StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 83 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 03:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

street beast

i looked ito one of these once years back and the guy kept callin me and would'bt quit , I told him he was leading me to believe that they were about to go out of business and that if he had to pester me like that I was'nt intrested , i ask to put me in contact with someone close to me so I could look at one ,he could'nt i saw one at a car show ...For sale .... go figure the guy would'nt say why he wanted to sell it and evaded any questons about it .

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 04:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock-t
i looked ito one of these once years back and the guy kept callin me and would'bt quit , I told him he was leading me to believe that they were about to go out of business and that if he had to pester me like that I was'nt intrested , i ask to put me in contact with someone close to me so I could look at one ,he could'nt i saw one at a car show ...For sale .... go figure the guy would'nt say why he wanted to sell it and evaded any questons about it .
No different then most Car Salesman. Once they know you are interested and you leave a dealership most will keep calling you to try to sell you something. Same thing with other things like car insurance. Go on line for quotes and they will hound you for awhile trying to sell you a policy. Other then that you are talking to a happy customer here. Post 1209 Page 81 and you can see my car finished from many years ago. Still have it and still enjoy driving it. No complaints on my end. The guy at the car show you spoke to might of just thought you were a (tire kicker). Plenty of them around at car shows and it might be the reason he evaded your questions.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:48 AM

Streetbeast Resources

If you go to youtube and type in streetbeast you will find a good guy named Pete of Southwest Customs shows, he shows you step by step how these cars go together. I have one and they are well made and not all that hard to put together. It costs a bundle to put a hot rod together but I have cut corners by using wrecking yard parts and swap meets. It's a fun rewarding hobby and I'd rather spend my money on hot rods than anything else. I also have a 1953 Custom cab Chevy PU, a 1957 Chevy Pickup and a 50 Mercury custom I'm working on. Beats the heck out of a new car at $25K or more.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Last photo:

You guys with the low post's count are either not reading this thread totally or have some financial interest in Streetbeast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion this firm needs to be avoided at all cost.

It's you money
Vince
Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
You guys with the low post's count are either not reading this thread totally or have some financial interest in Streetbeast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion this firm needs to be avoided at all cost.

It's you money
Vince
Really Vince. Hope you are not talking to me here. I have no financial interest in Street Beasts. I have read this thread some years ago from the beginning. I made my purchase back in 1992 from Classic Motor Carriages. If you go back and read my posts you will know my story. Still very happy with the car I built. I have no complaints other then what I have had to say in past threads. For that you would have to go back and read.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:09 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

vince , your wasting your time with these guys . they wouldn't know quality if it bit them. just let them tell their stories . no one believes them anyway.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

This thread exists for one main reason and that is to educate the novice street rodder so that he or she makes an educated decision. There is a very good reason this thread has high rankings when someone Googles the term Streetbeast, and George Lavin and his associates are reaping the rewards. That, in a nut shell is the underlying reason they are suing Jon. He, along with the rest of the hotrodding community are providing truthful information about a shabby company with a dismal record who's sole purpose is to fleece the unsuspecting novice out of his hard earned cash. It's not just this board either. Perform a search on any automotive related forum and almost every one will have at least one thread about Streetbeast and the opinions you'll find will pretty much mirror those found here.

For those who have already purchased a Streetbeast we can only try to help them complete their build successfully which, by the way, is no easy task. For those contemplating a purchase, we can only try to open their eyes so they can make an educated choice. If they choose not to listen, well.... its their money and like they say, a sucker is born every minute.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
vince , your wasting your time with these guys . they wouldn't know quality if it bit them. just let them tell their stories . no one believes them anyway.
Shine, Stick it where the Sun don't shine. You must of saw pictures of my car. Come down to Somerset, N.J. and see it for yourself or anyone else on this forum and tell me I am a liar to my face. You don't believe me. What do you have to show? What do you think I did purchase pictures of a car and then just put them on this forum for the heck of it awhile back? I could care less about Street Beast or the previous regime Classic Motor Carriages and Fiberfab. You are a real jerk just by me reading your latest post in calling me a liar. You don't know me to say that. I have better things to do then makeup bull***** to write on this forum. I subscribe to this thread. When someone posts here I get an email showing me the posts. Haven't been on this forum in a long while otherwise.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Streetbeast anger

I thought the point of this forum was to pass on info about our personal experiences and knowledge about various ideas for hot rod building projects. I didn't expect to be insulted on my first post, but I guess I should have figured on it. I thought I was passing on an excellent resource that shows on video each step of the build. The videos make a difficult build into not so difficult build. I bought my "streetbeast" back in 1993 and didn't have all that much of a problem. For those that bought one and gave up because it was too hard there's really great step by step how-to videos on YouTube by just typing in Streetbeast. That's what I wanted to pass on. Maybe I shouldn't have said I didn't have much of a problem with my 34 in such a hostile environment. And as for a difficult build, I've really never found any hot rod project that didn't offer a significant challenge for even an experienced gear head. That's the fun of it, the challenge, the creative expression, the work and the accomplishment. I don't have stock in the company and don't care if people buy the car or not, couldn't care less. When I bought mine I only paid $8000 with several upgrades added. I couldn't afford one at today's prices even if I was working full time. My advise for anyone building a hot rod is to buy a real steel car or truck to build, that will be money well spent. I would probably never buy another fiberglass body for a project car no matter how good it was, good old Detroit steel is just a better investment. That's just my preference with no animosity behind it.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

unlike many i have all the proof i need in my albums . i build for a living not as a hobby so i have just a little bit more experience in the field. i know the full story on sb. where they came from , when they started . i have actually built 3 of them over the years and know full well what the problems are . i also have first hand knowledge of what happens in time with 1 piece bodies no matter who builds them. since i restore vintage corvettes i know a little about glass cars. coming on here and telling folks you are tickled speechless with yours is no help to the guy waiting on parts or someone who is thinking about buying one. if you had read all the post about them you would find very few who were happy but many who lost their money or got stuck with a car they cant sell. defend them all you want but i aint buying it. but with 4 post in 6 years you are just here to fan the flames imo and i really don't care what you think of me.

