StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 88 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Mine was a one piece mold too.
Hey no one put a nickel in you, besides you young ones should be in bed.
Hi jay did you get my message? I don't know if you looked at boat shops or not. Just an idea.

Bob

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
What was the name on it, "Classic motor cars" or what ever? It sounds like the bodies went thru a evolution.

Brian
Old 11-26-2010, 11:29 PM

Last photo:

Centerline back in '92 I had a friend of mine pick up my frame from CMC in Miami,Florida. He use to run produce back and forth from Florida to the Northeast every 2 weeks. He picked up my frame in '92 and body in either late '93 or early '94 if I remember correctly. Without the paperwork in front of me I am guessing at the moment but it was still CMC at the time. I believe CMC closed their doors sometime in '95. I was contacted a number of times by the owner of Kit Car Magazine wanting to know if I wanted to get in on the lawsuit but decided to stay out of it being I settled with CMC earlier but there were many that paid ahead of time for their kit and came up empty that needed to get in on the lawsuit from what I remember.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:01 AM

Last photo:

steatbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
What was the name on it, "Classic motor cars" or what ever? It sounds like the bodies went thru a evolution.

Brian
Mine was a CMC, I have been to the factory a half dozen tines, my in laws lived done there And we went to FL every winter, I had a truck pick nine up while I was there, I was suppose to see it before it was loaded but they had it crated up.
I think the bodies did change. I will go out and take a picture of my firewall and post it.

Bob
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Centerline back in '92 I had a friend of mine pick up my frame from CMC in Miami,Florida. He use to run produce back and forth from Florida to the Northeast every 2 weeks. He picked up my frame in '92 and body in either late '93 or early '94 if I remember correctly. Without the paperwork in front of me I am guessing at the moment but it was still CMC at the time. I believe CMC closed their doors sometime in '95. I was contacted a number of times by the owner of Kit Car Magazine wanting to know if I wanted to get in on the lawsuit but decided to stay out of it being I settled with CMC earlier but there were many that paid ahead of time for their kit and came up empty that needed to get in on the lawsuit from what I remember.
You were probably contacted by Curt Scott. He was part of a law suit Lavin filed because somehow someone obtained a customer list and used it to contact CMC owners like you. Some of his articles were instrumental in getting the Florida Attorney General's office to finally shut CMC down. Unfortunately he lost the law suit and as part of the settlement was not allowed to mention CMC or Lavin in any further publications. There was another guy Lavin sued about that flap as well and that guy (I forget his name) died of cancer before the suit was settled. Lavin didn't care and continued the suit and went after the guys estate. What an A-hole that guy is! Any time anyone tries to get the truth out he files suit. Jon is a perfect example of another attempt by Lavin and his lawyers to silence anyone who is willing to publish the truth about his sleazy enterprises. The guy is just one of the slimiest creatures alive. The good news is that he's getting old and hopefully won't be around much longer. We can only hope it won't be too long before he rots in he11 along with all the other slime.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Don't retreat.... just reload". - Sarah Palin

Last edited by Centerline; 11-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
You were probably contacted by Curt Scott. He was part of a law suit Lavin filed because somehow someone obtained a customer list and used it to contact CMC owners like you. Some of his articles were instrumental in getting the Florida Attorney General's office to finally shut CMC down. Unfortunately he lost the law suit and as part of the settlement was not allowed to mention CMC or Lavin in any further publications. There was another guy Lavin sued about that flap as well and that guy (I forget his name) died of cancer before the suit was settled. Lavin didn't care and continued the suit and went after the guys estate. What an A-hole that guy is! Any time anyone tries to get the truth out he files suit. Jon is a perfect example of another attempt by Lavin and his lawyers to silence anyone who is willing to publish the truth about his sleazy enterprises. The guy is just one of the slimiest creatures alive. The good news is that he's getting old and hopefully won't be around much longer. We can only hope it won't be too long before he rots in he11 along with all the other slime.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Don't retreat.... just reload". - Sarah Palin
Centerline, You are right it was Curt Scott. Couldn't remember the name when posting last night but recognized it right away when you mentioned it here on the forum.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:

Brian
Brian Here are the picture of mine from 1989, it does look like they made body changes. one is when we just put the body with fenders on the frame, one showing the step in my firewall, and on where we had cut the SB fenders right down the middle, I had cut the crank hole section out and fitted the valley grille when we put the Wescott fenders on we left the grille section there and cut the Wescott fenders straight so I didn't have to rework where the grille was and glass the two fenders together like they are.

