Hot Rod Forum banner

StreetBeast rod kit's

404K views 1K replies 141 participants last post by  Gwinnetts 
#1 ·
I am planning on building my 1st street rod. The StreetBeast kit's look interesting. Anyone have any experience/references with these? Thanks. Don

#827 · (Edited)
Henry

I aggree it's stupity and BS..

However..I have been through this..I run a web site also. That there are similar threads anywhere else is not a defense.
The other threads stand on there own..UNLESS..alleged to have been after the thread here and related by a poster or mod OR admin..or less directly a reader..then it becomes the planitiffs issue of harm...with discovery of course.

The issue as Jon states is clear..no false statements by anyone other than the SB posters..or allegations without merit are cause for frivilous suit.

"But Dad..the other kids are doing it..is not a defense."

One of the best checks I have cashed was a judgement against a plaintiff on a suit deemed fraudulent. Court costs, attorney costs, my time..my staff..and a nice punitive judgement..

Attempting to stifle or "tie-up" in court by means of fraud or frivilous suit can be rewarding to the defendant.. :)

#828 ·
PT Barnum said something about there is a sucker born every minute and sometimes the hard part of sales is to keep the sucker from screwing themselves..

Anyway I digress and will say that most problems we create for ourselves and Streetbeast is a good example of an outfit that created their own issues..

I bet the most amount of time spent here is helping some guy unwad some problem that he created for himself by trying the cheapo route or expecting a result that is not possible given the amount of time and resource necessary to do a good job of what ever he is doing..

End of rant..

Sam

#829 ·
I was watching the NASCAR truck race on the boob tube yesterday and happened to catch a Street Beast ad. It actually was quite well done, but what I caught was the announcer stating that they had been building these for over 30 years. This kinda puts their statement that they are really different company after paying their "debts" and others have purchased and are running the company

#830 ·
Irelands child said:
I was watching the NASCAR truck race on the boob tube yesterday and happened to catch a Street Beast ad. It actually was quite well done, but what I caught was the announcer stating that they had been building these for over 30 years. This kinda puts their statement that they are really different company after paying their "debts" and others have purchased and are running the company
Its amazing what a slick advertising agency can do. BUT.... just like everything else with Streetbeast, the FACTS always seem to conflict with their statements. The real sad thing is that some people will fall for that crap. However most NASCAR fans I know are smart enough not to. Maybe they would have better luck advertising on the Home Shopping Network. :mwink:

#831 ·
Irelands child said:
I noticed that 30 year comment in a text ad in Motor trend or one of those the other day myself. Yep, pretty tasty ads.

Brian

#834 ·
345 desoto said:
DEUCE,
Yea...I stuck this 21 page thread in it (H.A.M.B. board). Then they closed the thread. Maybe the Beastie Boys lawyers sent them a "Nasty-Gram"... :D
Yeh right! :D With threads like this all over the net they would have to have a big legal team to waste their money on.

#836 · (Edited)
carsavvycook said:
Looking through their site, I now know why this site is #1 on the web. :D

Can somebody give us the 'flag'? (with no BS on it)

This is now at 56 pages, not 21 pages.
If you go to your user cp, select "options" and find the menu box that shows thread display options and then choose to display 40 posts per page...this thread is 21 pages long.. :)

To add a little to what Docc posted a few posts back...
There are numerous instances where someone has been taken to court because of what they wrote on an internet blog or forum. These were usually a person who made false statements to cause emotional distress, or tarnish anothers reputation..Some actually lose these cases, and have settlements brought against them. Some judges are looking at libel law differently, and in the future there may be some changes in how we are able to exercise our freedom of speech.

Some interesting reading...
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2006-10-02-bloggers-courts_x.htm

Or this one, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/us/16myspace.html

Here is one that was persued ,and won, even though the plaintiff knew upfront that the defendant had no ability to pay.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2006-10-10-internet-defamation-case_x.htm

Done for the principle of the thing...I guess :rolleyes:

One more interesting story, just because I came across it..
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53152

I don't think that Streetbeast suing for slander or libel is going to be the case here, as all of the statements made here by the regular members are true, easily verified, and the comments made about the history of Streetbeast sales and fulfillment tactics are documented as well.

treetbeast insider may have something to worry about though, as it seems like many of his statements about how the company operates fall within the time period that the other posters affiliated with SB say they have mended their ways.

