StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 85 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

streetbeast

[QUOTE=MARTINSR]LOL, the "economy" had little to do with the company "going out of business". Let's just say the Feds put him out of business because allegedly the owner had broken a few laws concerning how he treated his customers.

Brian[/QUOTE)

Brian Choosing your words kind of softly. LOL

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2010, 01:15 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Question for JGK95. Don't know if you remember talking to me on the forum a couple of years back. I see you mentioned if I read it correctly that Street Beast has gone out of business. Wasn't aware of that. When did that happen?

Hi Rick,

Of course, I remember you. I can't put a formal date or time but I'd guess around June/July?

Their callbacks to my Dad and rarely me stopped around then. This also happened in conjuction with George Lavin and the racketeering lawsuit.

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. More to the point, why is their website still up and who's paying the hosting bills for that site and domain registration?
Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hi Rick,

Of course, I remember you. I can't put a formal date or time but I'd guess around June/July?

Their callbacks to my Dad and rarely me stopped around then. This also happened in conjuction with George Lavin and the racketeering lawsuit.

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. More to the point, why is their website still up and who's paying the hosting bills for that site and domain registration?
Because there are people who will be sleezy forever and every single thing they do in life is sleezy. It's like the person that gets busted for something then reopens the business under his wife's name.

Do you REALLY think he is "Broke"? He has more money than we will see in a lifetime. Keeping that site running to him is like the money I have in pistachios in the bowl on my table for my guests today.

Brian
Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Because there are people who will be sleezy forever and every single thing they do in life is sleezy. It's like the person that gets busted for something then reopens the business under his wife's name.

Do you REALLY think he is "Broke"? He has more money than we will see in a lifetime. Keeping that site running to him is like the money I have in pistachios in the bowl on my table for my guests today.

Brian

Has anyone seen the bowl of pistachios.

Bob
Old 11-25-2010, 01:43 PM

Last photo:

I picked this up with my gift card I got from work for Thanksgiving. My wife had already bought the turkey, we didn't need another one of them!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7131.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	50327  
Old 11-25-2010, 02:01 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast

Quote:
I picked this up with my gift card I got from work for Thanksgiving. My wife had already bought the turkey, we didn't need another one of them!

Brian
Brian You aren't very good at picking out bottles at the store, that one looks like it's been on the shelve too long it has evaporated some it looks like to me.

Have a nice turkey day. Bob
Old 11-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Last photo:

I had to test it last night! It is SMOOOOOTH.

Brian
Old 11-25-2010, 02:27 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:

Brian
Jay Brian hit it right on the head. They played you like a record, as long as you kept posting how much they helped you. I had said on another thread they tried to play me when I was on the Msra Board, They gave me parts, they made sure I liked my car. I knew what they were trying, all the time I was rebuilding it from the frame up. I was surprised that people were still buying there kit, when every magazine you would pick up would have people writing in on how hard it was to get parts.
Why do they still have a web site, like Brian said they always will. My sister-in-law had her builder of her house close up for the winter, I asked her why are they stopping now, Too cold she was told, hell they work up here when it's -35. Well he was closing shop, took them for some money, before she knew he had walked away he open under a new name, She could do nothing.
You my friend will get yours done, I'm sure of it.

Happy turkey day Bob
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
I had to test it last night! It is SMOOOOOTH.

Brian
Well pass the bottle it's only 2 degrees above zero here.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:54 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Not one of the single malts I've sampled when in Scotland, but not all are "nice" IMHO. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste

Dave W
Old 11-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Not one of the single malts I've sampled when in Scotland, but not all are "nice" IMHO. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste

Dave W
Dave I like brandy myself,oh and beer, and really the list could go on, come to think of it there isn't any I don't like, just some more than others.

