StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 90 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

thanks guys for the inputs. I am by no means bashing SB. it just seems that every hotrodding forum is chock full of attitudes regarding SB and their engineering / manufacturing. I got this kit dirt cheap and am going to work with it, learning the whole way.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast rod kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrick
thanks guys for the inputs. I am by no means bashing SB. it just seems that every hotrodding forum is chock full of attitudes regarding SB and their engineering / manufacturing. I got this kit dirt cheap and am going to work with it, learning the whole way.
We are on the wrong thread, I noticed it last night after I made my post.
the thread we want is streetbeast builds, tips, problems, and solutions, by poncho62. before we get to far into this we can move over there, right now it is on the forth page of the lounge.

This thread is jgk95 build thread for his car.

see you there

Bob
Old 03-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Last photo:

street beast rod kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
We are on the wrong thread, I noticed it last night after I made my post.
the thread we want is street beast builds, tips, problems, and solutions, by poncho62. before we get to far into this we can move over there, right now it is on the forth page of the lounge.

This thread is jgk95 build thread for his car.

see you there

Bob
For you that are on here the last day or two I moved over to the right thread list above, street beast builds. Thanks

Bob
Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 PM

Last photo:

rear suspension

what type rear suspension is being run on SB kits? The instructions say 4link but @ 112" WB not much room for top links. Trying to figure out the grometry. Is anyone running the ladder bars with a panhard bar setup?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Last photo:

street beast kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrick
what type rear suspension is being run on SB kits? The instructions say 4link but @ 112" WB not much room for top links. Trying to figure out the grometry. Is anyone running the ladder bars with a panhard bar setup?
I think you read that wrong, They use a Mustang or Ford triangulated four bar, not a four link.
I have a Jag in mine.
Most of th Q&A are on a different thread Street beast builds Tips problems and solutions you will get more help than here.

Bob
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM
KOOL IS KING @ :^ )

Last photo:

1934 Ford Coupe Streetbeast @ :^ )

HI THERE I HAVE ONE A 1934 FORD COUPE LIKE THE OLD ZZTOP CAR STILL IN BOX OR CRATE STREETBEAST THREE WINDOW CHOPPED********************

Last edited by poncho62; 03-24-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Classified ad. Please use the Hotrodders Classifieds for classified ads.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJRR67
HI THERE I HAVE ONE A 1934 FORD COUPE LIKE THE OLD ZZTOP CAR STILL IN BOX OR CRATE STREETBEAST THREE WINDOW CHOPPED********************
Ads are not allowed on the board...We have a free classified section....thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Last photo:

Amen .................................................. ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I just love listening to you guys about how bad streetbeast are build; or was it how hard it is to build one? I am currently in the process of completing a streetbeast. Granted it has taken me about 15 months, however it isn't my full time project. I have looked at Outlaw,Gibbons, and Downs bodies. There isn't a Fiberglas body out there that doesn't require modifications. I don't uderstand where the problem is on the frame. I am running a blown 327 Chevy with 500hp and it can take all that and some! As for the strut rods, I cut them out (took me over 30 minutes each with a cutoff wheel). I find it hard to believe they could break so easy. I converted to a Heidt SS front end, just for preference and looks. Sure there are problems in buiding a kit. However, if you want doors, hood, truck etc. hung, just buy a car that is done. As for me I like the challege of building a rod.
@ :^ ) I HAVE ONE TO, NOT PUTTING TOGETHER CAUSE I BOUGHT CHEVELLE INSTEAD, HAVE SEEN ABOUT 5 OF THEM PUT TOGETHER AN TALK TO THE OWNERS AND THEY WHERE HAPPY WITH KIT AND THE WAY IT CAME OUT, IT WAS HARD BUT IT SHOULD BE.... GO ASK PETE ON > YOUTUBE.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 PM

Lil' help???

Hey guys a while back i bought the streetbeasts "66 Cobra". I put the project aside due to money and time issues... Recently I got started again and found myself in a little bit of a hole. Streetbeasts is closed - as i'm sure you all know - again. I wish I'd done more research before buying this thing but there's no place now to go but forward. I can finish building it but theres a couple of things I need and was hoping someone on here could help me find. Firstly I'm wondering what the exact backspacing is for the wheels on this thing. Or if any of you have suggestions on a nice set of wheels that fit it well. Also i find myself in dire need of a chromed steering column... Any ideas/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mario
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko912
Hey guys a while back i bought the streetbeasts "66 Cobra". I put the project aside due to money and time issues... Recently I got started again and found myself in a little bit of a hole. Streetbeasts is closed - as i'm sure you all know - again. I wish I'd done more research before buying this thing but there's no place now to go but forward. I can finish building it but theres a couple of things I need and was hoping someone on here could help me find. Firstly I'm wondering what the exact backspacing is for the wheels on this thing. Or if any of you have suggestions on a nice set of wheels that fit it well. Also i find myself in dire need of a chromed steering column... Any ideas/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mario
Depending on what you use to build your car such as what rear end you use and other components will tell you what you want to know as far as back spacing goes. The manual that came with the car should show you how to check for proper back spacing. Pick up some of the Street Rod Magazines and their are plenty of vendors selling chromed steering columns that will work in your car or just look online. Building my '34 I used a Camaro steering wheel out of the junkyard back during the early 90's when building mine. Painted it up using a really nice new leather La Carrera aftermarket steering wheel and the combo looks like new and works like new.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko912
......YES THE STREET BEAST IS NO LONGER DO YOUR SELF SOME GOOD AND GO TO "YOUTUBE" WEB SITE PUT IN STREET BEAST YOU'LL DIG UP THIS GUY "PETE" HE PUTS THESE TOGETHER FOR PEOPLE MOSTLY 34 COUPES BUT I THINK HE PUT TOGETHER A COBRA HE HAS A WEB SITE WHERE YOU GET INFO AND CALL HIM ...... OR PUT IN STREET BEAST TECH THIS GUY USE TO WORK FOR STREET BEAST AND TOLD ME THEY WHERE NO LONGER HE MAY HELP YOU TO GOOD LUCK.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

