Hot Rod Forum banner

StreetBeast rod kit's

404K views 1K replies 141 participants last post by  Gwinnetts 
#1 ·
I am planning on building my 1st street rod. The StreetBeast kit's look interesting. Anyone have any experience/references with these? Thanks. Don

#1,027 ·
NEW INTERIORS said:
Yes it is!!!!!! :eek: Now we know who has all the Da** ''MONEY''!!!! :smash: :smash: :smash: (Just joking CL) :thumbup:
I would agree with you if we had "had" it built.... but we built this one ourselves. There's a lot to be said for sweat equity. In this case it kept our mortgage at half the home's appraised value. :mwink:

#1,029 ·
As I watch this thread, I have a question regarding the forum operation??? The "member" with the on line name of "SB Insider" has 3 posts(on the last page) in this thread yet on my screen it shows him to only have one post,how is that?? He seems to have very much to contribute, so I wouldn't want his post count to be inaccurate :D .

Never Mind! I just realized this the area where the post count doesn't change. So he has apparently made 1 good post :mwink:

#1,031 ·
Centerline said:
I have had the same problem when it comes to building a house. The first one my wife and I built once we got it to the point where we could move in we didn't touch a thing for 22 months because we were so burned out. We did finally finish it though. On this house, our log home, I didn't want that to happen so when we moved in we cut down our working hours to about half, and only worked 3-4 days a week on it. That worked and we had it completely finished in another 12 months instead of almost 2 years. Here's a pic of the one we finished last spring.

What I do when it comes to a big project like the house or something in the garage is pick a task that you want to get done that day. Make sure its realistic and can be done in just a few hours. When you run into a task that will take several days then just break it up into smaller tasks. That way you always feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.

Works for me anyway.
Looks like a Log cabin Kit I saw in the back of Popular mechanics...Lol Nice House

#1,032 ·
41willys said:
What this POS does not realize, I did not fall for anything. I purchase, I know how to say no. I sent this freak a PM stating he needs to just go away, all he could reply with was "lick my balls".

I would like to make a recommendation of permanently banning him. He is creating heat, as I am ready to track him down.

Jason

Im going to be at the Winter Conroe Swapmeet and Car Corral in Feb, ill meet you there and slap you sideways .....Big willys

#1,033 ·
woodz428 said:
As I watch this thread, I have a question regarding the forum operation??? The "member" with the on line name of "SB Insider" has 3 posts(on the last page) in this thread yet on my screen it shows him to only have one post,how is that?? He seems to have very much to contribute, so I wouldn't want his post count to be inaccurate :D .

Never Mind! I just realized this the area where the post count doesn't change. So he has apparently made 1 good post :mwink:
Posts in the lounge don't count towards your total. What that means is that he as dozens of posts and has added nothing worthwhile to this forum.

#1,034 ·
StreetBeast Insider said:
Im going to be at the Winter Conroe Swapmeet and Car Corral in Feb, ill meet you there and slap you sideways .....Big willys
That just bought you a two week suspension. Threatening fellow members is NOT allowed under any circumstances.

#1,037 ·
On the "kit car" vs "Street rod" debate I thought I would share something I found interesting. I was at the book store yesterday picking up a car mag and I thumbed thru the KITCAR magazine. As I have mentioned, I like "kit cars" and have looked at doing one or another over the years. Anyway, page four, there is a full page ad for SB. I thumbed thru the rest of the mag and didn't see a single "Street rod" ad that you would find in a "Street Rodder" or other rod mag.

Now, you will see the SB ad in a "Street Rod" mag and no other "Kit car" manufacturers ad.

Looking at the SB most ANY street rodder is going to say it is a "kit car", plain and simple. And the fact that they first advertised in the Kit Car mags DECADES before advertising in the Street rod mags, I would agree, they are kit cars.

Now, advertising in the Street Rod mags SB is simply marketing to a new customer. They could market it in a Good Housekeeping mag as well, that doesn't make it a bunt cake. :)

Brian

#1,038 ·
MARTINSR said:
Now, advertising in the Street Rod mags SB is simply marketing to a new customer. They could market it in a Good Housekeeping mag as well, that doesn't make it a bunt cake. :)

Brian
Do you remember when Streetbeast was advertising in TV guide?

Not too many issues, but it wasn't too many years ago..later ninties or early 2000's. Full page too.

