Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,215 Times in 1,072 Posts
Listen guys, I have spent some time looking at these cars since this thread or similar ones started here on Hotrodders. I am pretty much an "anti-repro" guy myself. I don't even like perfect or near perfect reproduction parts like a reputable company like Bob Drake puts out. Just to let you know where I come from, so I never so much as spent a second looking at one of these cars before.

But I also have an open mind as far as quality. I don't like "repro" stuff because it isn't "real" it hasn't "bled" if you know what I mean.

So anyway I have looked at MANY Streetbeast cars over the last few years at shows. The car in raw form was a piece of crap. The whole thing was a horrible design and simply a piece of crap.

I have also seen some outstanding cars made from this pile of crap. Basically they polished a turd!

Is it possible to polish one of these turds into a beautiful car, heck yes. There is one that I see at a local show that is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I am a detail nut and this thing has some of the most outstanding detailed show cars I have ever seen.

Yours maybe of that quality and I will give you kudos for the fine work.

But don't sell yourselves short, you are MASTERS at building a car if you have made nice cars from a Streetbeast kit.

Brian