Hot Rod Forum banner

Stripped Holley carb threads

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TroyBoy 
#1 ·
My buddy picked up a Holley #4779 750 at a swap meet.It has a stripped squirter thread in the primary side.I've asked for tech help at Holley a couple weeks ago but haven't got a reply.I was wondering if anyone knew of a Heli-coil type of repair?I thought of epoxy but I'm afraid I will screw it up.Any thoughts :confused: Thanks

#4 ·
If it's really stripped the carb is pretty much junk. I've seen people use JB Weld which will work, but may cause problems if you decide to replace the squirter. I've seen people use JB Weld and make new threads by drilling the JB Weld and tapping new threads. You have to do this with the carb off and get all the shaving out of the carb before installing it on the motor. JB Weld resists gas too.

#6 ·
Bo Laws- haven't heard that name in a while! He used to be in a hole-in-the-wall shop in Taft, FL, outside Orlando on the south side.

Back years ago, he had a bad-A Elky w/a BBC in it. Black on black, noisy, and really was pretty quick. We'd drop by there and drink a few and shoot the **** before going back to Kissimmee/St. Cloud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.