Streetbeasts lawsuit fundraising tachometer graphic request - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Agreed; caught me by surprise. I like how his features the exact dollar amount.

I'm interested to see how a graphic is made into a standalone web page.
This is very simple Jon, and if done right, it can easily come to the top of google in less than a week. The image is basically used for a background image and anything can be inserted around above or as with any page on top of it, such as flash, embedded media, links correspondingly and so on. This is what I do basically. I call them splash pages, and it's extremely simple. If you have a place on your domain such as an article file or folder that you can use as a subdomain or able to add an index file without hurting the main website it is a snap.

An example would be " http://www.hotrodders.com/streetbeasts/index.html " There is nothing here but just using it as an example.

I did not want to use my addy for sake of me advertising what I do, it would be unfair and not to the liking of hotrodders IMO.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Ah, that's clever -- using the background attribute of the body tag, or with CSS, I imagine. Also good to hear that there is Google-savvy among our artists; that's where the power of the web really makes itself known. A great deal of search engine optimization work went into Hotrodders.com.

I think I'm going to let this thread sit until Monday, and see what we come up with in regard to the tach. I like the classic look of your 2nd tach design, but Doodler's does a good job of highlighting the dollar amount, which I think is going to be important when we're working towards a goal shared among thousands of people. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. Then, we need to get going with this fundraiser. 3 lawsuits ain't cheap, and if we can do this with donations, we can avoid running advertisements on the forum.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:57 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Agreed; caught me by surprise. I like how his features the exact dollar amount.

I'm interested to see how a graphic is made into a standalone web page.
Let me know what you decide. If we want to go the route I went, I can quickly do some tweaking to the text and to the tach.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
Let me know what you decide. If we want to go the route I went, I can quickly do some tweaking to the text and to the tach.
Doodler, your image is just about perfect in creativeness and it can be integrated into a webpage that does show itself on the net easily as Jon said, I know from a fact how much SEO is involved with this website, very important for today with good construction. Jon is right in knowing that CSS and HTML is a standard validating dimension and extension of the complete website as a whole.

I'm not sure how large your image is or what program was used, I'm gussing illustrator, but al you really need is the needle and the image. It's only a change in the PSD if you drop it into photoshop. Add flash tickers, countdowns or count ups, and add the google add space for no reason other than non informed guests and it will generate added revenue for the cause.

Anything can be done on the net now and also inside the forums the way this place is set up, I'm no IT or SEO guy but this place sure does standout heavily when searching on the net for hotrodders, just do a quick search for "hotrodders art" or even add contest after the first words, you'll see how well it's configured.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM

I think I'd like to go with Doodler's entry.

Only Racing did a good job of a classic tach design, but, IMO, Doodler's is ideal for this fundraising task, especially as it prominently displays the dollar amount raised.

Thanks guys. I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to graphic design, and it's quite a privilege to be able to request this kind of work and have multiple professional designs from which to choose.

Doodler -- please let me know what I need to do to proceed. Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Good choice Jon, his work speaks for itself quite a bit, Conrgrats Doodler, excellent piece of artwork !!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Thanks guys. OnlyRacing, This is basically the line where I'm have no idea what I'm doing. I'm going to do some slight edits to this (basically adding a little more detail) and since you seem to know more of what Jon needs, I'd like to fwd it off to you if you don't mind. If that works for you, just let me know how to get you the art.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

I will do that, it's simple to make a page and use thetach as the background and make the needle a gif that way a new background image isn't loading with each change, just the gif image of the needle, it also allows them to add lines of text, their logo and some basic seo for the search engines, it could be a standalone page or an image n the right place will do similar but not as fun. I'm away for at least a week with a giant race to cover so take your time, the image should be at least 1024 sized or around the basic 990 width of a full page of a website.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm thinking we would also need a standard gif, jpg, or png that we could use in a banner, that we could make with the tach in one layer, and the needle in another.

Last edited by Jon; 10-13-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I'm thinking we would also need a standard gif, jpg, or png that we could use in a banner, that we could make with the tach in one layer, and the needle in another.
That would be it exactly Jon, If doodler sends me the stuff it doesn't have to be big so PNG's are much gleaner than a gif and the background is always going to be a jpg just to overlay the gif which I'm thinking you would like to be animated, add a small sound file, put in the lines of people that made donations and BAM, a cool page.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Ah, I hadn't even thought about animation. I usually don't use it, but, in this situation, I think it would really make a cool effect. I'm thinking we might still need a standalone image though, that I could insert into banners to use on various pages around the site.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Yes, that is also a good way and a usefull image Jon, you let Doodler know what you need,, I can make the page that you can easily update in simple notepad and even preview it if you like off my host. Please do as you wish.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
I can make the page that you can easily update in simple notepad and even preview it if you like off my host.
Sure, that sounds great. I'm interested to see how you put it all together. I think that's a solid idea for the dedicated page listing donors, and we can use Doodler's graphic individually for banners to place around the site.

Doodler -- when it's ready to go, send me what you got: jon@hotrodders.com. I think I'll be good to go, as long as the needle is in a separate layer, so I can adjust it. I'd like to get started on the fundraiser this week, and we can add in all of the graphic stuff when it's complete.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.