Streetbeasts lawsuit auction fund raiser? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Streetbeasts lawsuit auction fund raiser?

Just an idea i'm throwing out there.

I know money is tight right now for a lot of people so what about donations of hot rod parts, then auctioning them off. Maybe some of the moderators could have items sent to them, post pictures in the message board and have members bid on them.

I know there are A LOT of people hording cool hot rod parts saying... one day... I'll restore.... I'll use it.... I'll sell it.... and it just collects dust and gets thrown out when they die ( not to be too morbid but its true ) So why not donate it for free speech!

Jordon

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxllmm4
Just an idea i'm throwing out there.

I know money is tight right now for a lot of people so what about donations of hot rod parts, then auctioning them off. Maybe some of the moderators could have items sent to them, post pictures in the message board and have members bid on them.

I know there are A LOT of people hording cool hot rod parts saying... one day... I'll restore.... I'll use it.... I'll sell it.... and it just collects dust and gets thrown out when they die ( not to be too morbid but its true ) So why not donate it for free speech!

Jordon
thanks for the post and concern.

This subject is an item being discussed and details worked out .

Old 10-27-2008, 08:13 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxllmm4
Yep. It's time to clean out that barn, shed and corners of the garage. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Sell 'em and send some money to the Free Speech fund!

Everybody wins -- you win more space, the lucky buyer gets that part that's been hiding in dust, and the beasts get caged.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Streetbeastinsider ,你為什麼不去吃迪克和跳下懸崖...
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

41willys

How do you talk in gobley goo like that????

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 11-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
Streetbeastinsider ,你為什麼不去吃迪克和跳下懸崖...
That means in Chinese , I warned you that you were going to get your *** sued , and it doesn't matter if every member on this site donates $50 , still not enough money to fight the "BEAST"
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Revolution Calling

Last journal entry: Poverty caps live on.
Last photo:

If just HALF the members here were to give a MINIMUM of 50 bucks, that would total $1,811,575.00

You don't want none of us.

All 72,464 members? $3,623,200... Plus we're way smarter than you.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBeast Insider
That means in Chinese , I warned you that you were going to get your *** sued , and it doesn't matter if every member on this site donates $50 , still not enough money to fight the "BEAST"
No, that means that you are easily confused by the software on the computer in front of you.

You also seem confused about numbers. If "every member on this site donates $50", it would exceed the amount requested for attorney's fees for the 7 attorneys who beat the District of Columbia all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. That took 6 years and the bill includes an "enhancement" that doubles most of the hours.

Perhaps you could hire a math tutor for the (alleged) management at Streetbeasts. Tutors work much more cheaply than attorneys.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
The Maintenance Geek

Last photo:

Quote:
still not enough money to fight the "BEAST"
Yes, the "Beast" without a spine, instead of filling orders with parts,
they ship excuses.

Gonna sue me now??

Good luck...

Oh yeah, I've got an odd Y-Block part for the auction... an Edelbrock 257 intake,
takes two Carter WCFBs, or a pair of "towering inferno" Holleys, or how about
a Spearco 4bbl for a '71 to '74 Pinto 2L, or a twin DCOE Webber intake for a
Pinto 1600...

K
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
I've donated my 50, I am willing to donate more, I've also compiling some parts for our upcoming auctions. I really don't believe that you understand what you've gotten yourself into here, my next step will be canceling all my magazine subscriptions that carry your ads. Why? Because I believe in free speech. A massive email campaign by our members to the magazine companies ain't a bad idea. You've never screwed me over but I don't like your ideals.

You're also messing with Jon. After being a member here for many years, I have come to respect him as one of the good guys, an upright citizen with the backbone of a patriot. There have been times he could have taken the easy way out, he's done the right thing every time.

When you get tired of bailing your sinking ship, bail out, you may be able to do this in time to save face. I predict within the year the media will have a few things to say. And I have never seen the media not support free speech, isn't that what the media and the web is all about?

We have some very intelligent people at H.R.com, Jons' lawyer has a large team from this website compiling lists of information. It's taken you folks years to better your reputation from the late 90's, do you really want to start over? Personally, I don't think your company or your lawyers have the wisdom to realize your boat is rapidly sinking, I'd like to play taps for you all someday.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I've donated my 50, I am willing to donate more, I've also compiling some parts for our upcoming auctions. I really don't believe that you understand what you've gotten yourself into here, my next step will be canceling all my magazine subscriptions that carry your ads. Why? Because I believe in free speech. A massive email campaign by our members to the magazine companies ain't a bad idea. You've never screwed me over but I don't like your ideals.

You're also messing with Jon. After being a member here for many years, I have come to respect him as one of the good guys, an upright citizen with the backbone of a patriot. There have been times he could have taken the easy way out, he's done the right thing every time.

When you get tired of bailing your sinking ship, bail out, you may be able to do this in time to save face. I predict within the year the media will have a few things to say. And I have never seen the media not support free speech, isn't that what the media and the web is all about?

We have some very intelligent people at H.R.com, Jons' lawyer has a large team from this website compiling lists of information. It's taken you folks years to better your reputation from the late 90's, do you really want to start over? Personally, I don't think your company or your lawyers have the wisdom to realize your boat is rapidly sinking, I'd like to play taps for you all someday.
Why do you keep referring to me as "You" , Like I work for Streetbeast , I explained over and over , i worked for CMC , fiber fab and Streetbeast off and on for 15 years . I posted pertinent info about this company on this site. I tried to warn Jon , that the legal team was coming. Im all for free speech. As far as the legal donations, even if you raise a million , George levin has 100 million , guy drives a million dollar car, he will tie you up in court till you have nothing left ....seen it
Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
41willys

How do you talk in gobley goo like that????

R
Funny, I used a translator, copy and pasted to the reply box.

Jason
Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Why do you keep referring to me as "You" , Like I work for Streetbeast , I explained over and over , i worked for CMC , fiber fab and Streetbeast off and on for 15 years . I posted pertinent info about this company on this site. I tried to warn Jon , that the legal team was coming. Im all for free speech. As far as the legal donations, even if you raise a million , George levin has 100 million , guy drives a million dollar car, he will tie you up in court till you have nothing left ....seen it
To begin with we are not stupid. Your story has way too many inconsistencies as do your posts. We know why you're here and have a very good idea who you really are. The more you post the more you tip your hand.

Your posts have not been warnings they've been threats. The more threats you post the more evidence we collect. Face it.... your cover has been blown. Now do us all a favor and go play your games somewhere else.

Which reminds me... you have a total of 1 post in the technical forums. If you're not going to contribute to this board in a positive way and just disrupt things then maybe we need to give you a vacation. It might give you some time to reflect on things and you can see how ridiculous you look every time you make a post.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
And this makes the point I am trying to get across.....the longer this goes on, the more the public will hear of this sterling reputation of the company, how will sales be affected? Drag it out for years, Jon's a young man with a LOT of support. How old is Levin? Down the drain. It takes years to build a reputation, a very short time to ruin one. I've been watching S.B. info and ads since 1999, the first year I heard of the lawsuit. It hasn't been until the last few years that momentum has swung as far as advertising goes, single column ads to full pages of today, money soon wasted. More and more people research their investments for new products, keep the info alive and right up front on the search engines.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 PM

Last photo:

Seems to me if I was the owner I would be spending time re vamping my company. Reaching out, saying we are improving our products, sales people and customer service they make frivolous lawsuits against freedom of speech and alienate even more potential customers. Look around on the net, 95% of whats posted is negative and I dont mean just this site!

The funny thing is even if the page is taken down 10 more people will be there to re post it. Just use public computers at the library that way they cant sue you.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.