Last edited by shine; 07-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1964
I thought the point of this forum was to pass on info about our personal experiences and knowledge about various ideas for hot rod building projects. I didn't expect to be insulted on my first post, but I guess I should have figured on it. I thought I was passing on an excellent resource that shows on video each step of the build. The videos make a difficult build into not so difficult build. I bought my "streetbeast" back in 1993 and didn't have all that much of a problem. For those that bought one and gave up because it was too hard there's really great step by step how-to videos on YouTube by just typing in Streetbeast. That's what I wanted to pass on. Maybe I shouldn't have said I didn't have much of a problem with my 34 in such a hostile environment. And as for a difficult build, I've really never found any hot rod project that didn't offer a significant challenge for even an experienced gear head. That's the fun of it, the challenge, the creative expression, the work and the accomplishment. I don't have stock in the company and don't care if people buy the car or not, couldn't care less. When I bought mine I only paid $8000 with several upgrades added. I couldn't afford one at today's prices even if I was working full time. My advise for anyone building a hot rod is to buy a real steel car or truck to build, that will be money well spent. I would probably never buy another fiberglass body for a project car no matter how good it was, good old Detroit steel is just a better investment. That's just my preference with no animosity behind it.
Gearhead1964 you pretty much remind me of myself here as I bought mine from Classic Motor Carriages in '92. Street Beasts didn't exist in '93 they didn't take over until the late 90's. Plenty on this forum don't care for Street Beasts the company or the former Classic Motor Carriages and Fiberfab. Many have good reason for feeling that way over the years especially in the early 90's when Classic Motor Carriages was selling kits off of a empty shelf and didn't ship and when they shipped most likely it came with half of the parts needed to build one. That is what happened to me back then. None the less I did get mine done finally when Street Beast came into existence and I was able to get the parts I needed to complete mine. No matter what anyone says out there these cars are not easy to build. Anyone who has built one knows what I am talking about. As I said many posts back the average Joe can not build this car.

As far as the You Tube Video's are concerned they were already mentioned on this forum awhile back. As you can see this thread has been ongoing for quite a few years. One really needs to go back and read the whole thread if posting for the first time when coming to this thread.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,123 Times in 998 Posts
I have to say, I have seen some VERY nice Streetbeast kits! There is one that will show up at local shows, it will BLOW AWAY almost every car there in detail. It is absolutly stunning, "show quality". And if anyone reads my stuff they know what "show quality" means to me.

That doesn't mean it is a good car, that doesn't mean it is a good company and it does't mean their time couldn't have been spent on something more valuable. But damn, you can't say it can't be done!

Brian
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
unlike many i have all the proof i need in my albums . i build for a living not as a hobby so i have just a little bit more experience in the field. i know the full story on sb. where they came from , when they started . i have actually built 3 of them over the years and know full well what the problems are . i also have first hand knowledge of what happens in time with 1 piece bodies no matter who builds them. since i restore vintage corvettes i know a little about glass cars. coming on here and telling folks you are tickled speechless with yours is no help to the guy waiting on parts or someone who is thinking about buying one. if you had read all the post about them you would find very few who were happy but many who lost their money or got stuck with a car they cant sell. defend them all you want but i aint buying it. but with 4 post in 6 years you are just hear to fan the flames imo and i really dont care what you think of me.
Shine I am not the average Joe out there. I have been in the Automotive Parts Business now 32 years. I have owned plenty of Corvettes since 1970 when I purchased my first a '67 Corvette Convertible. I still own two Corvettes that I still drive today. A 1967 Coupe and a 1973 Coupe both that I show. I only built 1 Classic Motor Carriages Street Rod. I had some of the same problems you mentioned above as others had in that I did not receive all the parts with my kit. I documented this in past posts here. I bought mine in stages paying for the bare frame first in '92. After finishing off the frame I sent for the body and fiberglass parts. As I have mentioned before not all parts where sent back in the early 90's but I didn't get stuck like many others at the time having to pay for something I didn't get back then. As I mentioned I have had mine since '92. The body on my '34 is holding up just fine. I have no idea of what you are talking about based on my own car and one piece bodies not holding up. The bodies on both my Corvettes come off in 1 piece. Whats the difference? By the way you need to go back and see I have quite a few posts on this forum not just 4 as you are telling everyone. Look in my profile and see for yourself. I am not here to push anyone into buying from Street Beasts. I could care less but I am not going to lie about my car. I built it and I am happy with it. I think it looks great. The pictures I posted pretty much tell the story of what I have along with details in my posts.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Street Beasts, can look good.. just saw a '34 earlier today that was very nice. 2 tone, painted in a way that it masks the car being 1 peice.. I don't think anyone is arguing that Street Beasts can or cannot look good.. the issue is of Street Beasts marketing tactics, and not deliver parts on time.. even if they produced the best product, there marketing tactics and faliure to deliver parts would ultimatly drive them down... Remember Tucker?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Sighhhhhhh!!!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.