Bob
Old 11-25-2010, 04:38 PM

Last photo:

My dad would have a shot of E&J, the regular E&J. I have never been much of a drinker but back a few years ago I started picking up shot glasses while on vacation and I would have a good brandy in the house for a shot now and again. I still can't believe how much better a brandy is after spending just a few more bucks. I wish my dad was still around so I could buy him a bottle of some VSOP. But after a recommendation to try some good Whiskey like Jim Beam Black I have found that the Whiskey is more my taste. But a good Tequila is great as well. I just tried this Speyburn for a change, springing for a few more bucks as a treat. But honestly, a shot, just a shot every few nights, it lasts a long time, why not get the good stuff?

I go to my shot glass collection and take a little mini vacation with the memories flooding my head as I pick out a glass. I never thought I would be "the guy" with a display case collection of shot glasses (same with coffee cups and beer glasses) but I enjoy the heck out them. I'm enjoying a Franziskaner beer right this minute out of a Franziskaner glass I got at an Oktoberfest celebration we went to this year.

We change over the years don't we! And I agree Bob, they all have something to offer. The way I look at it is it must be good or no one would buy it! Every single brand is going to be good to someone! So I will give it a try and see what I find. Same goes for food. Our senses are I believe Gods greatest gift to us. To taste and smell a good meal or drink, I am there and I am thankful for it every time.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7005.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	50336  
Old 11-25-2010, 05:05 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
My dad would have a shot of E&J, the regular E&J. I have never been much of a drinker but back a few years ago I started picking up shot glasses while on vacation and I would have a good brandy in the house for a shot now and again. I still can't believe how much better a brandy is after spending just a few more bucks. I wish my dad was still around so I could buy him a bottle of some VSOP. But after a recommendation to try some good Whiskey like Jim Beam Black I have found that the Whiskey is more my taste. But a good Tequila is great as well. I just tried this Speyburn for a change, springing for a few more bucks as a treat. But honestly, a shot, just a shot every few nights, it lasts a long time, why not get the good stuff?

I go to my shot glass collection and take a little mini vacation with the memories flooding my head as I pick out a glass. I never thought I would be "the guy" with a display case collection of shot glasses (same with coffee cups and beer glasses) but I enjoy the heck out them. I'm enjoying a Franziskaner beer right this minute out of a Franziskaner glass I got at an Oktoberfest celebration we went to this year.

We change over the years don't we! And I agree Bob, they all have something to offer. The way I look at it is it must be good or no one would buy it! Every single brand is going to be good to someone! So I will give it a try and see what I find. Same goes for food. Our senses are I believe Gods greatest gift to us. To taste and smell a good meal or drink, I am there and I am thankful for it every time.

Brian
I'm really not a big drinker anymore, when I was young and not so smart, well that's another story. But when I got my Kidney Transplant my 1st doctor said no drinking at all, nothing with booze. well I would get a new Doc, but they all said the same. Now I wasn't changing Docs, the U of M was, where I had my transplant. I was down there about 6 months ago, There was a new Doc.
so I asked her if I could have a beer once in awhile, to my surprise she said I don't see why not. So now on Thursday nights when our little street rod club goes out, I have a beer, you have no clue how good that first one tasted after 10 years without one. One problem, I thinks she's older than me, I hope like hell she out lives me.LOL

Bob
Old 11-25-2010, 05:25 PM

Last photo:

We all should enjoy our beer as you do, no need for more, just enjoy a good beer.

Brian
Old 11-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

This slight thread hijack gave me a slight thirst so I had to 'hit' my bottle of John Jameson Irish for a wee dram.

A Scottish Whiskey Trail trip can be an interesting one. I've never nor ever will do a visit that way, but I have been known to make an occasional stop to sample the wares. I've found some that I like and some that I wont try again.

My daily is a single beer - and a fairly local one at that, Genesee Cream Ale. I do know that my son and one son in law wont drink it so I know it's as safe in the fridge as is the Guinness.

That single malt of yours, Brian, sounds like it is from near Glasgow and the River Spey

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.