Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2001, 08:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I realy hate to knock a product but I must tell you that while the Street Beast does appear to offer a reasonable intery level into street rodding, it has too many dissadvantages to be considered a good investment. I can recall a fairly recent rodding article where some "magazine" gurus were going to build an economical rod using an older kit car which turned out to be a Street Beast. To make a long story short they ended up scraping the old Street Beast and staring over with an intirely different car due to the severe limitations of the Street Beast.
You would be well advised to look at some of the better quality kits offered out there and unfortunately most do not offer turn key finnished products. This is not all bad as it allows you to "build" your rod to your tastes with an abundance of options.
There are some realy nice choices in car bodies and frames out there so please shop around and check out the body manufactureres of some of the rides featured in magaines such as Street rodder etc.
Hope this dosen't dampen your enthusiasm to build a rod, its the greatest thing thing going, but I just want you to get off on the right foot.