Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 07:23 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just a couple of thoughts for those people that did buy there kits. Now these are things i have personal had to fix for 2 guys that bought them. First before you do any painting of the frame have all the welds checked by a good weldor.I have seen first hand the welds on this car and most would not pass a DMV inspection. on the stangII front struts break(i would upgrade to a full tubular lower a-frame with out the strut) Next would be the mount on the upper coil over ,it is barely strong eneogh for a shock and the coil over will bend and break it.The body mounts to the cowl are very weak and make a teriable noise if you dont figure out a better way to mount it.There are many more problems with this car but it would take 3 pages to post.If you got one well your in over your head now anyway.One question ???Would you be ordering another one??? Buy a quality body and start with a new set of rails and go from there.Sorry just dont want to see someone else make a big mistake.In the end this car is NOT a safe car!! I would not want my wife or kids riding in it.But there are only 2 glass bodies out there that i would.