StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 80 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Grow up "boys", if you don't like something then don't buy it! Pretty simple, eh? I have a Streetbeast and love it (don't give a sh!77 if you like it or not)! Try to direct your frustration toward something that you can impact! I have NO connection to SB! TJN
We have no frustration, "Gramps", it's all about sharing information.
Guys who have not bought one, should be warned that they are not the best deal going, and if they already bought one, we are here to help.

As you bought your car either already built, or paid someone to build it, your opinion has little validity.

The quote you brought up was from a guy who felt that our board was doing an unethical thing by ignoring his request to start a journal because he bought a streetbeast kit, which is not the case here.

But as you don't really demonstrate that you comprehend what this thread is about, make angry frustrated statements, want to tell everone who disagrees with you off, (love emails?), and use quotes out of context, it's ok, we just consider the source....

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 05:05 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Grow up "boys", if you don't like something then don't buy it! Pretty simple, eh? I have a Streetbeast and love it (don't give a sh!77 if you like it or not)! Try to direct your frustration toward something that you can impact! I have NO connection to SB! TJN

why are you even here ? since you don't care what we think why bother . your childish post serve no purpose other than to stir up **** .
Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

tjn,
I have to echo Shine and Mikey - if you don't like what we say here, then why are you staying? We have had very long discussions about Street Beasts, much of it reasonably and responsibly valid, some heated and some pure BS. If you are enthralled with what you have, regardless of who built it please show us - and in photographic form with a discussion of what was done to make it 'so nice' but until then, quite frankly, I suggest that you be very careful of what and how you respond to the folks on this board as many have a long tenure here and are much respected for their discussions and information.

Oh and I really don't like being called "boy". It indicates a negative connotation as I am, first of all, not a "boy" as I am an adult, over 65 and a professional manager.

Dave W
Old 05-31-2009, 12:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
..........Oh and I really don't like being called "boy". It indicates a negative connotation as I am, first of all, not a "boy" as I am an adult, over 65 and a professional manager.

Dave W
The only one around here that deserves that connotation tjn. Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does", and I think that statement pretty much describes tjn in a nut shell. So far he's been all talk and no action. If he has these high dollar high horsepower vehicles he claims to have then let him post some pictures of these "imaginary" cars. The sad thing is that even if he does have them, all that will prove is he has enough money to pay someone else to do something he doesn't' have the talent or intelligence to build himself.

.....and I don't like the term boy either. I'm an adult as well and retired from the Department of Defense, with 29 years service in the armed forces.... half flying fighters and half as an acquisition development manager for top secret stealth aircraft.

Last edited by Centerline; 05-31-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:44 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
The only one around here that deserves that connotation tjn. Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does", and I think that statement pretty much describes tjn in a nut shell. So far he's been all talk and no action. If he has these high dollar high horsepower vehicles he claims to have then let him post some pictures of these "imaginary" cars. The sad thing is that even if he does have them, all that will prove is he has enough money to pay someone else to do something he doesn't' have the talent or intelligence to build himself.

.....and I don't like the term boy either. I'm an adult as well and retired from the Department of Defense, with 29 years service in the armed forces.... half flying fighters and half as an acquisition development manager for top secret stealth aircraft.
Me either, the last time I was called a 'boy' was 25 years ago.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
tjn/56nomad

Streetbeasts

Hey guys, I'm happy to have everyone's attention! If I knew how to post pixs, I'd separate the "talk" from the "BS". I appreciate the responses, I'm really not a bad guy, just resent folks who badmouth certain things, when most are going on hearsay and have not actually built one , or owned one(Streetbeasts). I'm a car guy, have been for years. What if one of you had a '55 NOMAD and I said that was the worst one ever made? Would you be pis51? Would your feelings be hurt? (I have a '56 NOMAD). For you guys to continue badmouthing the Streetbeasts for 80 pages is absolutely unreal!

To change the subject for a minute are any of you going to York this weekend? I'd like you to see that I'm not really a pricX, but very much like you. TJN, '34 Ford 3 window coupe,(Streetbeast), '37 Ford Tudor Sedan,(all steel, for sale) '56 Nomad, '91 Porsche Carrera, converted TT, 742HP, AWD, on the ground, E55 Mercedes, 11.00/ 1/4. God bless, TJN
Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 AM

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:

just resent folks who badmouth certain things, when most are going on hearsay and have not actually built one , or owned one(Streetbeasts). I'm a car guy, have been for years. What if one of you had a '55 NOMAD and I said that was the worst one ever made? Would you be pis51?

