StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 93 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
Whatever you do, don't wire it like this!! This is what it looks like under my dash. Notice the unlabeled make ready fuse box that was installed. I've had some electrical problems, and it takes forever to trace and follow a wire in this mess. This is the way the car was when we bought it. I never found out if this car was assembled by Street Beast or the first owner. I've debated if we should purchase a quality wiring kit and fuse box and rip out the present bee's nest of wiring, but maybe more trouble than it's worth.
Yep that looks like that crazy contraption of a fuse box that came with the kit from CMC as I mentioned 2 posts up. Never used mine but still have it somewhere. Actually as I mentioned earlier the wiring harness that came with mine was some nice wiring and labeled right on the wire. With a good aftermarket fusebox one would have no problem using it. I also purchased a new fusebox back in the day for about a hundred dollars with the ATC type of plastic push in fuses but sold it a couple of years ago since I never used it. I was talked into going with a complete set up with fusebox and harness already connected with plugs already set up for the GM steering column I was using. Worked out great since no wires had to be spliced to the column where the wires were cut at the plugs from the junkyard but it wasn't cheap. Can't remember who the manufacturer was though. Its definitely the easier way to go as others mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 11:02 AM

Last photo:

What I can't understand is why someone would spend good money on bodywork, paint, interior and drivetrain, and mickey mouse the wiring when there's so many really good harness choices on the market! When we purchased this car, I looked at everything but under the dash (you can't see under the dash unless you remove it!). The engine compartment wiring was fine, nice and neat, and under-the-car wiring was the same. If we keep this car, re-wiring it is a must, even though it makes me mad to think that I even have to do this.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
What I can't understand is why someone would spend good money on bodywork, paint, interior and drivetrain, and mickey mouse the wiring when there's so many really good harness choices on the market! When we purchased this car, I looked at everything but under the dash (you can't see under the dash unless you remove it!). The engine compartment wiring was fine, nice and neat, and under-the-car wiring was the same. If we keep this car, re-wiring it is a must, even though it makes me mad to think that I even have to do this.
Go back to my post 1327 of this thread - which is what I did with my '31 'A'. The under dash doesn't look as good after several late changes but is still presentable plus it all works

Dave W
Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Frame

This might seem like a really dum question but my car is not a street beast but a classic motor carriage I believe im not home now. But does the kit when bought come with a frame or not. Mine was never titled and Im trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 PM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcustom
This might seem like a really dum question but my car is not a street beast but a classic motor carriage I believe im not home now. But does the kit when bought come with a frame or not. Mine was never titled and Im trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks
Yes CMC and street beast were the same company, the name was changed to protect the guilty.

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Frame

Ok but did they come with a frame? Also is it hard to get the MCO turned into a title.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Ok but did they come with a frame? Also is it hard to get the MCO turned into a title.
Yes it did come with a frame. I don't know how hard it is in your state, it's not hard here in MN.

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Florida from a couple of guys on another forum say it's real easy there. Even NY can be easy once you understand what's needed and you have patience.

Dave W
Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I am a little confused here. What I am gathering though is that you bought a CMC kit, a incomplete car or a completed car from a 3rd party. My bet it falls into the first to category's being if it was complete I would say it would of been titled already in the state it was last located in and if that be the case you would of gotten a title with the car that you could of transferred over in your state of residence to a new title.

You really have to give us more information here. We are not mind readers.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Problems

I thought I explained it sorry. The car is 95% complete the person I got it from never finished it why I don't know. I am trying to straighten up a few things he rigged and the wiring was one it all works don't get me wrong but its a rats nest. The wires still have the id numbers on them so instead of tracing them all out I figured it would be easier if i had a schematic of it, If I have to trace them back I
will just trying to avoid it
Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Go back to my post 1327 of this thread - which is what I did with my '31 'A'. The under dash doesn't look as good after several late changes but is still presentable plus it all works

Dave W
Wow! Nice and neat! I like the idea that's it's behind a panel behind passenger seat. Who makes that fuse panel? It looks like there's lots of room for connections.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Wow! Nice and neat! I like the idea that's it's behind a panel behind passenger seat. Who makes that fuse panel? It looks like there's lots of room for connections.

That's an American Autowire module and wiring. The reason I chose that one was that it wasn't pre terminated at the panel. That means that I didn't have a rats nest of wires when I was running each circuit. Also I could add or delete runs if I chose. Then to make it even better, they have a full system schematic along with individual circuit drawings. I ended up with enough left over wire to possibly wire a good part of a second car.

Of course, that doesn't make the others bad, they just didn't have the features I wanted.

The under dash part that didn't turn out quite as nice and eventually will be 'fixed'

Dave W
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 AM

manual

Does anyone have a manual for the 34 ford I am in need of one maybe a copy?

Thanks, Jim
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM

Last photo:

I've been looking for one for some time now. A member on this board told me he would send me his copy when he recouped from injuries that occurred and returned home from rehab. If I do receive the manual, I will copy what I need and can pass it on to you.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 AM

manual

That would be great

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.