Later, mikey

#837 · (Edited)
Whew! I've just had the dubious pleasure (and advantage) of reading this thread from start to finish without having to wait for it to play out in real time. Hollyweird can't make 'em like this. My sleaze-ball alarm is nearly worn out.

The legal threats remind me of a 'sig' I've seen on Groklaw: "Behind every sleazy lawyer is a sleazy client". After all that's taken place, I suggest that no one should expect to be secure from litigation harassment just because such harassment doesn't make any sense.

IMO, this needs to be treated like the Monkey Boys incident -- with research and source documents coming from all directions. Piles of verifiable facts have a way of discouraging all but the most determined of those who use litigation as an intimidation tactic.

To add some to the documents already posted in this thread, and using a resource Centerline pointed to early on, I've attached some PDFs generated by and at Sunbiz.org, Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. These documents appear to reveal an unbroken line of association between George A. Levin and Auto Resolution, Inc. from April, 1996 to April, 2008. (There are more of those "Annual Report" documents available at that link. The site cautions you to see the documents "if question or conflict". IIUC, the PDFs are generated on-the-fly from the TIFF images, so you can't link directly to the PDFs).

Note the signature on the 10814801.pdf (2005-06-30): "JOHANNES MEIJER", "CEO". That almost matches the "Hans Meijer" that was said to have written the letter to the Miami New Times. (Note the "Auto Resolutions Inc. /Street Beasts" after the name on that letter). I think it was the self-styled "insider" who posted something about a "Hans Meuer".

Wish these people would stabilize their names.

Attachments

#838 · (Edited by Moderator)
Legal George said:
I just got done reading though this whole thread as well,

[...]
I doubt that you "just got done reading [sic]".

I doubt that you have anything to do with "[l]egal".

I doubt that you know very much about this at all, except possibly what someone is feeding you.

You may want to review SCO v. Novell, SCO v. IBM, SCO v. Daimler-Chrysler, SCO v. AutoZone, and pay particular attention to the documents filed in support of the counterclaims in each of those, as SCO's continuous PR machine at the outset of those cases provided ample ammunition for each defendant. SCO is still trying to wiggle out from under the weight of that PR circus, while in bankruptcy.

I hope Jon ignores you completely and allows you to dig your grave as deep as you please.

#839 ·
Just so no one gets the wrong impression: I am not a lawyer, nor have I ever played one on tv. I just have a character defect that causes me to sometimes enjoy reading court documents.

There's an interesting one cited as 47 F.3d 1099 that has only 11 numbered paragraphs and a footnote. It's the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit basically saying, oops, we were wrong on this point, so, in addition to all those counterclaims we awarded against you, we're agreeing with the Florida Supreme Court and taking away the "tortious interference claim" as well.

It references an earlier case cited as 991 F.2d 1533. That one's a bit longer. It's still fascinating, though, if you have a suitable character defect.

(sec.edgar is also fascinating reading sometimes).

#840 ·
Well, at the risk of damaging MY credibility by posting in this thread, after all, this stinks big time, I just had to be part of this, for posterity's sake.

I've read this entire thread from start to here and been totally engrossed. There's no possible way for me to cover any new ground here so I'm going to leave it at that.

Good luck Jon.

#841 ·
SECTION25 said:
Well, at the risk of damaging MY credibility by posting in this thread, after all, this stinks big time, I just had to be part of this, for posterity's sake.

I've read this entire thread from start to here and been totally engrossed. There's no possible way for me to cover any new ground here so I'm going to leave it at that.

Good luck Jon.
There is more ground to cover...

Go check out chapter 2 of the story..