Bob

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_1.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	911.4 KB
ID:	50417   Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_2.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	1,011.4 KB
ID:	50418  

Last edited by 35terraplane; 11-27-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: forgot pictures
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Hey no one put a nickel in you, besides you young ones should be in bed.
Hi jay did you get my message? I don't know if you looked at boat shops or not. Just an idea.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Loved, the post above!

Yes, got the message, we've been working with a street rod shop in Niles,IL who's doing the legwork to find us a boat guy that can assist us. So far no luck.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Brian Here are the picture of mine from 1989, it does look like they made body changes. one is when we just put the body with fenders on the frame, one showing the step in my firewall, and on where we had cut the SB fenders right down the middle, I had cut the crank hole section out and fitted the valley grille when we put the Wescott fenders on we left the grille section there and cut the Wescott fenders straight so I didn't have to rework where the grille was and glass the two fenders together like they are.

Bob
Aren't the body and fenders one piece in these photos?

Brian
Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 AM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
Aren't the body and fenders one piece in these photos?

Brian
YES They call it brain fade. you can see how they are different on the firewall. I tried to sent the picture where we had opened up the fender but for some reason I can't get it to down load. It had just the glass and bondo on it. I will try again on this one. those pictures were taken in 1989 when I first started on it, I had had it sitting in the crate for a year while we finished two other cars.

Bob
Old 11-28-2010, 10:22 AM

Last photo:

streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hi Bob,

Loved, the post above!

Yes, got the message, we've been working with a street rod shop in Niles,IL who's doing the legwork to find us a boat guy that can assist us. So far no luck.

Cheers,

Jay K.
I would look around myself, with times being like they are, I just don't think someone would go out and look for someone to take money out of his pocket, IMO.

BOB
Old 11-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
I would look around myself, with times being like they are, I just don't think someone would go out and look for someone to take money out of his pocket, IMO.

BOB
We have already and that's the problem. Everyone we spoke to is either "too busy or our job is too small". We've also spoke with guys who've done it "Once or Twice" and have passed on them for the time being.

Additionally, I'm well aware of the 'shop's finders fee' that would accompany the reference.

Jay K.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 AM

Speedster C

I'm the not so proud owner of a Streetbeasts Speedster C kit. I was fortunate enough to have this kit shipped to me when the company was going under last August. It was minus some parts like the windshield and various other hardware. I'd like to connect with someone on this forum who has inside knowledge of the company and where they might have sourced these parts.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecks2020
I'm the not so proud owner of a Streetbeasts Speedster C kit. I was fortunate enough to have this kit shipped to me when the company was going under last August. It was minus some parts like the windshield and various other hardware. I'd like to connect with someone on this forum who has inside knowledge of the company and where they might have sourced these parts.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the company has gone down and they had a auction on everything. I heard that only about half the stuff was bought, I don't know what is there yet, if it is parts, or machines, or some of both. I know you paid for all the stuff, but to get your car done you might have to buy it again. You can go on e-bay, maybe Craigslist, Car ads on the internet. to see if you can find them, the glass you can have cut maybe, you would have to check with a glass company in your town. sorry for the bad news.

Bob
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Last photo:

I had the same problem back around 1995 when CMC went out of business. I didn't get everything that I was suppose to get either. I had my windshield, side and rear glass cut at a local Automotive Glass Shop. Other things can be bought in the aftermarket. Not knowing what else you are missing no one here can tell you exactly where to look. I would say for you to start making a list so you have it on hand as you check the internet.

Last edited by poncho62; 01-20-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Classified ad. Please use the Hotrodders Classifieds for classified ads.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.