There are several 8.8 rear end widths to choose from and if you go to an 8" or 9" rear end, even more plus all kinds of custom widths for a few bucks from vendors like Currie, Dutchman, Winters and Johns just to name a small number of vendors. Decide what rear end you will be using then go from there. Usual back space for an 8" wheel is around 3.5 inches as a rule fo thumb. Oh yeah, some of the 5 lug 8.8 rears have an odd bolt circle 114.3mm and 108mm just to name a couple just on Mustangs as seen here

If you want a chrome column, and I will strongly suggest that a painted column is a better choice and that extra hundred bucks be applied elsewhere, you can choose IDIDIT or Flaming River. I have an IDIDIT in my '31 and think it's a great choice.
As far as OEM versions, it's getting hard to find good used ones and of the right length. Then you have to contend with a bunch of plastic claptrap, extra brackets and a built in ignition which may or may not have a key plus an odd end joint size. Some of the Chevy Astro vans, if I recall, had some decent ones though.

Get us some pictures of what you are doing - they do help
Dave W
Old 06-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Depending on what you use to build your car such as what rear end you use and other components will tell you what you want to know as far as back spacing goes. The manual that came with the car should show you how to check for proper back spacing. Pick up some of the Street Rod Magazines and their are plenty of vendors selling chromed steering columns that will work in your car or just look online. Building my '34 I used a Camaro steering wheel "error" out of the junkyard back during the early 90's when building mine. Painted it up using a really nice new leather La Carrera aftermarket steering wheel and the combo looks like new and works like new.
Had problems with this forum and could not correct my error in stating I purchased a used Camaro Steering Wheel really meaning Steering Column above. The forums Server when posting says the Server is too busy and to come back later yet it posted my post with the error and I could not fix the error when I was able to get back in. The error is now underlined above.

Hotrodders.com Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
There are several 8.8 rear end widths to choose from and if you go to an 8" or 9" rear end, even more plus all kinds of custom widths for a few bucks from vendors like Currie, Dutchman, Winters and Johns just to name a small number of vendors. Decide what rear end you will be using then go from there. Usual back space for an 8" wheel is around 3.5 inches as a rule fo thumb. Oh yeah, some of the 5 lug 8.8 rears have an odd bolt circle 114.3mm and 108mm just to name a couple just on Mustangs as seen here

If you want a chrome column, and I will strongly suggest that a painted column is a better choice and that extra hundred bucks be applied elsewhere, you can choose IDIDIT or Flaming River. I have an IDIDIT in my '31 and think it's a great choice.
As far as OEM versions, it's getting hard to find good used ones and of the right length. Then you have to contend with a bunch of plastic claptrap, extra brackets and a built in ignition which may or may not have a key plus an odd end joint size. Some of the Chevy Astro vans, if I recall, had some decent ones though.

Get us some pictures of what you are doing - they do help
Dave W
Dave that is the same La Carrera Steering wheel I used in my build but mine is black leather.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I kinda read through this about the wiring thing,, We built a 33 Rats Glass Coupe ( just a TAD bit better body than a S/B) a few years back, but like was mentioned.. wiring a car is just that ,, any old car,,
On this R/G ,, it had the floor molded as part of the body, with no structure to bolt seats. or anything too,, not much to keep the whiole body from twisting and mis aligning the doors, ETC

so I lazer cut pieces of 1/2 " cold rolled steel plate, into 6" strips and welded and glued these fitted pieces to the floor,, then covered that with 1/2 inch plywood,, that created a void between the fiberglass origional floor and the plywood,, I notched out sections of the 1/2 steel plates to run large plastic tubing , to run the wiring through, on both sides front to rear,,, and mounted all the panels and battery behind the rear wall, between the trunk and seats,worked out really well, in case jumping the battery was ever needed, I made a set of jumper cables with a plug in connector hidden under the floor on the pass side, worked out great,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0041-1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	55894   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0011-4.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	55895   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0010-7.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	55896  

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.