StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 91 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

street beast builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Dave that is the same La Carrera Steering wheel I used in my build but mine is black leather.
A steering column out of any Ford Thunder Bird of the mid to late 80's will bolt right in. I have one in my 34 from a 87 turbo coupe, where the shifter is on the floor but if you what a column shift they would work also.

Dave already gave you the info on back space, I have nothing to add.

Bob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Last photo:

Would anyone know where I could get a build book for the '34 coupe?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
I am sure even though the company went out of business which has happened before there are probably plenty of thier manuals laying around as I believe they own the building where Street Beast,Classic Motor Carriages and Fiber Fab all did business. They are probably looking for somone else to take it over if the economy ever recovers. If you can't find one for sale on this forum or can't find it say on Ebay if I were you I would contact the PD department where Street Beast did business and ask them if they can put you in contact with one of the owners. They must have contact info. Maybe for a modest amount of money say $20-$25 they will ship you one out. Doesn't hurt to try.

I happen to have one from Classic Motor Carriages that came with my purchase but I would be there all day if I had to copy it. Would be nice if you could find a online copy somewhere.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit's

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy

They had a auction at streetbeasts building. it is owed by the Government now, unless they sold it. You are in luck, I just happen to have the book it is unused, in pristine shape, and if you send me a PM with your address I will send it to you. If I were you I would thumb through it then throw it in the trash. I really think you can build the car better without it. You will find that when you put tires on the front you can't get the fenders over the tires so it will sit a little high in front,IMO, so it looks more like stock, than like a Hot Rod.

PM me if you want the book, with your address.

Bob

Last edited by 35terraplane; 06-11-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add,
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM

Anybody building a streetbeast, 34 coupe or the vicky

The book is ok for figuring out some of the parts you need and for a little reference info, beyond that it's trash. But the absolute best place to go is YouTube... just type in streetbeast... I downloaded all the videos on the 34 Coupe build from Southwest Rod and Custom to build my 34 that's been sitting for 20 years... Pete has all the best tricks of the trade, makes it a lot easier. Hope that helps, sure helped me out!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:48 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1964
The book is ok for figuring out some of the parts you need and for a little reference info, beyond that it's trash. But the absolute best place to go is YouTube... just type in streetbeast... I downloaded all the videos on the 34 Coupe build from Southwest Rod and Custom to build my 34 that's been sitting for 20 years... Pete has all the best tricks of the trade, makes it a lot easier. Hope that helps, sure helped me out!
Back in 1992 when I built mine there was no (You Tube) and many then were not even computer literate. I didn't touch a PC until about 2000. All I had was the factory manual and yes I was a car guy back then as I still am today at age 60. Being one who has built this car seeing many over the years who could not build this car I say 95% of the people who bought these kits would be lost completely without the manual coming with the kit for they would have no idea what most of the frame and fiberglass parts and other body parts were for in the building of this car. The manual is not great but I rather have it then not have it. As I mentioned in the past I have owned and still own muscle cars that I have worked on since the late 60's. I did not go into this thing blindly like many have over the years. I felt I knew enough to build this car even though prior to 1992 I never built a car before. Sure I changed engines and transmissions out and put in cams and pulled heads did brake work etc,etc but never built a car before then.

Last edited by ffas23; 06-12-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Back in 1992 when I built mine there was no (You Tube) and many then were not even computer literate. I didn't touch a PC until about 2000. All I had was the factory manual and yes I was a car guy back then as I still am today at age 60. Being one who has built this car seeing many over the years who could not build this car I say 95% of the people who bought these kits would be lost completely without the manual coming with the kit for they would have no idea what most of the frame and fiberglass parts and other body parts were for in the building of this car. The manual is not great but I rather have it then not have it. As I mentioned in the past I have owned and still own muscle cars that I have worked on since the late 60's. I did not go into this thing blindly like many have over the years. I felt I knew enough to build this car even though prior to 1992 I never built a car before. Sure I changed engines and transmissions out and put in cams and pulled heads did brake work etc,etc but never built a car before then.
I will admit some people need the book some don't, I had built enough cars to know how to, and do it the way I wanted the car. so I never looked at the book until I got as far as these pictures, read some of it, and told a friend of mine I had done it all wrong. We both got a good laugh out of that, I think mine will work just fine, I have had it a long time, but I built a few other cars to sell, plus it sat for ten years while I had 31 operations, and was on dialysis for five years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2312.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	490.9 KB
ID:	56040   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2310.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	56041   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2321.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	56042  
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 AM

Last photo:

Looking for a couple of pieces to finish build

Have a nearly complete '34 Ford Coupe Street Beast lacking just the rear window trim, outside, and the hood latching system. Any sources? Anyone have these pieces laying around?
Thanks!