IIRC the big sales point on those ads was the financing plan, and it was like less than 100.00 a month.

later, mikey

#1,039 ·
It appears that although they're doing business as Streetbeast they're still actually selling their kits under the Innovative Street Machines name. Here's a copy of an invoice for a 34 Coupe. Pretty expensive for a "kit" car... over $26,000.00 including a VERY expensive front and rear suspension plus well over $4000 in other options.

And for those of you who interpret their products just as "kit cars" the Certificate of Origin for the body claims its a "Replica". Replica of what???? How can it be called a replica when no original major body part will fit the "replica" body??

This one is currently up on e-bay. Guess the guy decided not to complete his $26,000.00 investment and is willing to take a gigantic loss just to get rid of it. It currently has 23 bids and its up to a WHOPPING $9600 with no reserve...... and only 31 hours to go.

#1,040 ·
I am sorry, I guess I am way too much of a tight wad, But can't imagine, I just can't even begin to imagine spending $26K on something like this. I would however put a nice crisp Franklin on the fact that most people who first contact them don't have any clue what so ever they are getting into and believe all the sales BS about resale value and "investment" and all that. Poor buggers! My God, if I had $26K to blow on a car what a BEAUTIFUL car I could would get out at the swap meet. A REAL car, one that IS an investment. Sad, I'll tell you, it is sad.

Brian

#1,042 ·
Centerline said:
This one is currently up on e-bay. Guess the guy decided not to complete his $26,000.00 investment and is willing to take a gigantic loss just to get rid of it. It currently has 23 bids and its up to a WHOPPING $9600 with no reserve...... and only 31 hours to go.
Here it is ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stre...oryZ7251QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He must be a real loser ... he also has a Cobra kit car for sale ...

He paid $26,445 for it ... on August the 4th 2008 ... just a few days after the StreetBeast purchase.

It is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...o=CRX&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4

I believe that the Shell Valley kit is supposed to be a better kit than the StreetBeast :rolleyes:

#1,045 ·
Makes me very happy that even though I have had some problems with my project car body, that I never even considered a SB. Just as a comparison - approximate values at time of purchase:

Brookville '30-'31 body = 5000
TCI Stage 3 CHA$$I$ = 7000
Frt Fenders - Wescotts = 500
Rear Fenders - Albrecht = 500
Running Boards
splash shields+misc - Lobeck = 400
Grille shell - Brookville = 200
Grille - Dale's = 300

Price for those parts - interestingly - 12,900 and all included shipping to a reputable local big name dealer for my pick up.

These are all EXACT repro parts that could have been used with ANY '30-'31 OEM or repro Model A Ford. Do I have a lot more $$$ invested in other good and (expensive parts) - I sure do, but those were my choices - and most were either useable on any OEM or repro Ford Model A.

Some day I'll add my receipts - but right now, that 4" stack frightens me :p

Dave W

#1,047 ·
MARTINSR said:
Post a link to that auction, I would love to see it run out. .............

Brian
You got it.

34 Streetbeast

Just under 24 hours to go and its now up to a whopping $10.000.00.

#1,048 ·
Centerline said:
You got it.

34 Streetbeast

Just under 24 hours to go and its now up to a whopping $10.000.00.
Anyone notice the answer he gave to a question from possible bidder?

"For the list of parts for the 1934 Coupe, please go to http://www.harrisridge.ws and review pages 1-10. I posted all parts lists on my site, full-size, for review. Any item marked as back-ordered has since been shipped. In spite of their promises, it took the manufacturer four months to complete fulfillment of our order."

#1,050 ·
NEW INTERIORS said:
Here's another one... :drunk:

I will bet a crisp dollar bill on that one not getting a bid. He started out WAY too high. Start out at 5 or 10 grand with a reserve of that $20k it may creep up there. But no one is going to hit that bid button STARTING at $20K, you have got to be joking.

Brian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1308
I will bet a crisp dollar bill on that one not getting a bid. He started out WAY too high. Start out at 5 or 10 grand with a reserve of that $20k it may creep up there. But no one is going to hit that bid button STARTING at $20K, you have got to be joking.

Brian

#1,051 ·
these dudes down the road from me bought one all painted up sharp with a sbc already done and they race it i guess...i highly doubt they paid 10 grand for it running...i dont really talk to them much i just helped them pull a motor out of a box van so i didnt feel right asking how much they blew on it. cool guys though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.