Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Back in 1992 when I built mine there was no (You Tube) and many then were not even computer literate. I didn't touch a PC until about 2000. All I had was the factory manual and yes I was a car guy back then as I still am today at age 60. Being one who has built this car seeing many over the years who could not build this car I say 95% of the people who bought these kits would be lost completely without the manual coming with the kit for they would have no idea what most of the frame and fiberglass parts and other body parts were for in the building of this car. The manual is not great but I rather have it then not have it. As I mentioned in the past I have owned and still own muscle cars that I have worked on since the late 60's. I did not go into this thing blindly like many have over the years. I felt I knew enough to build this car even though prior to 1992 I never built a car before. Sure I changed engines and transmissions out and put in cams and pulled heads did brake work etc,etc but never built a car before then.
I will admit some people need the book some don't, I had built enough cars to know how to, and do it the way I wanted the car. so I never looked at the book until I got as far as these pictures, read some of it, and told a friend of mine I had done it all wrong. We both got a good laugh out of that, I think mine will work just fine, I have had it a long time, but I built a few other cars to sell, plus it sat for ten years while I had 31 operations, and was on dialysis for five years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2312.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	490.9 KB
ID:	56040   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2310.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	56041   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2321.jpg
Views:	50