Two points.......First......Having been into and building Street Rods for many years, the point is....There is a certain "Standard" that has evolved thruout the years in the Construction of, and the Mechanical areas of building a Steel or a Glass Car......Now....What we have been saying , Is that Street Beast is "NOT" built or contructed to these "Commercial" standards....This is not to say a Street Beast can't be made into a decent car..........But.........Time and Money would be better "Spent" on a Project using "Normal" readily available components..........instead of a Pile of parts that are "Suspect" right from the start that when completed still will not accepted as the Norm..........The main point is......."New" people getting into the Hobby or someone buying a Shiney "Old" car just don't understand .....
Second point.....Everyone understands that your Nomad was built by GM to certain standards and the playing field is level at that point .....and....as eveyone knows.......the level of maintainace and or customizing the car has received over the years is what people are looking at.....at this point it's personal taste........But........A Nomad is a Nomad.....

Ken
Old 06-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Hey guys, I'm happy to have everyone's attention! If I knew how to post pixs, I'd separate the "talk" from the "BS". I appreciate the responses, I'm really not a bad guy, just resent folks who badmouth certain things, when most are going on hearsay and have not actually built one , or owned one(Streetbeasts). I'm a car guy, have been for years. What if one of you had a '55 NOMAD and I said that was the worst one ever made? Would you be pis51? Would your feelings be hurt? (I have a '56 NOMAD). For you guys to continue badmouthing the Streetbeasts for 80 pages is absolutely unreal!
TJN
Just a few things wrong with this flawed analogy. The 55 Nomad is a proven classic acknowleged by everyone. The legacy of StreetBeast is well known and can in no way be compared to a 55 Nomad, pick a better comparison.

Vince
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 AM

Last journal entry: Bringing home the 401 Nailhead
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Hey guys, I'm happy to have everyone's attention! If I knew how to post pixs, I'd separate the "talk" from the "BS".
What format are your pics in? Digital? If so let us know and we can "walk" you through the process. If they are "paper" copies, you will have to convert them to a digital format. Any photo store can do them. Most of the photo machines in the local drug store, grocery store, etc. can also convert them to digital. Waiting for your reply.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Rob Here!

Here is a link to HR.com's WIKI, for a article on how to post pictures on the internet.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...res_on_a_forum

2nd of all tjn {& this time I am not being sarcastic} If you would have read all the pages you willl have know that Mikey is a WELL Versed fiberglass man.

It seems lately this thread has gotten a little off topic {happens} but the whole gist of it is to for warn others of the difficulties in these kits.

SB sells them as a kit that anyone can put together ,when in fact it takes a higher level of skills that most well seasoned wrench turners posses , almost to the point of it possibly be better off making all the parts from scratch.

If you want/ need some help posting pictures there are a lot of people including myself that are willing to help.

Also we offer a photo gallery for your stuff.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
tjn/56nomad

post pixs

Don't know if pixs will load, they're 2.5 MB and I don't find where to resize them. Thanks, TJN
Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjn
Don't know if pixs will load, they're 2.5 MB and I don't find where to resize them. Thanks, TJN
I resize mine in paints..
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

tjn- You can upload any size picture in your photo album here, then put your picture in your post by linking to the picture with an image code.

It will give you 3 sizes of pics to choose from in your post if you use files that big.

Rob is real good at that stuff, I'm sure he knows where there is a step by step directions that will help you.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM
tjn/56nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude076
What format are your pics in? Digital? If so let us know and we can "walk" you through the process. If they are "paper" copies, you will have to convert them to a digital format. Any photo store can do them. Most of the photo machines in the local drug store, grocery store, etc. can also convert them to digital. Waiting for your reply.
They are in digital format but are too large, where can they be resized? Thanks, TJN
Old 06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

TJN

If you go yo the 1st sticky on site suggestion & help ,or here is a link Image resizer

{that is one way I remember it} is {assuming you are running Windows} is a power toys for picture resizing.

Option #2

You can open a FREE account a www.photobucket.com & there you can do all kinds of neat stuff , some forums can not handle the actual hosting of the pictures & make you use a external hosting site to link to.

Like this,

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...icture1585.jpg

Now this is making some one look @ the pix.

this takes up a lot of space & will hinder people who are on dial up service.

Any way If you like PM me & we will finger out where you are @ & what you need to know.

AFTER you read this.

O TAY?

Rob

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.