StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 89 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecks2020
I'm the not so proud owner of a Streetbeasts Speedster C kit. I was fortunate enough to have this kit shipped to me when the company was going under last August. It was minus some parts like the windshield and various other hardware. I'd like to connect with someone on this forum who has inside knowledge of the company and where they might have sourced these parts.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
I'd look for forums where the owners of these cars hang or continue using the web search engines to see if there are others out there.
OR...
use ebaymotors to contact sellers of the SB speedster "C" and ask them for assistance or additional pictures. This is one method of learning. Perhaps someone is selling your exact car but a completed kit. You can always ask them for advice.

Good luck either way Man!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast rod kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
I'd look for forums where the owners of these cars hang or continue using the web search engines to see if there are others out there.
OR...
use ebaymotors to contact sellers of the SB speedster "C" and ask them for assistance or additional pictures. This is one method of learning. Perhaps someone is selling your exact car but a completed kit. You can always ask them for advice.

Good luck either way Man!
Jay you started on yours again. I shouldn't tell you this but I'm making fiberglass panels for my trunk right now.

Bob
Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Jay you started on yours again. I shouldn't tell you this but I'm making fiberglass panels for my trunk right now.

Bob
LOL! To quote a friend "Who put a nickel in you?" Just yesterday a rod shop from WI. came out to look at the car and we should know this week whether or not we can work together. It's my hopes that they take the car and perform not only the repair work, but hang the doors, trunk and seal up the floor.

Will keep you all updated.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM

Last photo:

street beast kits

Quote:
LOL! To quote a friend "Who put a nickel in you?" Just yesterday a rod shop from WI. came out to look at the car and we should know this week whether or not we can work together. It's my hopes that they take the car and perform not only the repair work, but hang the doors, trunk and seal up the floor.

Will keep you all updated.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Well I hope it works out. Still have a lot of winter left to work on them. I like to go to Florida for a month to six weeks, Don't know if I will, but if I do, I don't have much time.

Bob
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM

Last photo:

A quick hit n run for you all. Found a body in another state. It's being brought up on Sat. Will be removing/shedding the existing shell and going forward. Any photos of how you guys ran your electrical would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks Jay K.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast kits

Quote:
A quick hit n run for you all. Found a body in another state. It's being brought up on Sat. Will be removing/shedding the existing shell and going forward. Any photos of how you guys ran your electrical would be greatly appreciated here.

Thanks Jay K.
Well Jay thought you were in a snow drift some where, good to here you will be back in the shop.

My board is in the trunk, but I have been toying with moving it to another spot in the trunk. No room up front, I have wired over 200 street rods, and have put them back there before.

Bob
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Jay - this is where my '31 is wired from. You do have to do some advance planning and decide how you want the wires to run. I thought I had - but of course was wrong by at least 50%. The battery is in the trunk and just behind the module. There is an access panel where I can reach the fuses as well as the sub always on panel:

THESE WIRES WERE REROUTED AFTER THE PHOTO WAS TAKEN

Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
I love the mess after you were done, you take photos like me. No one can understand how much work you put into it without seeing stuff like that.

Brian
Old 02-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Last photo:

Guys,

Thank you for the photos. However, I wish more SB owners would post their photos.

Took ownership of the new replacement shell and will be able to paint the firewall this time instead of finding out after the fact!

WE'RE BACK IN BIZNESS!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Guys,

Thank you for the photos. However, I wish more SB owners would post their photos.

Took ownership of the new replacement shell and will be able to paint the firewall this time instead of finding out after the fact!

WE'RE BACK IN BIZNESS!!

Jay - home wiring any car, regardless of brand/make, etc - is the same. When (IF??) I ever do another, there were 'lessons learned' and other directions I would take to hide wires

Dave W
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast kit's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Jay - home wiring any car, regardless of brand/make, etc - is the same. When (IF??) I ever do another, there were 'lessons learned' and other directions I would take to hide wires

Dave W
I would agree with Dave. I used the same board on many different cars the wires were run almost the same, I would come up with some better ways the more cars I did. Like I said on the other thread, it depends on where your board is, if you have to put it in the trunk, then more wires going under the floor or through a tube or in the roof.
As Dave said plan it out first, don't just start to put wires down. Don't work yourself into a rut.

Bob

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Last photo:

SB 34 cab kit

i'm getting front rims, cragar ss 14" 3.3" back space but cragar tech says they've had issues clearing disk brakes (11"), and recommended using 15" if i can. has anyone done that with this kit car? if so, what size? what tire size makes this work? Body is not on the frame yet and want rims for a rolling chassis. any help is appreciated.
don't need any lectures about crappy SB kits got it 2nd hand and unstarted.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast rod kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrick
i'm getting front rims, cragar ss 14" 3.3" back space but cragar tech says they've had issues clearing disk brakes (11"), and recommended using 15" if i can. has anyone done that with this kit car? if so, what size? what tire size makes this work? Body is not on the frame yet and want rims for a rolling chassis. any help is appreciated.
This thread was not started to give any crap about these kit's it was started to give help to people that had them. With that said, your question, I have 14" rims on mine and the tire I will be running, I can't think of the size tire, The rims are with a stock off set, they do need to go in a little,I will post a picture. Now the not so good news, I have widen my fenders 2" other wise the body would not sit down far enough for my liking. you said you have not mounted your body yet, I think you will find this out when you do. The cross member is too wide, the fender will come to the edge of the tire, so I don't know if 3.3" will be enough you will drop the edge over the tire, but I don't think you can turn it. Now mine is from 89, I don't know if they ever change that or not, I can go out and measure mine if you would like, just let me know.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	53376   Click image for larger version

Name:	side veiw 33.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	53377  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrick
The factory recommends 14" wheels for the Front of your car and 15" in the
Rear. That is what I used in my build during the early 90's. I ended up using American Racing Wheel Mags on my car. The set I used is not made anymore. If you look back in this thread you will see pictures of my car with this wheel combo. During the time of my build I used a '89 Mustang LX Rear end with drum brakes. The front are Disc. No problem with my 14" Wheels and Disc Brakes up front. Can't understand why you were told to use 15" up front. The '89 Mustang LX Rear End was equipped with 4 lug and was changed to a 5 lug setup
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 AM

Doing a quick mock up with your wheels is really the only way you can tell. For instance, the 15's in the front of my car will clear the disc system with no problem, but those are smaller diameter rotors (Granada 11" with Wilwood calipers). The rears - oops. Those are the 11.75 Wilwood racing type and will NOT clear and then it got expensive

And as far as knocking SB - well if you need to, there's another very long thread for that as this one is for help - ONLY

Dave W

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.