Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stroked 305
Thread: Stroked 305
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 08:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Stroked 305

Alright, I know that I am going to get chewed on this one, but maybe not.
I am building a stroked 305, .060 over with a 3.75 inch stroke for about 334 cubes. I have had the block tapped for four bolt mains with the outer two bolts digging into the block at a 22 degree angle. I think it will hold. I plan to use a World Castings Torquer 305 head because the 58cc chamber should boost compression. The engine was rebuilt to stock specs about 900 miles ago, and just isn't cuttin' it. It is going to be rebuilt again. On and off I am working on a 383 stroker with a blower, but for now I would like to see this 334 come alive because the blower is going to set me back a lot financially. My question regards connecting rods. I plan to use a Scat crank and rods, but I am confused on the size. From what I understand, the pistons I am getting will work fine with a 3.75 inch stroke and 5.565 inch rods, but I was wondering how the motor would react to 5.7 or 6.0 inch rods. I am planning to run over 10.1:1 compression, but I don't want to go crazy because this is a Street/slight strip car. If I use the longer rods will I have clearance problems or is it just a matter of too high compression. The only reason I ask is because the deck height is 9.025 inches, just like a 350, and that works fine with teh 3.75 crank and 6.0 rods. Is it a matter of combustion chamber size? What about other combos like a 3.48 inch stroke with a 6.0 inch rod? Maybe It would be best to go with the recommended 3.75 crank and 5.565 rods. Anything anybody can offer will really help.