Bart in FL
561-358-6456
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Have a nearly complete '34 Ford Coupe Street Beast lacking just the rear window trim, outside, and the hood latching system. Any sources? Anyone have these pieces laying around?
Thanks!

Bart in FL
561-358-6456
What rear window trim are you talking about? The main fiberglass headliner covers the inside of the roof hiding the steel cage that comes up from the door jams across the inside of the roof. This same fiberglass headliner extends down up against the rear window of the car. There is no rear window trim on the outside of the car either.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
What rear window trim are you talking about? The main fiberglass headliner covers the inside of the roof hiding the steel cage that comes up from the door jams across the inside of the roof. This same fiberglass headliner extends down up against the rear window of the car. There is no rear window trim on the outside of the car either.
Okay, the interior is fine, but the exterior of the window just looked unfinished.. I assumed there was a trim there.. Thanks for the info... I suppose a bead of black silicone would be okay to use then to finish it up. Thanks agai
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit's

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Okay, the interior is fine, but the exterior of the window just looked unfinished.. I assumed there was a trim there.. Thanks for the info... I suppose a bead of black silicone would be okay to use then to finish it up. Thanks agai
has a

Mine has a insert that goes around the back window, I don't have any metal bye my back window. I have a early body so mine might be different than yours. As far as the outside, that's how any 34 is no outside trim.

Bob
Old 06-21-2011, 03:44 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
has a

Mine has a insert that goes around the back window, I don't have any metal bye my back window. I have a early body so mine might be different than yours. As far as the outside, that's how any 34 is no outside trim.

Bob
Bob you should show a picture of what you have and maybe we can go by that. I didn't say that I have any metal by the back window in my Coupe. I said that the Fiberglass Headliner hides the 2 cage bars (Frame Tubes) that come across the inside of the roof of the car from both door jams. That same Fiberglass headliner comes down in the back of the car beyond the back window which has a cut out in it. See the picture below from the Classic Motor Carriages manual I have. You can now see where this headiner trims off the inside of the back window. Don't get confused with the Picture of the headliner as it almost looks like the roof of the 34 Coupe but this piece actually gets Fiberglassed to the inside of the roof.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit's

Quote:
Bob you should show a picture of what you have and maybe we can go by that. I didn't say that I have any metal by the back window in my Coupe. I said that the Fiberglass Headliner hides the 2 cage bars (Frame Tubes) that come across the inside of the roof of the car from both door jams. That same Fiberglass headliner comes down in the back of the car beyond the back window which has a cut out in it. See the picture below from the Classic Motor Carriages manual I have. You can now see where this headiner trims off the inside of the back window. Don't get confused with the Picture of the headliner as it almost looks like the roof of the 34 Coupe but this piece actually gets Fiberglassed to the inside of the roof.

I misunderstood you. With that said I have a insert that slides in from inside the car, through the head liner and around the back window. I fiber glassed my headliner in then you fit the insert, which has a lip on the inside that fits against the headliner, which makes it look like molding.

Bob
Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit's

23, I won't be taking any pictures any time soon, I'm in a care center with a broken leg. I don't know how much you wlli see. Bye the way I don't have the steel on the headliner, I made my own out of wood. There were none with mine.

Bob
Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 AM

Last photo:

Bob I apologize I was referring to Bart (btsave) forum member and wrote your name in by mistake as Bart asked the question about the window trim. Must be the heat yesterday getting to me as our central air went down and I had too many things on my old mind.

Question to you Bob. How old is the body on your car? Is it before '92 when I got mine? I thought all of the 34 Classic Motor Carriages,Fiberfab,SB kits had metal cages going through the roof. You must have metal in place in both door jams left and right where other Manufacturers bodies used wood I am assuming. If so I can't help but wonder how you used wood in place of the steel frame tubes.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.