StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 92 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Streetbeast rod kit's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Bob I apologize I was referring to Bart (btsave) forum member and wrote your name in by mistake as Bart asked the question about the window trim. Must be the heat yesterday getting to me as our central air went down and I had too many things on my old mind.

Question to you Bob. How old is the body on your car? Is it before '92 when I got mine? I thought all of the 34 Classic Motor Carriages,Fiberfab,SB kits had metal cages going through the roof. You must have metal in place in both door jams left and right where other Manufacturers bodies used wood I am assuming. If so I can't help but wonder how you used wood in place of the steel frame tubes.
No need to apologize, I got mine in 89. They made a lot of changes after mine, they change the braces in the trunk, they changed the wiper motor placement from up above the windshield as they should be to down below on the cowl, I believe they changed the bracing under the dash. as far as I can remember they had metal coming up behind the door like it was a "B" pillar then tubing going over the top of the door and down and it went onto the "A" pillar, or what they called the "A" pillar, not like any "A" pillar I ever seen. The "A" and "B" pillar were to be welded to the floor, but if you but if you did that you could not ever take the body off the frame, so I bolted all mine in.
There was a bar or tubing going across from one side to the other right above the windshield, and another going across right above the fiberglass piece that went below the headliner. My body is also different than most in the firewall and the hump. I can't remember how all the metal work was, I will post a picture of my body, you can see the difference. It's dirty but you get the idea.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	688.9 KB
ID:	56274   Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	709.1 KB
ID:	56275  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 AM

Last photo:

Yep there is definitely a difference Bob especially behind the engine in the fire wall area. Hard to believe being it is only 3 years difference from '89 when you got yours to '92 when I got mine but there surely is a difference and there must be other differences I am willing to bet.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:22 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast rod kit's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Yep there is definitely a difference Bob especially behind the engine in the fire wall area. Hard to believe being it is only 3 years difference from '89 when you got yours to '92 when I got mine but there surely is a difference and there must be other differences I am willing to bet.
Yes there were a lot of changes, they had the firewall looking like it was in a steel car, the one thing wrong with it was they could not make the tunnel big enough for a modern transmission, or better yet the bigger transmissions, like the AOD like I have. I had to cut mine out, then I made one out of S/S and had to make a bump on the driver side to get the linkage to work without rubbing.

I know there are a lot of changes in the frame work, and how things are mounted, like the wipers.

Bob
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 AM

34 street beast manual

I picked up a 34 coupe streetbeast and it is 95% done I need the manual to help with electrical wiring. Can anyone help me out
Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcustom
I picked up a 34 coupe streetbeast and it is 95% done I need the manual to help with electrical wiring. Can anyone help me out
Well I promised mine manual to someone, I have his Name somewhere in this here computer, But I can't go up steps yet as I just got home from breaking my leg. But before I send it, I can scan it and send you the pictures. I think the wiring they give you is way overdone. I just bought a Enos board and used my own wire, lot less wire lot cleaner look.

Bob
Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I have to agree with Bob on this - find a good aftermarket module and wiring and you will be time and effort (way!!) ahead. There are just too many good ones available then to fool with SB ho-hum wiring arrangement. American Autowire, Painless, Haywire, It's a Snap are some that quickly come to mind. Ron Francis is also good but tends to be quite a bit more expensive.

Dave W
Old 08-22-2011, 11:04 AM

manual

Well it done already really messy so I need to identify wires so I can clean it up.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcustom
Well it done already really messy so I need to identify wires so I can clean it up.
Well I really don't know how much help the manual will be, as it doesn't have the circuit name on the wire does it? I didn't have any on mine, but I have a old car still CMC.

You didn't say how much of a hurry you were for it, or if you wanted me to scan mine when I can get upstairs in my shop.

Bob
Old 08-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Well I really don't know how much help the manual will be, as it doesn't have the circuit name on the wire does it? I didn't have any on mine, but I have a old car still CMC.

You didn't say how much of a hurry you were for it, or if you wanted me to scan mine when I can get upstairs in my shop.

Bob
Just put my CMC Factory Wiring Harness still in new shape up for sale in the Electrical Parts for sale section on this forum. My harness was numbered or labeled don't recall with out looking at it again but I went in a different direction at the time when building mine. Not a bad wiring harness but of course you will need a Fuse Box to go along with it. Wouldn't use that crazy contraption of a fuse box as shown in the manuel. That for sure won't work out well. Also have seat covers and glass listed in the for sale section for the same car.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:59 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Hey all,

This is a very timely post! Could you all (or at least all of you that are willing to post) please post pics of your electrical for your Street Beasts rides? We're going to fire up ours this week for the very first time and I'm very excited about this.

Jay K.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hey all,

This is a very timely post! Could you all (or at least all of you that are willing to post) please post pics of your electrical for your Street Beasts rides? We're going to fire up ours this week for the very first time and I'm very excited about this.

Jay K.
Don't have any pictures of any of the electrical work done on my build. Doubt if you are going to find many that took pictures of everything they did in building the car. I have plenty of pictures I took during the build but nothing showing exact detail like one might find in a manual. Actually when you come to think about it most people have different things in their cars so wiring it would be completely different from one car to another.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hey all,

Jay K.
Whatever you do, don't wire it like this!! This is what it looks like under my dash. Notice the unlabeled make ready fuse box that was installed. I've had some electrical problems, and it takes forever to trace and follow a wire in this mess. This is the way the car was when we bought it. I never found out if this car was assembled by Street Beast or the first owner. I've debated if we should purchase a quality wiring kit and fuse box and rip out the present bee's nest of wiring, but maybe more trouble than it's worth.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ford coupe starter 006.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	57762   Click image for larger version

Name:	ford coupe starter 007.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	57763  
Old 08-23-2011, 05:14 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
Whatever you do, don't wire it like this!! This is what it looks like under my dash. Notice the unlabeled make ready fuse box that was installed. I've had some electrical problems, and it takes forever to trace and follow a wire in this mess. This is the way the car was when we bought it. I never found out if this car was assembled by Street Beast or the first owner. I've debated if we should purchase a quality wiring kit and fuse box and rip out the present bee's nest of wiring, but maybe more trouble than it's worth.
I have to say that that wiring has to go - besides being a futile project to find a problem, it might be a fire hazard.

Dave W
Old 08-23-2011, 06:31 AM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I have to say that that wiring has to go - besides being a futile project to find a problem, it might be a fire hazard.

Dave W
Looks like the fuse panel, if you can call it that is the old style boat fuse panel. I would rip it right up and put something that at least looks safe.

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Looks like the fuse panel, if you can call it that is the old style boat fuse panel. I would rip it right up and put something that at least looks safe.

Bob
That was my first thought, too. None of the fuses are labeled, so I would have to use the process of elimination to identify each one. If I do hold on to this car, I was hoping to re-wire and install a fusebox like the one in photo, in the trunk. At least it would be accessible.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	!C!y(y4gCWk~$(KGrHqF,!lUEz+uJlu1zBNEiIt8-pw~~0_12.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	57764  

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.