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/str...eech-frivolous-lawsuit-against-me-147173.html

Later, mikey

#842 ·
thank you for this thread I was doing some research on a glass-body to start the next project ( yes I know it cheating but hey all I want is a daily driver). After reading 40% of this thread I have decided not to purchase the 66 roadster kit.

I hope all works out well for the admins of this site.

#843 ·
41willys said:
I was thinking the same thing, or they are up to something...

Jason
Actually I have been too busy building cars and helping customer do the same thing.

Frankly I don't care what you guys write about this company, I'm personally doing my best to destroy those criticisms from within.

As for the other guy, he has been let go.

and for the record here are just a few of the changes I have made.

A set improved frame mounts for the Willys with a small block Chevy motor,

A New design for the radiator mount on the Willys (non tilt nose)

Several frame improvements to the 34 series including the addition of a clutch pedal and mount, improved running board supports, and a cleaner front suspension and other subtle changes most people will never notice.

I've also made changed to how certain piece are manufactured and assembled especially on the Speedster and Speedster C model.

In the near future sometime before Christmas I hope to have completed a new frame jig as well as a new style 34 grill that attaches from the front instead of from behind.

So while you have done nothing but talk I have been busy, and my customers know what I have done for them.

#844 ·
Will these changes be retroactive as support for all those folks having great difficulties wth these sub standard LONG term problems.

Sure would go a long way to cleaning up the image..otherwise it's just a market driven approach for NEW customers..

"We had crap before..but now we changed" doesn't help those stuck with the obvious (needed changes) poor design and support.

The folks that put money into your company deserve more than those who MAY put money into your company..

Or does SB think this train of thinking is flawed ?

#845 ·
Grandpa Cobra said:
Actually I have been too busy building cars and helping customer do the same thing.

Frankly I don't care what you guys write about this company, I'm personally doing my best to destroy those criticisms from within.

As for the other guy, he has been let go.

and for the record here are just a few of the changes I have made.

A set improved frame mounts for the Willys with a small block Chevy motor,

A New design for the radiator mount on the Willys (non tilt nose)

Several frame improvements to the 34 series including the addition of a clutch pedal and mount, improved running board supports, and a cleaner front suspension and other subtle changes most people will never notice.

I've also made changed to how certain piece are manufactured and assembled especially on the Speedster and Speedster C model.

In the near future sometime before Christmas I hope to have completed a new frame jig as well as a new style 34 grill that attaches from the front instead of from behind.

So while you have done nothing but talk I have been busy, and my customers know what I have done for them.
Glad to here you are making change's,But I just don't understand you guy's,One of you said they are closed,And one said he is making change's.So what is it? :confused:

#846 ·
Grandpa Cobra said:
........So while you have done nothing but talk I have been busy, and my customers know what I have done for them.
I'm glad to see you're actually making improvements. Unfortunately you'll be busy making these improvements for a very long time just to get the design up to modern standards. Now, if you could solve your parts supply problem so everyone that orders a kit gets everything and doesn't have to wait months, THAT WOULD BE AN IMPROVEMENT!

#847 ·
Docc said:
Will these changes be retroactive as support for all those folks having great difficulties wth these sub standard LONG term problems.

Sure would go a long way to cleaning up the image..otherwise it's just a market driven approach for NEW customers..

"We had crap before..but now we changed" doesn't help those stuck with the obvious (needed changes) poor design and support.

The folks that put money into your company deserve more than those who MAY put money into your company..

Or does SB think this train of thinking is flawed ?
First off let me say that I have built enough cars of all types to say that there isn't a car out there that you can build fit and modify to suit your own taste and not have any problems with. Some people even built themselves up by boasting of how many problems they have had to overcome.

Now that having been said there are things we can do better and I had plans to improve the car even when we first built it 15-20 years ago. I just never had the chance at that time, but now I am back and those changes I wanted to make so long ago are going to happen.

Our cars are not crap, they have been built by people all over the country and around the world, in fact more of our cars have been built then any other company when you add up all our different models and by built I mean completed and driven.

