I will be putting the fuse block and sending unit for the doors,locks ect. in the trunk and have not done that before. Yes i have wired several with the fuse block under the dash. Good luck on the rest of your car.

later OLDROD
Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
We have a 9" Ford from StreetBeasts and it doesn't look any different. Call Mike S. @ StreetBeasts and he can help you with your measurements.

Jay K.
We used a 95 MUSTANG rear end. A bout a 1/2" to wide on each side but we were aware of this so we just got the rims with a 1/2" more back set and we run big tires UNDER the finders a easy fix.

OLDROD

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.