Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
ffas23,

Don't even bother holding out for a response. I own one, am building it presently with my Dad, and it's only as good as the builder building it. I think mine's awesome, what does that say about me?

Even though they're gone, the product is still very solid and we were probably the last customer to get all of the parts as Bob Southern was really good peoples with my father. In terms of learning curve, it taught me that fiberglass car companies come and go. Other than that, a car is a car is a car.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Jay where you been, did you get yours fixed? Have been looking for a post .

By the way How does this look, for a CMC car, In the back I have a Jag rearend , and not a Ford that they are setup for. I have a 5.0 H.O. Ford engine and a AOD tranny. And lot of time, front fenders opened up 2" each, grille is a valley grille, laid back 3 1/2" ,same grille as fab 5, hood shorten same, I had to fix rear fender and running board on drivers side. I had to build up in front of pass. dr.
I used 15 gallons yes 15 gallons of resin and who knows how much glass on it. I ground down every weld re-welded them ground and bondoed each weld round, on the frame, I had sore fingers for days. Tanks made me a tank for it, he came out to the shop himself and measured it up, made of SS and all polished. Would I do it again, I think not. I have worked on this one way too long, not because it was so hard or I didn't know what I was doing. Because I got sick Had to let this sit twice, both for 5 years each time, because I had 31 operations, one triple by-pass the other, a kidney transplant, and before the transplant I was living by a machine for 5 years. The car wasn't the best I have ever worked on, but it was the 1st fiberglass car I did, I did expect a better body than I got, more like the one I had seen at the Nats. I did what I could with what I had. the bodies might not be the best but there are a lot of people out there making bodies, that IMO are no better or maybe worse.

Bob 35terraplane

Live everyday like it's your last, one will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	50266   Click image for larger version

Name:	side veiw 33.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	50267   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear end 2.JPG
Views:	51