That does not mean they cannot be improved, just like old Henry Ford's 1934 coupe has been improved by everyone who has ever built one with similar degrees of success.

I'd like to see some of you street rodders call up Ford and whine about how the mods some guy did 20 or 30 years ago were so badly done you had to tear the whole thing apart and start from scratch after you bought it.

There is a underlying hypocrisy in telling me that in a hobby where people routinely modify, fit, and hand build their cars to their own standards of excellence they then complain that our cars require the same sort of modifications fitment and assemble that street rodders normally do with anything or any car they get their hands on.

And it is hypocrisy to say on one hand that you completely stripped down a 1932 whatchamacallit and redesigned it in your own image to suit your ego, but couldn't build one of our cars because it is too hard for you to build.

If you examine the fiberglass street rod/kit car industry as a whole from the early sixties until today, our cars are more complete, easier to assemble, and a better value in the long run then anything out there.

They were designed to be that and not a prefect exact replica of an original 1934 ford coupe down to the chicken wire and rubber roof.

There is a reason some other companies sell their cars with the doors and the trunks fitted and mounted, their customers couldn't complete those tasks on their own, given the methods those factories use to assemble them on their cars.

I could if necessary rip to shreds the design of any other fiberglass kit car or street rod out their using the same exact criticism used on our cars, the only reason I choose not to is that it is not my style to bad mouth other companies, but I could.

#848 ·
Grandpa Cobra said:
There is a underlying hypocrisy in telling me that in a hobby where people routinely modify, fit, and hand build their cars to their own standards of excellence they then complain that our cars require the same sort of modifications fitment and assemble that street rodders normally do with anything or any car they get their hands on.
Nice try but totally wrong. When someone takes parts and pieces from many manufacturers and assembles a car he EXPECTS a lot of mods and custom fitting will be required. When someone buys a Streetbeast (according to all the slick advertising) he should be able to assemble the car with no problems. That's IF you believe the advertising which we all know is a joke.

Grandpa Cobra said:
And it is hypocrisy to say on one hand that you completely stripped down a 1932 whatchamacallit and redesigned it in your own image to suit your ego, but couldn't build one of our cars because it is too hard for you to build.
Actually the term isn't "its too hard". More accurately one should say "its not worth the extra effort". Kits shouldn't need to be garage engineered. They should go together smoothly because the engineering has been done for you. That's what you're paying for when you buy a "kit". Unless its a Streetbeast where the engineering is so poor that you DO have to re-engineer most of it just to get the thing on the road.

Grandpa Cobra said:
If you examine the fiberglass street rod/kit car industry as a whole from the early sixties until today, our cars are more complete, easier to assemble, and a better value in the long run then anything out there.
Spoken just like a streetbeast employee. Truth be damned just spew the party line.

Grandpa Cobra said:
They were designed to be that and not a prefect exact replica of an original 1934 ford coupe down to the chicken wire and rubber roof.
Actually the Streetbeast design was based on one premise and one premise only: Lock the buyer into returning to Streetbeast for every major repair part that might be required for the life of the vehicle.

Grandpa Cobra said:
There is a reason some other companies sell their cars with the doors and the trunks fitted and mounted, their customers couldn't complete those tasks on their own, given the methods those factories use to assemble them on their cars.
What a bunch of bull. Most other manufacturers provide a higher quality more accurate product and give the buyer the option of having the doors etc. pre-hung.

Grandpa Cobra said:
I could if necessary rip to shreds the design of any other fiberglass kit car or street rod out their using the same exact criticism used on our cars, the only reason I choose not to is that it is not my style to bad mouth other companies, but I could.
Sure you could. :rolleyes:

#849 ·
Grandpa Cobra said:
....the only reason I choose not to is that it is not my style to bad mouth other companies, but I could.

No, that may not be your style, but per public court documents, you (or whoever else represents your company) are not above suing people to silence bad publicity. That's a real good way to develop a good customer base and loyalty. :rolleyes:

In a while, Chet

#850 ·
Grandpa Cobra

Because they fit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.